X-Men: Days of Future Past.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
It isn't really fair to compare X1 & X2 to current movies either. Sure, compare it to Spiderman 2 or even Dark Knight, but comparing it to DOFP, Avengers, etc. is being unfair. They were very good (if not great) for the time they came out. Sure, they could have been even better, but compared to almost everything else we'd had for the past decade of similar background (I wouldn't include a movie like Blade here, even though I loved it, as it wasn't really so much a superhero movie), they were both damn good. I've watched them both a couple of times since, and while they aren't my favorite movies ever, I'm not sorry I watched them either.

Ten to twenty years from now they might have movies that just blow something like Avengers out of the water...but that isn't going to mean that suddenly Avengers is a bad movie. It's great right now, when it is fairly current, just like X1 & X2 were when they were current. Or at least very good.
X2 was good, but X1 is pretty shitty in retrospect.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
watchmen worldwide gross - $185M
transformers 4 worldwide gross after 2 weeks - $600M

another nerd slayed

Agraza

Registered Hutt
X1 and X2 sucked. They sucked then and suck now. They shat on the whole structure of the x-men team dynamics. They were almost Batman and Robin levels of bad. First Class > Wolverine (2013) = Days of Future Past > ...............................all the others

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
the Watchmen is one of the worst movies ever created. anyone who doesn't agree admits that they love big blue cock in their face.
Considering he could turn his big blue cook into the perfect blue vaginal, I'll take that. The watchmen was awesome. Having never read the source material, I otherwise can't think of any flaw with it.

PosterOfStuff_sl

shitlord
Considering he could turn his big blue cook into the perfect blue vaginal, I'll take that. The watchmen was awesome. Having never read the source material, I otherwise can't think of any flaw with it.
I think that is one of the keys to who likes and does not like certain movies, I never read any X-Men material or the Watchmen series before seeing the movies, and enjoyed both.

I did read the Watchmen after the movie though, but I also keep an open mind about retelling stories in different mediums.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I loved the Watchmen also, was shocked to hear that people didn't like it afterwards. I only saw the director's cut though, maybe the normal version was worse?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i got reminded of exiles in the comic thread, i do have to say they more than upped the awesome scenes with blink!, it was a nice way to put her powers on the screen. the rest of the future mutants sucked of course.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Who here has actually watched Spiderman 1 and 2 recently? Spiderman 3 killed that franchise and I expect if I tried to watch 1 and 2, they would appear very dated.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Who here has actually watched Spiderman 1 and 2 recently? Spiderman 3 killed that franchise and I expect if I tried to watch 1 and 2, they would appear very dated.
I caught Spider-Man 2 on like Spike, about a week before Amazing 2 came out and OMG was it dated and hard to watch.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
X1 and X2 sucked. They sucked then and suck now. They shat on the whole structure of the x-men team dynamics. They were almost Batman and Robin levels of bad. First Class > Wolverine (2013) = Days of Future Past > ...............................all the others
uh?!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's not that hard to understand, every now and then a subject matter comes up where one of these special people grabs a giant red flag and starts waving it around. It's useful so you can judge exactly how much weight their opinion has in reality.

Xevy

Log Wizard
X1 was mediocre. When it came out it was like "neat they made a live X-Men! Hope the next one is actually good!" And it was. X2 wasn't Dark Knight levels of awesome, but when Wolverine fucking murders the dudes breaching the Xavier school it was great and people saw a real fucking Wolverine.

First Class was slightly better than X1, maybe on par with X2, DOFP was slightly better than that, but still the best of the bunch so far. In terms of X-Men awesome scenes I think it goes : Nightcrawler > Quicksilver > Nazi Hunter Magneto > DOFP Sentinel fights.

Quicksilver was more goofy than awesome, not saying it wasn't a great scene, but it wasn't ass-kicking as much as it was trolling humans.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Alfred Molina's acting easily crushed anything done in X1 or X2. The train fight was as good as anything in either movie, aside from the Nightcrawler scene. But X2 also had the WTF Jean suicide scene at the end and the lame ass mind control fight between Scott and Jean. X2 started strong and ended weak as a movie, which is the primary difference between it and SM2 or either of 2 newer Xmen movies. The reason the FC and DOFP movies are so much better has to do (I believe) with a combination of better acting and total focus on the better characters (and actors). No one gives a shit about Psyclops or Iceman, but they filled out those first three movies with both of those guys, among other characters that were weakly acted (Storm) or poorly acted (Rogue).

Agraza

Registered Hutt
It's not like I can't respect the change in medium. Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, etc. are done reasonably well. I Am Legend and X1 through X3 were done absurdly wrong.

A big part of that was giving Wolverine so much screen time. They cast and scripted the trilogy very poorly. It'd be like making Han Solo the main character in Star Wars. They then made him a central figure in 3 of the 4 spinoffs and had him cameo in the 4th. They've got a hard-on for Hugh Jackman, and he's a great actor, but it isn't to the benefit of the X-men franchise.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's not like I can't respect the change in medium. Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, etc. are done reasonably well. I Am Legend and X1 through X3 were done absurdly wrong.

A big part of that was giving Wolverine so much screen time. They cast and scripted the trilogy very poorly. It'd be like making Han Solo the main character in Star Wars. They then made him a central figure in 3 of the 4 spinoffs and had him cameo in the 4th. They've got a hard-on for Hugh Jackman, and he's a great actor, but it isn't to the benefit of the X-men franchise.
That's because everyone thinks Wolverine is the money making part of the X-Men franchise so all of the X movies are more Wolverine movies with X-Men cameos. It's sad because the X-Men are much more than just Wolverine. The main reason they became as popular as they did back in the early 80's was because of Claremont and Byrne and how they wrote there interpersonal relationships and the fact we actually cared for these characters.