X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Quicksilver's scenes don't really make a lick of sense from a scientific accuracy standpoint but it's still really fun to watch
You nerds have been whining about comic book physics since FOH, give it a break. Newsflash: no mutant in the movie's powers made sense from a scientific standpoint. Or maybe you believe someone can teleport at will, control storms, or shoot concussive blasts from their eyes.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Okay! No superhero makes sense from a scientific standpoint, including Batman (how the fuck does he have enough cord in his grapple gun to climb a building) still fun to watch. I wasn't trying to pick on him specifically.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I think speed in general in any comic is really just the ability to slow down time instead. Trying to even fathom someone being able to run that fast just makes me think they will fuck up a turn and go splat. Im sure there are tons of weird theories into this but thats just make odd take on it.

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I hate this film. Well maybe hate is too strong a word. I felt BvS was the better movie. Id also say that Brett Ratner movie is better than this. The only things I enjoyed was the Wolverine and Quicksilver scenes. The plot was weak, the dialogue was atrocious. The cast for Scott and Jean was awful.. White Queen awful. I kept falling asleep. I have to take my older daughter to see this so perhaps a 2nd viewing will convince me other wise but as it stands now i felt it was the worst superhero movie this year and pretty bad in general.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Not to defend, but what was wrong with Scott and Jean? Of all that is wrong with the film those two were soooo behind everything else lol.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This film was a really solid meh for me. I didn't hate it but I kind of feel I wasted my time going to see it. I think I'm done with Xmen.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Saw this last night. It had its moments... not much else I can say about it. Not terrible and not particularly good either.

Just seemed like they were trying way too hard to vomit out characters into the film like the MCU does (and does well) but fell far from the mark.

Arakkis

N00b
I will have to see this again to make sure, but this might be my favorite superhero movie outside of Avengers. The only gripes I had were that they did not set up the 4 horsemen very well, and they felt like hollow villains. The scope of Apocalypse's power was shown incredibly well, and I honestly could not predict what he was doing until each part of the plan was revealed. Very well done and I'm not sure why it is getting so much hate.

Vinen

God is dead
I will have to see this again to make sure, but this might be my favorite superhero movie outside of Avengers. The only gripes I had were that they did not set up the 4 horsemen very well, and they felt like hollow villains. The scope of Apocalypse's power was shown incredibly well, and I honestly could not predict what he was doing until each part of the plan was revealed. Very well done and I'm not sure why it is getting so much hate.
This movie was made of fail and aids.

Plot was 100% predictable. Zero twists which were not easily called out.
I still liked it.

Wife on the otherhand. She got pissed off at how once again they gave Asians about 10 seconds of presence in the movie. Doesn't help she has a complete distaste for Olivia Munn.

Arakkis

N00b
Really? So you knew exactly what Apoc was going to do with the nukes? You knew why he wanted Magneto? You knew what was going to happen leading up to the QS scene?

Bullshit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I knew exactly where the nukes were going. You could tell during his speech when he referred to them as sticks and stones.

I somewhat expected more betrayal from his horsemen, but only Storm kind of betrayed him.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Was really hoping for Magneto to rip Apocalypse in 2 like in the comics, otherwise plot was pretty predictable I thought. Only real surprise was the casualty mid-movie.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
BvS was enjoyable from "I can't take my eyes of this car crash" perspective. Apocalypse was just... things happened, they made sense for why they happened. Scenes transitioned in an orderly way. But there was just no sense of connection to the characters. Even charles and magneto, who I've always loved s actors and characters, i just had no compelling reason to care about any of it

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Was really hoping for Magneto to rip Apocalypse in 2 like in the comics, otherwise plot was pretty predictable I thought. Only real surprise was the casualty mid-movie.
Who dies? Spoiler it if you want, but I don't plan to see this anytime before redbox, and don't give a shit about being spoiled. Just curious!

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Who dies? Spoiler it if you want, but I don't plan to see this anytime before redbox, and don't give a shit about being spoiled. Just curious!
Havok and Archangel die, also Magneto's wife and child. Not ssure if his daughter was supposed to be polaris or Scarlet Witch

j00t

Havok and Archangel die, also Magneto's wife and child. Not ssure if his daughter was supposed to be polaris or Scarlet Witch
neither. I don't remember his daughters name, but I remember it NOT being Wanda or Lorna

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah sadly were trying to make sense and logic of something that had absolutely no point except to explain why Magneto went Magnemo again.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
BvS was enjoyable from "I can't take my eyes of this car crash" perspective. Apocalypse was just... things happened, they made sense for why they happened. Scenes transitioned in an orderly way. But there was just no sense of connection to the characters. Even charles and magneto, who I've always loved s actors and characters, i just had no compelling reason to care about any of it
I wonder if Cap 3 didn't come out a month before, if we would be so critical of this movie.

j00t

If the MCU didn't exist, we wouldn't be so critical. The Nolan batman films would be the only measuring stick but even they are too... non-fantastical, I guess?

We would think that this was just the best we could get, but it's a lot like giving someone a nice filet for lunch, then giving them a Salisbury steak for dinner at the same price. It's not TERRIBLE, but we KNOW there's better