X-Men: Days of Future Past.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Turning water into ice is 1 thing, freezing an entire dam's water supply as it rushes at high speed is another.
I hated that scene. How about lift yourself and the ship out of harm's way? I think that'd be easier than trying to block millions of tons of water.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jean Grey's abilities have always been a plot device, and are as strong/weak as needed to make a particular scene happen. She's like Dr. Strange in that respect, where if they make a film version his powers will not be identical to the comic book versions, where his power fluctuates depending on plot needs. If Jean Grey was as powerful as she is sometimes depicted in the comic books, in the movies? She could have stopped Magneto and all of his mutants by herself without breaking a sweat. But that makes for a boring film. I get that they were showing the limitations of the character, and wanted to blast off a Phoenix nutshot. But it really was just another Hollywood reason why a scene had to happen.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Cyclops also never won a single fight in any of the movies. He literally got his ass kicked every single time. Wasn't he supposed to be a badass in the comics?
He is a bad ass. And on top of that, he has crazy sperm. Every kid he has with Jean is almost a omega level bad ass.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
He is a bad ass. And on top of that, he has crazy sperm. Every kid he has with Jean is almost a omega level bad ass.
actually i'd say that his x-sperm is recessive and the only reasons the summers kids (rachel,cable) are near omega level is b/c of the grey genes, since they both have some sort of inherited tk/tp and eye glowing stuff, and nothing of cyclops.

when he does have a kid with emma, her name is ruby summers and she has optic blasts and can change into a ruby form (like emma).

i'd just say the grey x-genes are super dominant. aren't many of them alive tho, shi'ar death killed every grey except rachel, then cable is back and now time displaced jean grey.

Lusiphur

Peasant
Whedon managed to make Cyclops interesting too when he did the X-Men. Quite a feat because the guy is so beta it makes you roll your eyes.

Metabaron_sl

shitlord
Havent seen Days of future past. Im afraid that the movie is going to make me hate of my favorite comic storylines. Lets hope Age of apocalypse will make it to the big screen, WITH a screen play that follows the comics panel by panel!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Movie compared to comics, its alrite. Characters are there just to be like, oh yea im fast and oh yea i do fire and ellen paige is a good enuff actress to maybe carry the movie. But it works for this 15 years of xmen, blink was surprisingly done well

spronk

FPS noob
if patrick stewart and ian mckellan and j-law and tyrion lannister and michael fassbender and james mcavoy are in your movie, you'd have to be a hugely shitty writer and director for them not to elevate it quite a bit

isn't age of apocalypse the next x-men with the younger cast? Kind of makes me sad that we will probably not see captain picard and gandalf reprise their x-men roles again
frown.png

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
At this point all I really want from the next X-men movie is for Colossus to finally be done right. I think that might be a pipe dream though. He was "better" in DoFP but nowhere near what I need to see.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I agree but not just with Colossus. All of them need to step it up a notch. Iceman better do more than use his ice slide move in AoA.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
At this point all I really want from the next X-men movie is for Colossus to finally be done right. I think that might be a pipe dream though. He was "better" in DoFP but nowhere near what I need to see.
Gambit!

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I agree but not just with Colossus. All of them need to step it up a notch. Iceman better do more than use his ice slide move in AoA.
I'm not sure how many times i've spoken to this but to beat the dead horse a bit more, Iceman is extremely powerful. In X-mean one he is immature and that is somewhat noted early on in the comic series but he's not a push over and he's not a junior high boy going through his first crush.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
They seem to be using the early X-Men version of Ice Man as far as his power level goes, not the "oh shit we realized how strong removing heat is" version that popped up more recently.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm not sure how many times i've spoken to this but to beat the dead horse a bit more, Iceman is extremely powerful. In X-mean one he is immature and that is somewhat noted early on in the comic series but he's not a push over and he's not a junior high boy going through his first crush.
Iceman has spent FAR FAR FAR more time in publication shown as a mediocre power than what you currently see. And this has happened to a few mutants over time. People just made characters with whatever powers sounded cool, and 30-40 years later writers are coming in with more than elementary science knowledge and going "hey wait, do you realize what having this power REALLY will let you do?" You seriously have to allow for that.