Xbox Megathread

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Don't see how anyone could think Xbox's naming strategy is anything other than completely retarded.

Sony's is pretty straightforward

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Okay so I failed getting a PS5 and decided to go with an XSeX. It's still installing stuff but it is noticeably sharper and faster than the One X, also damn near silent.

Avengers was the first game that finished downloading and damn... They really should have waited for PS5/XSeX. The game is smooth and the overall frame rate & lighting is very very nice.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
We looked around and the issue seems to be almost entirely exclusive to TCL TVs (fucking China) and not the Xbox itself. That’s also the only issue we’ve seen so far, so it seems pretty solid.
Make sure your tv is updated. They might have patched your hdmi if its capable of newer versions and it has older firmware.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Make sure your tv is updated. They might have patched your hdmi if its capable of newer versions and it has older firmware.

We have ours on auto-update and have checked it manually just in case, but it says we're on the newest version. Guess we just have to wait it out.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
We have ours on auto-update and have checked it manually just in case, but it says we're on the newest version. Guess we just have to wait it out.
That really sucks. Do you have a home theater? Maybe try passing it through that instead of directly?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Have a TCL as well as the same issue. Turned Auto-HDR off and it seems to have fixed it.

Supposedly something about it forcing HDR on things that aren't HDR which is why you don't get it while playing games but while in the menu and streaming video

Last edited:

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
That really sucks. Do you have a home theater? Maybe try passing it through that instead of directly?

Nah, we live in an apartment, so nothing fancy/no receiver or anything.
Have a TCL as well as the same issue. Turned Auto-HDR off and it seems to have fixed it.

Supposedly something about it forcing HDR on things that aren't HDR which is why you don't get it while playing games but while jn the menu and streaming video

I'll check to see if we've fiddled with this yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Only problem I've ever had with my TCL with Xbox is that the X1X's Dolby Vision is a half-assed console version that doesn't follow the spec and it would black screen if I tried to watch Netflix shows with it on. Not that there was any point in doing that when the built-in Roku app was better anyway.

What's the problem you're having with Series X and TCL?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Only problem I've ever had with my TCL with Xbox is that the X1X's Dolby Vision is a half-assed console version that doesn't follow the spec and it would black screen if I tried to watch Netflix shows with it on. Not that there was any point in doing that when the built-in Roku app was better anyway.

What's the problem you're having with Series X and TCL?

Flashes to black screen for about 1 second every 10 minutes or so while in the main UI or a streaming app.

Vorph

Flashes to black screen for about 1 second every 10 minutes or so while in the main UI or a streaming app.
I had that happen with my PS4 Pro when it was new, turned out to be a bad HDMI cable. Might be worth a shot if you haven't tried that yet.

Crone

Nah it's TCL TVs. Tried 3 different cables myself
Were they all high enough bandwidth to handle the content you were trying to display? Different medium, but I got a new UW PC display, and it'd cut out to black every little while until I replaced the DP cable with a 1.4 cable that could handle the load. If you just replaced the HDMI cable with the same bandwidth over and over again, then it wouldn't make a difference and they'd all act the same way.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Were they all high enough bandwidth to handle the content you were trying to display? Different medium, but I got a new UW PC display, and it'd cut out to black every little while until I replaced the DP cable with a 1.4 cable that could handle the load. If you just replaced the HDMI cable with the same bandwidth over and over again, then it wouldn't make a difference and they'd all act the same way.

Yes, common problem with TCL TVs and everyone has tried changing cables. Even though the original cable is the one included with the series X.

Also, it doesn't happen when actual 4k/HDR content is being displayed. Only happens in the main Xbox UI and streaming apps

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Got one when Costco put them up this morning, already got one on day before thanksgiving from Walmart for my brother, so I don’t even need it considering I have a PS5 already.

I think I have a problem, it’s actually fun for me to hunt for these things that are really hard to get. Trying to decide if I want to actually sell it for a profit or just sell it at cost to whatever friends I have local that actually want one.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Picked one up yesterday. Seems like they are getting far more available now

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Got one when Costco put them up this morning, already got one on day before thanksgiving from Walmart for my brother, so I don’t even need it considering I have a PS5 already.

I think I have a problem, it’s actually fun for me to hunt for these things that are really hard to get. Trying to decide if I want to actually sell it for a profit or just sell it at cost to whatever friends I have local that actually want one.

The thrill of the hunt is real. I told myself I wasn't going to get either and yet I still continued hunting... Now I have an Xbox Series X

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
What are some good game options to show case the series x?

Forza Horizon 4 (gamepass)
Dirt 5
Gears 5 (gamepass)
Destiny 2 (gamepass, new X patch today 60 or 120 fps, RTX)
Sea of Thieves (gamepass)
Yakuza 7, next gen patch exclusive on X until April 2021

• 1Like

Crone

Yep, it's a huge thrill. Bought 2 Xbox already, and I'm still fighting for 30 series video cards, and more consoles. It's amazing to get one!