X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

Devlin

Golden Squire
Glad I didn't pay to see this.

It just didn't have anything to draw me in. Apocalypse wasn't well portrayed at all, how can they get it right in a Saturday morning cartoon show from 30 years ago but fail so badly in a summer blockbuster? Ultron isn't half as good a villain as Apocalypse but he came across much better and actually looked exactly like he's supposed to.

I'm beginning to tire of the X-Men franchise all round. With so many superhero movies coming out now we don't have to accept these shitty movies anymore.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
This movie was bad. So bad as a life long x-men fan i said meh, i will watch the rest tomorrow....

HUH_sl

shitlord
They don't get 100% of the box office, they get half of the domestic and 20% of international. So far, it looks like Fox is taking a bath on this one.
They don't get 100% of the box office but they also don't actually spent what the reported budget is. The movie will be profitable but not nearly as profitable as they would want. Only one Xmen movie made more than 500 million dollars and this movie had a smaller budget than Days of Future Past. They knew what they were doing and were probably predicting a ~500 million dollar take on the low end.

Chances are they will reboot anyway so they can hire cheaper actors and get the stank that is Bryan Singer off the franchise. Maybe after the success of Deadpool they make a bunch of individual movies leading up to the X-Men. Spiderman Homecoming will probably make a zillion dollars so I wouldn't be surprised if we end up seeing all our favorite mutants in individual high school movies learning how to use their powers and leading them towards teaming up. Treat the Xmen movie as an event movie like Avengers instead of the only movie in your franchise.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
They don't get 100% of the box office, they get half of the domestic and 20% of international. So far, it looks like Fox is taking a bath on this one.
Why do you think I said it was probably close to break even on a $300 million investment with a $400 million box office? I know they don't get the full box office and unless you know the deals they have worked with specific theater chains then you don't know what percentage they get either. It's not some flat rate for everyone, it's negotiated on a movie by movie basis and it definitely skews upwards for the more attractive franchises. Lucas got 100% of the box office for the early weeks when he released the prequels. But X-Men is no Star Wars.

And the percentage changes over the length of an individual movie's run with the theaters keeping a bigger cut the longer they show it. When a film's theatrical run is over the studio may end up keeping say 55-60% of the box office total, but they got most of their cut in the opening weeks when they were pocketing 70% or more of the ticket price.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Honestly i can't see how you are all so disappointed. It was fine, not as good as the last two, but still pretty good. Its the source material. Since we are so used to super hero movies we think they can translate anything to the silver screen.Its a story about a ten thousand year old mutant who wants to take over the world. Not every Xmen story was meant to be made into a movie. I liked it better then Age of Ultron. The ending was pretty bad but the story leading up to it was entertaining and i still loved the characters. Yes i have read all the comics before the 2000's, i am pretty happy with the movies.

Turning these epic stories into movies is a difficult task, i think they should stick to simpler story arcs. Also that 90's cartoon was overrated, the best part was the opening theme.
When you try to put that much into a 2 hour movie its bound to be disjointed and missing some character development. I chose to view it as cleverly written to fit so much into two hours of screentime.

I give it an 8 out of 10. Love Magneto, Charles and Scott. Jean and the rest were Ok. Psylocke was pretty bad and Apocalypse looked stupid but hey i ALWAYS thought he looked terrible. I still have a first print of XFACTOR and pulled it out to remind myself. I laugh at people criticizing his voice. So if it doesn't sound like the cartoon its bad? Oscar was fine in the role. Maybe they should get Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill to dub every super hero movie after its filmed. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, i just think most of you are being overly harsh.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
This movie was superbad.

3/10, and I cant give any real basis for the 3.

Neverbuy~

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The movie was utterly forgettable and all the actors were bad except magneto and X. Everything was just mediocre.

3/10 sounds good.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So this movie will make what they hoped deadpool would make while deadpool made what they hoped this movie would have made.

So not a complete disaster for Sony until that is until new ghostbusters releases.

Devlin

Golden Squire
So this movie will make what they hoped deadpool would make while deadpool made what they hoped this movie would have made.

So not a complete disaster for Sony until that is until new ghostbusters releases.
I'm sure Sony don't give two fucks about the Fox made X-Men movie.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Did Apoc even have to boost Magneto's power? Seems like he just showed him how to use it fully.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Maybe it's because I don't think X-Men is super srsbsns (and you guys set my expectations super low), but I didn't feel like this wasthatbad. Yeah, there were some groan inducing scenes and weird editing/cinematography choices, especially in the final combat sequence, but I don't feel like I just wasted 2 hours of my life watching it.

I don't know why, but lately it seems like anything that isn't exceptional is panned as unwatchable garbage - not only by you guys, but by critics and journalists as well. I have a hard time understanding this philosophy. Is it because you're so highly principled that you won't tolerate anything less than 10/10? Is everyone becoming miserable cunts in their old age? Is it really that much easier to dogpile on mediocrity and proclaim it shit than to relax and accidentally be entertained?

Apologies if you guys have discussed this already. I skipped to the last page after I noticed the pattern of one guy saying, "Movie was ok," followed by several posts from guys who were personally offended that anyone would find something they deemed unwatchable as being enjoyable.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I always tend to root for the villain in these kind of blockbusters. They are motivated, want to wreck shit and dont emo around. Orcs in The Hobbit were great aswell. Lets go to war! YAY.

Movie was bad, but I was tired and brain was off, so I enjoyed it for what it was.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I just felt like all the mutants were whiny useless teenagers and beast seemed like a wise and smart 22 yr old.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is everyone becoming miserable cunts in their old age? Is it really that much easier to dogpile on mediocrity and proclaim it shit than to relax and accidentally be entertained?
The overwhelming majority of us enjoyed Deadpool and Captain America 3 and said it. This movie was not that good. It also wasn't horrible, in my opinion. It was somewhere in the middle of BvS and Cap 3, quality wise.