X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
On Magneto's list of grand misguided fuck ups, this one should probably rank in the top 5.

Capt letting brainwashed Bucky off the hook for murdering dozens, if not hundreds of people while Tony could not was understandable from both perspectives.

But lol at "oh, this time you killed a billion people and wrecked every city on earth? Well... lets have a piss and play chess sometime old chum"

That's friendship bordering on psychosis right there. Dude should have gotten the Dexter ending, set to the sad music from the Hulk show, while holding a gun in his mouth and levitating an anvil over his head.

Plastic prison? He walks off with a smile in a gettin' laid suit.

8/10 plenty of good scenes and Magneto being awesome.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Also how did that outfit manage to make Olivia Munn look like she was sporting a FUPA. Was she wearing a diaper under that thing?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Wasn't she pregnant or something at the time or right before? Article said she lost 12 pounds during filming.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think people are grossly exaggerating how bad the movie was...but it was very mediocre compared to First Class and DoFP. The pacing was terrible, and the Quicksilver scene sucked. Whoever said they were trying (and failed) to recapture the magic of his scene in DoFP was spot on. I mean holy shit, that scene had to be three times as long as the scene in the kitchen of the Pentagon, it just went on and on. Wasn't really a fan of them killing off Havok for no particular reason either, thought it would be better to just keep giving him bit parts like he had in this one and DoFP.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Some of Magnetos lines were the cheesiest I've ever heard. "IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT FROM ME? IS THIS WHAT I AM?" was just missing Jennifer Love Hewitt spinning around in circles. And "Whoever you are, don't stop me from killing these men" was awkward and not something anyone would ever say. It was just so they could get Apocalypse to do something cool. The movie was littered with crap like that

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Saw it over the weekend. It was a good movie even if it's not on the same level as civil war or deadpool. Definitely better than BvS. My complaints would be:
1. Didn't like Jean grey. I guess the actress did fine, but she wasn't as pretty as the last one. I did not expect her to power up so soon. In the comics, does she always go dark when she pheonixes out? Actually, they all seemed to power up rather quickly.
2. I hate cyclops. I've always hated him in every incarnation I've seen him in and I can't explain why. They should have killed him off.
3. Psylocke. Really disappointed in her. I don't think it was all munn's fault, the character was 1 dimensional. Hopefully she'll get another chance and her new costume will show more skin.

Other than that, it was good stuff. Not enough quicksilver. Like has been said, I guess they were trying to recreate that one scene and while they did a good job of it, that was it. Not enough nightcrawler either. I think he's probably the most awesome x-man and can't get enough of him. I don't know where they got such a goofy looking actor. Was his neck really that long or was it CGI?

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
BvS was enjoyable from "I can't take my eyes of this car crash" perspective. Apocalypse was just... things happened, they made sense for why they happened. Scenes transitioned in an orderly way. But there was just no sense of connection to the characters. Even charles and magneto, who I've always loved s actors and characters, i just had no compelling reason to care about any of it
Spot....on!

Cybsled

3. Psylocke. Really disappointed in her. I don't think it was all munn's fault, the character was 1 dimensional. Hopefully she'll get another chance and her new costume will show more skin.
Psylocke was always the eye candy fluff + ninja assassin to make them badass character, not a surprise the movie is the same.

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not to defend, but what was wrong with Scott and Jean? Of all that is wrong with the film those two were soooo behind everything else lol.
sorry fucked up my back or i'd have responded sooner. Anywho... Scott, i find him to be about as horrid as the kid that played Mr Fantastic in the last FF movie. Just so MEH to me. i hate Sansa, i don't find her attractive, i don't feel she can act her way out of wet sack. Whenever she talks i hear fingernails on a chalk board. I just didn't like either of them and was immediately turned off. Scott's plot was wack as shit, i'm sad. i'm happy. i'm a rebel... wtf that isn't Scott.

The way they shot Apocalypse I kept expecting a midget orgy to break out out to the sound of Xanadu. The plot made no sense. The horsemen were all wasted. Magento was the only interesting character but i'm biased on Fassbender.

Jean is sometimes more than Phoenix and unless we are about to commit to a full on bad ass cosmic X-Men with Scott's father, the Shi'ar please stop.

I just really did not enjoy it, i fell asleep twice. YMMV and I am all for that. It just didn't work out for me but I would take a Quicksilver movie.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Took the kids today.

Didn't like the 'young X-men' thing but suspect they just wanted to set up a cast they could use for the next 15 years. I bet they're all tied in to multiple film contracts. Script for Scott sucked and I hate when they play with lore. They may as well have not bothered with the horsemen with what they did with them.

Overall though I enjoyed it. Loved the Quicksilver stuff. 7/10

Can they not use Scarlet Witch due to licensing rights ?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Took the kids today.

Didn't like the 'young X-men' thing but suspect they just wanted to set up a cast they could use for the next 15 years. I bet they're all tied in to multiple film contracts. Script for Scott sucked and I hate when they play with lore. They may as well have not bothered with the horsemen with what they did with them.

Overall though I enjoyed it. Loved the Quicksilver stuff. 7/10

Can they not use Scarlet Witch due to licensing rights ?
They can. It was probably revenge for Disney killing off Quicksilver.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
It actually behooves both studios to not have differing versions of major characters since much of the viewing public doesn't distinguish between the Fox's comic book movies and Disney's. During the Deadpool commentary Ryan Reynolds said that it surprised him how many in the press don't either.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
rrr_img_135104.jpg

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Yeah it's weird, the character has always had grey skin in all other media but the studio went with purple, and then blue.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I think it's really frustrating to watch the movie with Apocalypse looking like a Power Ranger Villain. With today's technology, they could really make him awesome.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I hated that Apocalypse only grew because he was in the professors mind. All he did most of the movie was melded people with shit and buffed

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
After thinking about it a bit, the worst part of the movie for me was Angel listening to Four Horsemen when Apocalypse came for him.