X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It must suck getting cast for a role you know is going to bomb hard. Cast Christina Hendricks as jean grey so we can at least enjoy some tiddy during an inevitable shitty movie

A casualty of the MeToo era. She's far too chesty to be given a leading lady part of any heroic significance.

Really strong girl though, I'm sure shes been suggested to reduce them more than once.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I honestly thought given Apocalypse there was no way this could get off the ground and become anything worth watching. The people behind this stem of movies are obviously completely out of touch. Anyone who can conduct a simple google search would know how far off they were with Apocalypse. They need to just put these movies in bargain bins and lets forget them. so Feige can do his thing.

It's a shame because there has been non-MCU movies i've really enjoyed and it just seems that with the characters and story you have to work with, it should be incredibly simple to make something at least "ok".

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
that's the whole problem. marvel wants to bring characters that have been around for decades to a new audience. fox wants to use pre-made characters as a vehicle to tell new stories.

in and of itself there's nothing necessarily wrong with either. it's like a music artist covering someone else's song. you get country stars that literally just take the song and copy it as much as they can and then you have fricken alien ant farm covering smooth criminal.

the problem isn't that aspects are being changed. it's that the people who are changing them are bad.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll go on record saying there's no possible way this is worse than Apocalypse, mostly because Apocalypse is bad in ways that could only be surpassed if you set out to intentionally make a worse movie. Writing so bad that even Fassbender can't carry a scene, rehashing an iconic scene from DoFP that only demonstrates that you don't understand what made it so good in the first place, a terrible look for the main antagonist, terrible supporting villains, just awful.

The main problem facing Dark Phoenix is that it either revolves heavily around Sophie Turner, who is still largely unproven as an actress (I don't think she's had the opportunity to prove she sucks like Emilia Clarke has, at the very least she's spent years portraying Sansa very accurately), but you know they will crowd out her screen time with the bigger names in which case why the fuck is it even called Dark Phoenix. And apparently on top of the fact that they have McAvoy, Fassbender, and Lawrence all fighting with the titular character for screen time, they also have Jessica Chastain playing a Shi'ar character.

The two things I'm confident about are that if Dark Phoenix is awful it still won't be worse than Apocalypse and it won't be Sophie Turner's fault.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I honestly thought given Apocalypse there was no way this could get off the ground and become anything worth watching. The people behind this stem of movies are obviously completely out of touch. Anyone who can conduct a simple google search would know how far off they were with Apocalypse. They need to just put these movies in bargain bins and lets forget them. so Feige can do his thing.

It's a shame because there has been non-MCU movies i've really enjoyed and it just seems that with the characters and story you have to work with, it should be incredibly simple to make something at least "ok".
I thought the First Class movie was pretty good, but I’ll grant you that it was contrasted with X3 and the Wolverine origins movie so my expectations were pretty low...

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
qsl3miumupc21.jpg

fassbender looks like a guy in prison about to suck a dick

• 2Worf
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I am so impressed by how relatable this cast is to my own community. It's like my friends are in the fucking movie!!!

1548491266242.png

Holy shit I can't wait to see all my friends and local billybob jo annes represented in a big screen super hero movie. This is so sickkk

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
looks like they all got their asses beat, Storm almost got choked to death, and Beast is pushing Magneto in a wheelchair for some reason.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
who's the chick with the purple shaved head and the dude in the back with the dreads/cornrows?

• 1Like