X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well the original guy who voiced Apocalypse for the 90s cartoon died in 2000, but they had another guy for one of the later seasons who is still alive. Get him to do it.

Or have Steven Blum give it a try.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm guessing as one of the conditions for doing this film Jennifer Lawrence didn't want to have to sit in the make up chair for 6 hours a day.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
They make it look like angel sheds blades as he flies or something. And probably glitter too.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I love that they don't say "I have been called many things...Ra, Yahweh, Krishna." and don't mention Mohammad. I wonder if they thought the producers would get ISIS bombed.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
It's probably because Islam isn't very old, and wouldn't get the ancient nature of Apocalypse across very well.

Islam is the Mormonism of the ancient world.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
It's probably because Islam isn't very old, and wouldn't get the ancient nature of Apocalypse across very well.

Islam is the Mormonism of the ancient world.
Not to start a retarded religious argument in an Xmen thread, but Islam is closer in age to Christianity, than Mormonism. Islam pre-dates Mormonism by 1000 years.

But to tie it back to the topic at hand, neither Islam or Christianity(or Mormanism) would make sense in the Apocalpyse quote. all are way too recent. He went with mentioning ancient religions/gods that are all 3000+ years old.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Can't blame them for using the biggest female star in the world that they stumbled into right before she blew up.
Yep. She was signed on for 3 movies before she signed for Hunger Games. And that's probably why she's not so much in makeup; they want us to see her.
Curious why we didn't see wolverine. I'm wondering if we will see a skeletal rip.
They carefully husband the dude's film options. Any additional film needs a couple trailers of money thrown at him.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not sure about the Apocalypse look, or Storm's. Actually... ehhhh sketchy looks all around.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Can't help but get a 90's batman movie vibe from this, I'm sure it'll be better than those, but can't help it.
The 90's xmen cartoon really spoiled Apocalypse for us.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Can't help but get a 90's batman movie vibe from this, I'm sure it'll be better than those, but can't help it.
The 90's xmen cartoon really spoiled Apocalypse for us.
Just like the cartoon spoiled us on the Days of Future Past story-line, compared to the movie that butchered it imo. This will be the same - the trailer already shows they won't do justice to Apocalypse or the 4 horsemen

Xeldar

Silver Squire
have a feeling its gonna be a DBZ saga, big baddy shows up and crushes the xmen/mutants. Xmen have to run off to the hyperbolic time chamber to get stronger ====> eventually Xavier and Magneto (not before quibbling) go SS3 and beat big baddy apoc.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Not to start a retarded religious argument in an Xmen thread, but Islam is closer in age to Christianity, than Mormonism. Islam pre-dates Mormonism by 1000 years.

But to tie it back to the topic at hand, neither Islam or Christianity(or Mormanism) would make sense in the Apocalpyse quote. all are way too recent. He went with mentioning ancient religions/gods that are all 3000+ years old.
Yahweh is the name of the Hebrew God. The part of the bible that gave him that name was written far closer to the other names mentioned (Ra, Krishna) than either The New Testament or The Koran.

Edit: just read the second part of your post. We agree. The Mormon thing was a joke.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
New (first?) poster:

rrr_img_119597.jpg

I wasn't prepared...for how big it would be in this post.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
I love that they don't say "I have been called many things...Ra, Yahweh, Krishna." and don't mention Mohammad. I wonder if they thought the producers would get ISIS bombed.
Or because Mohammad is a prophet and not a god... You would have been in the right realm if you said Allah, but being an Abrahamic religion, Yahweh covers that as Allah is essentially the same idea. But GG on the hate.