X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I wouldnt give this movie anything above a 5.5 . They need to get vaughn back or something, the design that everyone has been bitching about isnt any better in theatre. Mystique in First class even as a child looked better that the crap they put out in Apocalypse, Beast looked much worse in Apocalypse also

x-men-sequel-mystique.jpg

47207-x-men-fc03raven-child.jpg

Jennifer-Lawrence-X-Men-Apocalypse-600x313.jpg

will-x-men-apocalypse-really-be-beast-s-last-x-movie-307275.jpg

xmenapocalypsebanner_size3.jpg

Jive Turkey

Karen
Some of the clunkiest dialogue I've ever heard.
And having Apocalypse go around all 'hey, you know any bad mutants?" "ya, I know where we can find some" is some shit I would've written in grade 7 creative writing class.

Also, I can't look at Apocalypse without seeing Tom Berenger's leathery face

ew-x-men-apocalypse-isaac-144782-144795.jpg

tomberenger-2.jpg

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
They changed how they do her makeup, it's mostly like pantyhose/spandex now, and she has to pee standing up using a funnel (via theGraham Norton show).

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Saw it today, and give it a 7/10. It definitely is a hard sell after seeing Civil War but its not "terrible". I am upset at Ivan Ooze making his appearance in my Marvel franchise but him aside i generally liked the rest of the cast sans Jizzlaw. I am not sure why they let it focus on her but whatever. Magneto was great, Prof X was great and the end scene with Jean was pretty lit.

Problem is everyone saw Cap 3 and watching /this/ after that is like....have they learned nothing? I mean it was pretty slow throughout the movie but i enjoyed it enough to not be crazy and put it near BvS. However out of the current new Xmen movies it is the worse. I have hopes of Sinister but considering how the origin already seems to by leading away from the comics (despite apoc presence and such) it makes me wonder.

Also Wolverine scene was pretty money. I wonder how many people laughed at Stryker saying "brb" knowing dam well that ass was about to flee for his life.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I liked the Stryker line. But the guy they use reminds me so much of that dumb fucker from American Pie and Dude where's my career.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Saw it tonight. It wasn't terrible. Quicksilver continues to be the stand out.

I don't like

how Fox likes to totally change the Phoenix part of Jean Grey.

Looks like the next (final?) Wolverine movie will involve Mister Sinister...

Homsar

Maybe its because im more of an X-men/Apocalypse fan than Superman but I would watch BvS over this I'm pretty sure. Apocalypse is fucked up worse than the BvS Doomsday. I would also mention they fucked up Lex but its Lex's jr. so there isnt much source material to bitch about

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm a huge X-Men fan, they are what got me into comics. X-Men #121 (Alpha Flight) was the first comic I ever bought...well, had my parents buy for me anyway. I loved Nightcrawler and Colossus, and actually tried to get my parents to find me a Bamf stuffed toy to give to my "girlfriend" (I was 10, sue me). Dark Phoenix storyline blew my teenage mind to smithereens. So maybe that does color my hatred for this movie somewhat, but I liked DoFP well enough, and First Class, while it had a bunch of parts I really didn't like, was at least tolerable. And I actually have always hated/been sick of Wolverine in the comics*, but despite his obvious lack of similarities I feel Jackman made the character entertaining for me. So I don't think it is just my desire for it to be a great movie that tinges my perspective, I think it is just that it is a shitty movie. I won't be rewatching this one or BvS anytime soon, but I'd probably check out First Class or DoFP if one happened to come on TV.

*EDIT: To clarify, I loved Wolverine at first, even have his Limited Series that the latest movie was based loosely on. It was only after I had read that he was the best there is at what he does about a thousand times, and he was in every goddamn crossover, that I began to despise him. Jackman changed all that, and I like him a lot in the movies.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
IDK, i cant give it below a 7, hell people in the movie laughed and clapped at some point iirc. My brother who went with me to this and BvS said it was "aight", which about sums it up. It had some good scenes and alot of "why did this get greenlit?" moments. I am still upset with Apocalypse but as a whole i hope the series is moving into a good direction. Mr Sinister and Apoc mean Nathan Summers can be born in this timeline and that could just rile up all kinds of awesome along the way. Perhaps we will even get some good crossovers at some point.

Mysitque just needs to go away, die or get captured or something.

Homsar

Its hilarious that marvel can make a movie based off Ant Man while Fox cant do shit with the X men franchise. I cared more about an ant (Anthony) then any character in Apocalypse....

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The spoiler version. Dumping on the third act and Jennifer Lawrence's performance seems to be broad consensus. And apparently Munn was in the movie so little because they ended up cutting around her because she was so bad.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I think people are waking up and realizing every fucking role she's ever played in her life was Jennifer Lawerence. We like celebrities, not actors. But for some reason we confuse the two. Shes got great tits and a whiskey voice like the 500 other leading ladies before her (no one fucking remembers). We never gave Kathleen Turner academy awards.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Emergency Awesome said that both Jubilee using her powers was cut, as was a scene in the mall where a Dazzler record is pulled out and it's Taylor Swift as Alison Blaire.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Taylor Swift would actually be completely fine as Dazzler in my opinion. Couldn't be any worse than half the cast they did go with. Also, I like Taylor Swift. Yes, I said it.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I liked this movie, except for the ending. You guys had my expectations so low that I was expecting another BvS. I'd rate it 7/10. I feel like they wasted characters (Angel, Storm and Psylocke). Captain America 3 had double the characters, yet each one had their own story arc. "Usually the third movie is the worst one" is correct Ms. Grey.