Xbox Megathread

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Xbox x dropped on amazon. Grabbed 3 to scalp. I can get $800 a pop if I hustle. Ps5 is way better. #scalpersgonnascalp

• 2Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Can we ban Foler from games forum, his whole shtick of "HUR DUR IM A RESELLER MAKING BIG BUCKS" is funny because all of us know its fake but him shit posting every 2 hours is clogging the forum up since most of us rarely post more than 1-2 times a day

i should run for mod, my only action would be that i'd ban Foler every chance i get

• 8Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 8 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
No, you can't. You can, however, ignore him.

Seriously. Ignore him. If he loses his audience, he'll go away and this place will be better. Yay for ignore.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
its in the NPD numbers somewhere

stock on everything is low, but its definitely been easier getting a series X than a PS5. They also have way lower resell values, PS5 regularly goes for $900-1100 on most offerups, while X struggles at $700-800.

but yeah i'd mostly chalk it up to low inventory across the board, PS5 has restocked at multiple retailers (and sold out almost instantly) multiple times in the past 2 weeks, while X has been way less frequent but the windows have lasted a little longer at microsoftstore.com, target, and costco.

spronk

FPS noob
for example 10 mins later the series S is still in stock at antonline, it'll go OOS in a few mins but PS5s are much quicker. a PS5 was in stock today morning (~3am EST) on amazon but went OOS in under 1 min

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
for example 10 mins later the series S is still in stock at antonline, it'll go OOS in a few mins but PS5s are much quicker. a PS5 was in stock today morning (~3am EST) on amazon but went OOS in under 1 min

Well series S is just a retarded concept. Hopefully that piece of shit isn’t dragging down development when devs are forced to make their game work on that a few years from now.

Happysmiles

Trakanon Raider
I went with Xbox because of GamePass primarily. Seemed like a good deal to play some last-gen games that I might enjoy, but didn't want to buy (e.g., Battlefield 5, Battlefront 2, new Madden, etc.). And new games that would come out, even if it isn't day one release. Just like a blu-ray and Netflix--stuff that might interest me but not worth the expense and time of ownership for something I haven't tried. If I enjoy it and can't finish before it leaves, I can buy it knowing what I'm in for. Plus access on the PC for RTS or games best with keyboard/mouse.

I had PS3 and PS4. PS5 sounded fine, but also more of the same that I've had.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I went with Xbox because of GamePass primarily. Seemed like a good deal to play some last-gen games that I might enjoy, but didn't want to buy (e.g., Battlefield 5, Battlefront 2, new Madden, etc.). And new games that would come out, even if it isn't day one release. Just like a blu-ray and Netflix--stuff that might interest me but not worth the expense and time of ownership for something I haven't tried. If I enjoy it and can't finish before it leaves, I can buy it knowing what I'm in for. Plus access on the PC for RTS or games best with keyboard/mouse.

I had PS3 and PS4. PS5 sounded fine, but also more of the same that I've had.
Exact same thoughts for myself. The only thing making me want a ps5 is that I have a lot of ps4 games I’ve never finished or played and it’d be nice to play those on the upgraded system along with next gen updates for some of them.

End up with both in the end probably.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Uh, no. PlayStation went from PS1->PS2->PS3->PS4->PS4 Pro->PS5, with PS5 having a digital and a disc version (excluding slim versions because they are 1:1 with the normal version).

xbox had Xbox->Xbox 360->Xbox One->Xbox One X->Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S. It is so needlessly convoluted, and the latest releases are the biggest offenders (Series S is digital only, but it’s not a digital version of Series X). Of course people here know the difference, but there’s nothing intuitive about the progression unlike PlayStation.

Even reading their website I thought the Series X was just an upgrade previous gen Xbox and I still don’t see how it relates to the series x. Retarded to release two different versions of the newest gen console

Crone

Even reading their website I thought the Series X was just an upgrade previous gen Xbox and I still don’t see how it relates to the series x. Retarded to release two different versions of the newest gen console
Series S I think you meant? It's the digital version, just like Ps5 has an all digital version.

spronk

FPS noob
Might be sarcasm since it’s hard to tell, but series S is not a digital version of series X

Xbox One X - last gen, disc drive, ~6 tflops GPU but slow Jaguar CPU (OOS)
Xbox One S - last gen, disc drive, power wise equivalent to a launch xbox one. Jaguar CPU $299
Xbox One S All Digital (SAD) - last gen, NO disc drive, same as one s but no drive. $249 (OOS)
Xbox Series S - current gen, new Zen 2 CPU, SSD, no disc drive all digital but way faster than Xbox One gen. Faster than a Xbox One X. $299
Xbox Series X - current gen, top of the line, has disc drive, Zen 2, more GPU cores than Series S, SSD. $499

They no longer manufacture/sell the One X OR the One S digital (SAD) but they still make the One S and sell them everywhere. The Series S is supposed to replace it but its still short on manufacturing. In a few months the only thing you will see on stores in Series S ($299) and Series X ($499).

yeah the whole thing is super fucking retarded on naming and par for the course for Microsoft

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

Star Wars Squadrons, Battlefront 2 + DLC, and Jedi Fallen Order complete for $40. not bad at all. Jedi Fallen Order is on gamepass, Star Wars Squadron is not, not sure about BF2. All 3 are great games to play.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Stupid question, does the Series x do 1440p automatically? Or will it drop down to 1080p if it can't do 4k?

Going away for xmas, and taking my xbox but will only have access to 1440p monitor, not a 4k.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah xbox X supports 1440p native, while PS5 currently does not. On xbox, you may need to go into settings, TV/video, video fidelity, and set override to hdmi

if it doesn't auto detect 1440p. Most games probably won't native render in 1440p but you should be able to even do 1440p 120hz if the monitor supports it.

• 1Like

Vorph

I believe you just uncheck Allow 4K and it will automatically output 1440p. I was looking into buying a 1440p panel around the time I got my Series X, but from what I saw the 120Hz support is extremely hit or miss.