X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
I assume you mean how after Xavier/McAvoy they have the two eye candies Lawrence and Munn featured prominently on the poster.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This sums it up.

rrr_img_134055.jpg
Where is mystique????

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
McAvoy looks like he's trying to tell you to stay away in that poster.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Haha now that you mention it. Everyone on the poster is full-on powered mode, except JLaw.
Well technically she is in powered mode since human is not her original form meaning she's using her power. If she was in blue form Mystique that would be non-powered mode. ;p

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I wouldnt mind Lawrence in the Mystique role if Mystique played the role she should play in these movies (i.e. one or at most two scenes per movie). Its a stupid character with a stupid and uninteresting power. I think shes fine for the character; the problem is a character whose power is basically makeup is taking center stage along with mutants who could reshape the planet with a thought. Shes not a good actress but it wouldnt matter if she stayed in her place.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
You're not supposed to see this in the US until next week, right? Time to use some spoilage to cover actual content rather than just public info, then.

Quick summary: It's not an awful or bad movie, it's just... not a good one either. X-Me? is a good way to express the result.

Most of the characters are completely left undeveloped. Let's see, they introduce brand new Cyclops, Phoenix, Psylocke, Storm, Archangel, Nightcrawler, and of course Apocalypse, which are all main characters. In addition to having major time with Prof. X, Magneto, Quicksilver, Beast, Mystique, Wolverine and Moira Mc Taggert. Does that leave room for character development? Nope. Given the amount of action scenes, we're left with paltry minutes to understand what makes these brand new X-Men tick, and the movie fails at that.

The best part of the film are the sequences with Quicksilver. I wish it had been "Age of Quicksilver" instead.

Oh, and Sophie Turner needs to learn to act, because I swore I was watching pre-season 5 Sansa Stark all the time until Jean Grey finally let go.
Oh, and we had to google the post-credits scene to pick the reference. Because you really need to be absolute X-Men nerds to figure out that
Essex Corp refers to Nathaniel "Mister Sinister" Essex
Final note: 6/10, will not pick any DVD edition, even Extended/Director's Cut.

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
I honestly don't know how you can fuck up X-Men. That really seems almost impossible.
Well here's how that process goes.

Be a comic book company in the 80's struggling to stay afloat. Sell popular characters movie rights to companies, and especially give the Xmen to FOX. Lastly you have a director who made 1 and a half good Xmen movie, then make him leave and hire someone who cannot direct his way out of a wet paper bag, reboot the franchise with a good director and some pretty solid names for actors to play key parts, then get the first director back who desperately tries to tie this reboot with the old franchise 1 and a half good movie he directed. Then give him free reign because he hasn't made a good movie since Xmen 2, (Superman returns was shit, Jack the giant slayer was shit) have him fuck over one of the best xmen stories ever written, and pretty muh leave you with the only similarities being, some sort of time travel and the title....then make JLaw phone it in, make her way too important, and get this piece of shit Apocalypse movie.

That is how you make an Xmen movie suck. So sad that all the movie companies saw with deadpool was OMG RATED R ROCKS!!!!! instead of the real lesson: stay close to the source material, cherish the source material, it's what made these characters iconic, it's what the fans know and love.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Hollywood can read books? Figured it was all party car on the train there. We're lucky to get a protein bar, good ones are warm!
10hspkh.gif

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Hmmm, I totally missed the part
where you have an apocalypse, a world-wide wave of total destruction... and you don't see a single person dying. Anywhere.

But they're right. It's all property damage. Because it's not Apocalypse doing the earth shaking, it's Magneto under Apocalypse's orders, and Magneto isn't really a bad guy.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well here's how that process goes.

Be a comic book company in the 80's struggling to stay afloat. Sell popular characters movie rights to companies, and especially give the Xmen to FOX. Lastly you have a director who made 1 and a half good Xmen movie, then make him leave and hire someone who cannot direct his way out of a wet paper bag, reboot the franchise with a good director and some pretty solid names for actors to play key parts, then get the first director back who desperately tries to tie this reboot with the old franchise 1 and a half good movie he directed. Then give him free reign because he hasn't made a good movie since Xmen 2, (Superman returns was shit, Jack the giant slayer was shit) have him fuck over one of the best xmen stories ever written, and pretty muh leave you with the only similarities being, some sort of time travel and the title....then make JLaw phone it in, make her way too important, and get this piece of shit Apocalypse movie.

That is how you make an Xmen movie suck. So sad that all the movie companies saw with deadpool was OMG RATED R ROCKS!!!!! instead of the real lesson: stay close to the source material, cherish the source material, it's what made these characters iconic, it's what the fans know and love.
Singer can make some of the best action shots but hes pretty bad at making a full movie. Besides Usual suspects his films normally fall flat, the only reason I watch X-2 or DoFP is for the Nightcrawler or Quicksilver scenes which are the very similar with the bullet time slow motion style

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Holy shit this movie is bad, Apocalypse was completely ruined. It is close to Last Stand bad

Best quote of the movie "At least we can all agree the third one is always the worst". Also Lol at Munn turning down Deadpool for this shit, I dont think she said anything the entire movie besides "What do you want"

joz123

Potato del Grande
Holy shit this movie is bad, Apocalypse was completely ruined. It is close to Last Stand bad

Best quote of the movie "At least we can all agree the third one is always the worst". Also Lol at Munn turning down Deadpool for this shit, I dont think she said anything the entire movie besides "What do you want"
But female empowerment!!1!1111

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Granted I watched the pirated version but this was shit. I'll still catch it in theaters, probably twice. But man...bad choices all around. About 10 good minutes out of 2 hours, and for the first time Isaacs was awful too. Not really his fault. Basically it's Star Trek V, seriously I had a hard time not laughing and thinking of "Show me your pain".