X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Just saw it. Wasn't a bad movie, "decidedly average" would probably be the best label. While there were things that could've been done better, the only thing that seriously annoyed me was fucking Beast. Could they have phoned it in any harder when it came to his makeup and effects? Especially considering how good he looked in First Class. It's been too long since I last saw DoFP, did he look this bad in that as well?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You are the only person I have ever heard complain about Beast's appearance in any of these movies.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I thought Rose McGowan was really cute in Monkeybone

rrr_img_135162.jpg

But then she started dating Marilyn Manson

rrr_img_135163.jpg

100% untouchable after that.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Make that 3. Beast looks like a blue werewolf with lipstick in these movies. Kelsey Grammar Beast was just about perfect

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The make up for beast was much worse in DoFP and Apocalypse. They dont really mess with his nose or teeth anymore they just paint him and his hair blue and call it a day
Beast.jpg

compared to first class

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I don't mind the appearance of the younger beast, but his character in the last 2 or 3 movies has been pretty inconsequential.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
The make up for beast was much worse in DoFP and Apocalypse. They dont really mess with his nose or teeth anymore they just paint him and his hair blue and call it a day
Pretty much my issue. In First Class, they at least tried to make Beast look, well, beastly. In Apocalypse they just paint him blue and slap some fake eyebrows on him.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You also had chemistry when Mystique was dealing with Beast, Charles or Eric in First Class. Every time mystique interacted with Beast or the other characters in the singer movies it just fell flat

I forgot how badass Azazel was in First Class compared to the new Nightcrawler, Vaughn is just a much better director than Singer

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
You also had chemistry when Mystique was dealing with Beast, Charles or Eric in First Class. Every time mystique interacted with Beast or the other characters in the singer movies it just fell flat
I dunno if I would put that on Singer's doorstep. The talk of her being unhappy with the character and having to wear the makeup has been out there for quite some time. That's more on her for not bringing it to the role just because she thinks she above all of it now.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Then what about Hoult, he seemed to go to shit also
I dunno. I tend to not blame director's for bad acting performances unless the acting is bad across the board or at least pervasive throughout much of the cast. It never made sense to me to laud someone like Fassbender or McAvoy for their performances then turn around and blame the director when Jennifer Lawrence phones it in for the same movie.

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I dunno. I tend to not blame director's for bad acting performances unless the acting is bad across the board or at least pervasive throughout much of the cast. It never made sense to me to laud someone like Fassbender or McAvoy for their performances then turn around and blame the director when Jennifer Lawrence phones it in for the same movie.
9 times out of 10 its the director.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I thought Hoult was one of the stronger performances in Apocalypse, actually. Not that that puts him necessarily into the "great" category, but compared to the vast number of shitty performances I was pleased with his. Same with Havok. Unfortunately neither of them really had a lot of scenes to do much with. Which is kind of a theme with everyone in the movie that isn't McAvoy or Fassbender. Even Apocalypse didn't really have enough scenes (where he did something besides lie or stand there) to make us give a fuck.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
What else could they have done with Apoc? Witty banter? A love interest? Did he do any of that in the comics?