X-Men: Days of Future Past.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not with you on that one. He looks just like the Gambit they run in the books currently.

There is no one on earth that would be able to play the 1990's Gambit. That character only works in Comics, and animation.

You ever watched that fanmade Nightwing vs Gambit, he looks absolutely ridiculous with that 90's costume.
The costume in the film was fine - I mean, put a trench coat on and I'm happy. I just want someone... I dunno older looking and smarter? I can't put my finger on it, but there are very few of the mutants on the screen I've been happy with. And yes, I am basing my expectations on the comics of the 90's, because every time I see images since then, I'm far less than impressed. Even outside of Lee, Portacio, Peterson, and Silvestri, you still had guys like Stroman and the Kuberts who all kept a very similar (and very good) style. Characters looked the same from issues to issue, X-book to X-book.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
currently josh holloway(sawyer) is in the tv show intelligence, where he is a super delta force soldier with a super computer chip in his brain, making him the ultimate man-computer fighting guy.

he really really really sucks at action, he moves like a white guy doing karate, so no he would make a bad gambit, unless he just stood there, talked and died.

plus he doesn't look like sawyer without his 5 oclock shadow, and kinda weird. (since gambit is traditionally clean shaven)

i heard they now decided to "cut" or take out most talking scenes of anna paquin (rogue). wasn't she one of the xmen stars ppl liked?

i mean the xmen series is really really bad and they're just throwing as many characters in this movie as possible.
(i can respect a few portrayals, i mean no one can fault patrick stewart, and once you read about how hugh jackman, actually likes and reads the source material for wolverine, not to mention when a "x" movie comes out he's always on the cover of men's health cuz he gets super yolked for the role)

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
First pic of the siblings

rrr_img_58591.jpg
It's interesting they were able to CGI 1980s Johnny Depp into the movie as QS. Bold move.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
You're biased because he's not Blob-like, it's ok. Blob got screen time too!
I'm biased because I grew up reading the John Byrne/Chris Claremont X-Men not the fanboi stuff from the 90's. Not into Gambit or Psychlocke as well as Rogue and the 90's and beyond Wolverine.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
LOL Xavier is flying in his wheel chair. who is the doucherag in white on the villains side, the guy in the foreground.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I never would have recognized Avalanche either because he's supposed to have a god damn helmet! Damn kids need to get off my lawn!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I never would have recognized Avalanche either because he's supposed to have a god damn helmet! Damn kids need to get off my lawn!
Actually I think he usually wore his helmet in the cartoon, he just isn't wearing it for the intro splash.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Funny part is they did that a few times in the cartoon, someone (probably Wolverine?) would get his helmet off, and she'd be like PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW.

Or maybe even with the helmet on. I do remember her pewing his face though.