X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Back in 2004 there was a comic released called Common Grounds. The first issue had a story about a writer interviewing a speedster hero. The hero goes over what it's like to be a speedster. He goes over a lot of the things that are brought up like metabolism, attention span, and problems with his sex life due to friction.

scans_daily | Common Grounds - Post 1

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The speedster in Next Men gained massive calves and wrecked clothes the first time he used his power. It just all depends upon how the writer chooses to handle it /shrug

Xevy

Log Wizard
Someone on Reddit put together a timeline that tries to explain many of the plot inconsistencies between the X-Men movies. Well worth a read if you are interested in the storyline and not a giant faggot like some in this thread.

X-Men Movie Timeline (Earth-10005, pre-DOFP ending) - Imgur
Read all that, thought "hm, seems right."

Then I read the part about Cable and Deadpool at the end and forgot everything else because FUCK YEAH

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Saw this today. Magneto, Blink, and Quicksilver was great for sure but I couldn't help but feel the movie as a whole could have been better. It was a solid 7 for me. Good and definitely enjoyable but it could have been great.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Weak Points:
-All the future action stuff is rendered pointless since the timeline resets, which kills any tension these scenes may have. This is the biggest problem with the movie, as once they send Wolverine back, there's basically no point showing anything happening here.
I've seen this posted a couple of times before and I must point out that you all completely missed the parts where they very thoroughly explained and demonstrated that the events in the present/past were happening together in REAL TIME as Kitty maintained the link between Wolverine's future and past self. Therefore, if they all died before Wolverine is able to convince everyone to get their shit together, they are fucked. Sending him back for a few minutes does nothing - when the link was broken he lost all memory of what was going on. Bad acid, remember? All he'd managed to do for most of the movie was make shit worse.

tl;dr: It wasn't time travel, it was a bridge.

That said...

Technically, yes, the future would have poofed at the point where Magneto hilariously whips Wolverine's ass for like, the 11th time because his role was over and the link was no longer affecting anything at all. (For a moment there we were thinking "Wolverine isn't made of metal, he can finally take out... oh. Lol, nevermind")

It'd have been better if the last future scene of everyone dying happened right when Wolverine was getting rebarred (nice reverse comic reference), because that's the last point where his contribution mattered and from then on the future was up to Charles etc.

Anyway, without the future scenes we wouldn't have gotten Colossus doing a fucking portal gun jump, aka the greatest nerd fan service moment in movie history.

What I love about these movies is how they all seem try to outdo themselves with a holy-shit Magneto scene. The guy just doesn't do subtle.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
When I saw Colossus do the accelerated portal jump, I literally squealed for joy to my partner (who btw, had absolutely no idea what was going on).

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I kinda thought the portal dive bomb should have had more impact. It was like a 500ft drop and when he connects it just looked like it hit one of sentinels back a few feet. Why does the movie universe hate colossus so much? They hate him so much that they bring him into the movies just to be worthless...

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All of the mutants seemed pretty worthless against those sentinels. Even Magneto.

Tramddark_sl

shitlord
Mutants are universally pretty useless against sentinels in the future in all comics. Basically the Sentinel design evolves to be so advanced that there's not a single mutant which is OP against them. They become resistant to almost all powers. See Nimrod in particular, if you're a mutant facing Nimrod without a full team behind you you are just fucked.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
All of the mutants seemed pretty worthless against those sentinels. Even Magneto.
That's the point. They are Mutant-Bane. Their entire design is to be able to adapt and destroy mutants. Storm and Magneto teamed up to destroy the core of their ship to wipe out quite a few, but the advanced types like Nimrod/MM are completely adaptive and immune to primary mutant powers. Only secondary effects (like explosions) can hurt them, and again both Nimrod and Master Mold types (which the movie seemed to be using) can regenerate.

edit: Missed Tramddarks post. What he said.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
jubilee_by_glebthezombie-d5msjsl.jpg

?

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just saw this and every action scene was just great.
It was compulsory to make noises at some of the scenes.
Their use of Link was badass. They reviewed what was good about X-Men II (Nightcrawler's White house scene) and used it to good effect.
Quicksilver's "rain" scene was great too.

Yet between action scenes I felt myself getting bored and tired - yet I was interested the whole time. This hints of pacing issues.

Wolverine was stacked.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
It was worth the price of admission to see them retcon X-3 out of existence.