X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2019)

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The latest X-men movies are an expose on how you can cast amazing actors and direct them exceptionally poorly with such a shit script and story. Fassbender is utterly wasted, abilities are used in an awkward, inconsistent manner that really feels like they're trying to save on budget. Meanwhile, Logan, one of the best movies of the decade, has very little CGI, incredible storytelling (save cloned Wolverine), acting, action, drama. X-men really deserves to be an adult, R rated franchise. They've gone through things twice now, and can't seem to get it right when their story should be exceptionally easy to tell without adding stupid ideas that try unsuccessfully to differentiate it from the original comic versions.

The fear of making R rated films has also killed the action genre...
But things won't get better with Disney imo, especially the R rated part.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
In the hands of Disney I can accept PG-13. If a deal never goes through with Fox, Fox should take a clue from Deadpool as a means of differentiating themselves from Marvel Studios and go all in on R.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
slightly offtopic but whatever happened to that horror style movie that was xmen related? was it so bad they had to refilm the entire thing?

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
slightly offtopic but whatever happened to that horror style movie that was xmen related? was it so bad they had to refilm the entire thing?
Sounds like New Mutants, which was pushed to Feb of 2019 (last post in that thread has some info).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob

the director of that movie wanted to do horror, fox wanted to do normie, after It! did so well fox went back to the director and said "you were right, refilm your movie we'll wait" so hopefully it works out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jait

Molten Core Raider
the director of that movie wanted to do horror, fox wanted to do normie, after It! did so well fox went back to the director and said "you were right, refilm your movie we'll wait" so hopefully it works out.

It also hurt that Dp2 half-ruined their movie by doing the sequel to NM :/. That’s the facility in question. And Domino should be a main character. So....we will see.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
At a quick glance i didn't see Domino listed on the imbd page. I have bad feelings about that movie...as well as phoenix. coincidentally each one has one of the Starks in it.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
It also hurt that Dp2 half-ruined their movie by doing the sequel to NM :/. That’s the facility in question. And Domino should be a main character. So....we will see.
Deadpool2 Domino?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's like a really long post by a forum autist: hit the button and then start to proofread after. In movie form that's reshoots.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

This movie should end with Phoenix just blowing up the whole universe and show everyone fading away like in the Thanos snap.

Oh, trailer is super meh. Sucks that Marvel will probably stay away from this storyline now, because it could be awesome with a full MCU backed story complete with the Shi'ar and Starjammers.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's not out until February, maybe future trailers will be more interesting. This one didn't meet or exceed even low expectations.