X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I just got the subscription for Marvel UNlimited, so Ican overload on X-men and finally read... everything..

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Finally got around to renting this. What a steaming pile.

I think I'm on that same "done with xmen" boat, until they get some worthy people heading this up. It's a shame too, because a good portion of the casting is pretty great.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My biggest issue with the movie, and I'm not sure WHY I feel this or how to address it is the sense of finality. I mean, apocalypse and magneto are literally reshaping the world and I just felt like there weren't any real stakes. I think there was just too much of the movie devoted to inconsequential things. Quicksilver, weapon x, I don't know I just didn't feel worried

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't feel like reading the last 40 pages of the thread. The only question I had for the comic nerds is what Apocalypse meant when Jean went full out Phoenix and he said something like "there is another" before being vaporized. What is all of that about?

Overall, the movie was meh. They need to lose the ultra faggy chars like that Angel and Demon looking guys. I think Magneto stole the show. His acting makes you really feel for the "bad guy".

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Don't feel like reading the last 40 pages of the thread. The only question I had for the comic nerds is what Apocalypse meant when Jean went full out Phoenix and he said something like "there is another" before being vaporized. What is all of that about?

Overall, the movie was meh. They need to lose the ultra faggy chars like that Angel and Demon looking guys. I think Magneto stole the show. His acting makes you really feel for the "bad guy".

It's been a while since i saw the shit movie, but I think i took the line about "there is another" just being a generic surprise at how powerful she was.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's been a while since i saw the shit movie, but I think i took the line about "there is another" just being a generic surprise at how powerful she was.

He doesn't say "there is another", he says "all is revealed." I assume he says this because he knows what the Phoenix is and how she's able to put the smack down on him.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
He doesn't say "there is another", he says "all is revealed." I assume he says this because he knows what the Phoenix is and how she's able to put the smack down on him.

Yeah I tried not to remember the movie. Not worth the effort. Only trying to help out Jysin due to his quote. Either way if it was supposed to be some revelation on Apoc's part, it was terribly done.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I always try to go into an Xmen type of movie knowing its just going to be mostly action, little story with some bad parts, but still try to enjoy it. I just cant for the life of me get over how Apoc was just.. all powerful. Ruled over civilization easily. Ported anywhere in the world he wanted to. Enhance other mutants powers and.. in the end, he was just... mediocre at best? Like other people have said, the first 2/3's of the movie is typical and enjoyable, but the last part just leaves you wishing it was better.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I still haven't watched Apocolypse. Way to go, FOX. I fucking loved X-Men way more than Avengers as a kid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They need to give this shit back to Marvel then we might get some fucking amazing X-men movies. Sadly that will never happen. I hope the suits to keep it locked up in shitsville get dick cancer and die.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
They got 2 chances at phoenix and still managed to fuck it up. Just give up and let it go back to marvel already.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

As someone else said, he said "all is revealed". Not sure if there is any special meaning but if there is--it's that Phoenix is an ancient cosmic entity that is one of the "forces" of the Universe. The "Celestials" are beings on this level, most are not as powerful as the Phoenix but they are on the "cosmic entity" level, and there is an entire race of of them. To give a point of reference, Odin created a super sword from the energy of all the pantheons on earth, so like the Odin Force*10, and shot the head Celestial with it--and the Celestial laughed. (Though, to be fair, the head Celestial is ridiculously more powerful than the rest. A few of the Celestials are probably as powerful as Phoenix, especially Phoenix in Jean's body. But the "average" Celestial is significantly weaker. I think like 4-5 no name Celestials were able to fight off Galactus, but a couple died. However, the leader Celestials could probably easily take most versions of Galactus. So there is a big power spread among them.)

Any case, the Celestials made Apocalypses armor in the comics. In the Comics, his armor is the source of most of his powers--it gives him SOME powers of a celestial. In effect, the person who wears that armor is supposed to be a herald of the Celestials. So Apocalypse has some understanding of what the Phoenix Force, Eternity, Infinity, Galactus and other Cosmic entities are. (In the main Marvel films they call all of these Celestials, but in the Comics Celestials are a specific thing--the city nowhere the Guardians go to? That's the head of a Celestial.)

Here is one in the of them in Guardians.

That's Eson the Searcher.

Any case, so Apoc knows of these beings somewhat. He knows there are creatures that are actual "Gods". If this meant anything at all it was his acknowledgment that he was going to suffer the same fate as the people he was fighting--IE that the Phoenix was as far above him as the he was above the mutants. Which is one of his best lines in the Cartoon (Not sure if he said it in the Comics.)

But you can see from the Cartoons how badly they fucked Apocalypse up. I doubt the line actually meant anything in particular except his way of say "I fucked up". But if there was some larger reference it was the fact that he had a good idea of what was about to kill him and how badly he'd fucked up challenging it.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As someone else said, he said "all is revealed". Not sure if there is any special meaning but if there is--it's that Phoenix is an ancient cosmic entity that is one of the "forces" of the Universe. The "Celestials" are beings on this level, not as powerful as the Phoenix, but on the "cosmic entity" level, and there is an entire race of of them. To give a point of reference, Odin created a super sword from the energy of all the pantheons on earth, so like the Odin Force*10, and shot the head Celestial with it--and the Celestial laughed. (Though, to be fair, the head Celestial is ridiculously more powerful than the rest. A few of the Celestials are probably as powerful as Phoenix, especially Phoenix in Jean's body. But the "average" Celestial is significantly weaker. I think like 4-5 no name Celestials were able to fight off Galactus, but a couple died. However, the leader Celestials could probably easily take most versions of Galactus.)

Any case, the Celestials made Apocalypses armor in the comics. In the Comics, his armor is the source of most of his powers--it gives him SOME powers of a celestial. In effect, the person who wears that armor is supposed to be a herald of the Celestials. So Apocalypse has some understanding of what the Phoenix Force, Eternity, Infinity, Galactus and other Cosmic entities. (In the main Marvel films they call all of these Celestials, but in the Comics Celestials are a specific thing--the city nowhere the Guardians go to? That's the head of a Celestial.)

Here is one in the of them in Guardians.

That's Eson the Searcher.

Any case, so Apoc knows of these beings somewhat. He knows there are creatures that are actual "Gods". If this meant anything at all it was his acknowledgment that he was going to suffer the same fate as the people he was fighting--IE that the Phoenix was as far above him as the he was above the mutants. Which is one of his best lines in the Cartoon (Not sure if he said it in the Comics.)

But you can see from the Cartoons how badly they fucked Apocalypse up. I doubt the line actually meant anything in particular except his way of say "I fucked up". But if there was some larger reference it was the fact that he had a good idea of what was about to kill him and how badly he'd fucked up challenging it.

Cool stuff to read. Definitely has some interesting lore behind it!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user