X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They picked the wrong time to do this, if ever, especially with this cast.

I'm sorry but I don't want to watch Saved by the Bell: Dark Phoenix. I can't enjoy the struggles of a group of kids who look like they are 16 years old.

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
i hope the ending is them all fading from a snap, this trailer looks terrible. they totally don't get why the MU movies succeed. they use the comic story foundation, but develop the story for the screen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Sinister would be a good bridge between Deadpool and MCU X-Men.

lol:

View attachment 177160

Charlie's breakdowns are good, even when I don't like what he's breaking down.

I dont understand why this guy keeps saying "grounded" like its a positive thing. The source material is about an extraterrestrial cosmic entity infecting a powerful psychic. "Grounded" is not the target here.

I cant put my finger on it but every single blue character looks terrible. Its like they picked a new and terrible shade of blue for their makeup. Compare these to e.g. nightcrawler in X2.

The new vests look ridiculous.

But number 1, by far, has to be the shots of Magneto's crew in plain clothes which for some reason are all skinny jeans. This skinny jean thing just doesnt work on ostensibly straight males let alone straight males who are supposed to be superheroes. Its like "Oh look this nice young group of prancing little twinks all developed super power, how cute!" gaaayyyyyyyy

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
But number 1, by far, has to be the shots of Magneto's crew in plain clothes which for some reason are all skinny jeans. This skinny jean thing just doesnt work on ostensibly straight males let alone straight males who are supposed to be superheroes. Its like "Oh look this nice young group of prancing little twinks all developed super power, how cute!" gaaayyyyyyyy

All other complaints have been valid but this is your number #1 complaint? Seriously? That's been in style for dudes for like a decade now. What do you want them wearing? JNCOs?

All straight dudes that want to attract ladies and look good wear that style.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
All other complaints have been valid but this is your number #1 complaint? Seriously? That's been in style for dudes for like a decade now. What do you want them wearing? JNCOs?

god, even if you're married, your wife won't let you wear dad jeans.

muh balls!

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

Skinny jeans look as masculine as a color coordinated leotard, tights, and legwarmers ensemble.
I trust I dont have to explain to you what regular mens jeans look like.

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Fair enough. Better to get some money then zero lol. It can't be worse then the last fantastic 4 movie right? Haha

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
This is last of the X-Men movies in this vein. I am pretty sure Marvel/Disney is rebooting the franchise

Nope.

Fox Is Pushing Ahead With X-Men Films Amid Disney Deal | CBR

"Veteran franchise producer Simon Kinberg, who also wrote and directed Dark Phoenix, confirmed Fox is moving ahead on such X-Men spinoffs as the previously announced X-Force, Multiple Man and Gambit, the latter of which has experienced a long, troubled development."

• 1Like

Braen

<Medals Crew>
X-Men spinoffs maybe. The X-Men proper are under MCU and I bet Disney and Marvel will have a guiding hand on anything "Fox" wants to do

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Skinny jeans look as masculine as a color coordinated leotard, tights, and legwarmers ensemble.
I trust I dont have to explain to you what regular mens jeans look like.

He means its in style with the soy chugging metrosexuals in the bay area. Having lived there they don't understand they don't represent the country.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

whats wrong with this look?

1538248756601.png

• 2Worf
  • 2Barf
Reactions: 3 users