Xbox Megathread

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Played like 5 hours of Demon Souls yesterday though, the PS5 is still far superior. The controller alone I honestly like more than the elite 2
Still feel exactly the opposite after 90+ hours of Yakuza 7 and about a dozen in Demon's Souls. Not a fan of the DualSense at all, and hate being forced to use it in games that aren't filled with its gimmicks. Even though I can't stand MS Lstick/Dpad layout, I prefer even the basic controller over the DS. Really sucks seeing as the only reason I bought a PS5 was to play Demon's Souls.

I've had minor problems with both consoles. DualSense was a pain in the ass to charge for a while, and still doesn't charge if I plug it into anything other than the console itself. Series X shutdown completely at random and made me re-pair the controller to it when I turned it back on. Only happened once though, and I wasn't even in a game at the time so not too worrying yet.

Crone

I've bought 2 XSX with intent to sell one of them for a little profit. Not looking for anything huge. With 3 kids and a wife, I think that Gamepass is going to get a lot of use in my household. Also, despite having an ok gaming PC, I more and more don't like the idea of holding myself up in the office to game. I wanna be in my recliner out in the living room playing on the big TV with the wife nearby. Call me lame or something, but yea. That's why I bought Cyberpunk 2077 for the XSX instead of PC.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I've bought 2 XSX with intent to sell one of them for a little profit. Not looking for anything huge. With 3 kids and a wife, I think that Gamepass is going to get a lot of use in my household. Also, despite having an ok gaming PC, I more and more don't like the idea of holding myself up in the office to game. I wanna be in my recliner out in the living room playing on the big TV with the wife nearby. Call me lame or something, but yea. That's why I bought Cyberpunk 2077 for the XSX instead of PC.
I was for some random reason thinking about this today, and feel that if I had kids I would probably do a lot more console gaming to involve said kids vs sitting on my PC. It seems logical

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
My kids love watching me play retarded games like bugsnax. The problem is I want to be playing Ghost of Tsushima

• 1Like

Crone

I was for some random reason thinking about this today, and feel that if I had kids I would probably do a lot more console gaming to involve said kids vs sitting on my PC. It seems logical
Of course I say I don't want to play on my PC lately because I have no games I'm super interested in on it right now. Ask me that a year ago when I was putting 100 hours a week into WoW, and I would have probably had a different story. I suppose it ebbs and flows, and right now I'd rather chill on the couch and play games.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
So I got 2 XSX's ( as well as 2 PS5's) that we are playing now, with the XSX's getting way more play right now, probably 200+ hours between the 2 consoles and exactly two weird reboots the two of them, one on each during AC Valhalla. /shrug. I think the hardware is better on the XSX, full stop. They just seem like better designed units. We have our first PS5 being played across both consoles ( I put in some time on Ghosts of Tsushima, My daughter played PS5 Spiderman: MM) we just got Immortals Fenyx Rising for PS5. That game was the first time on either console I have heard the fans spin up, wow. PS5 can get loud, with the caveat that both consoles are sitting on our desks, so they are within a couple feet of us; its noise that might not be so obvious if it was in a cabinet somewhere. The PS5 does indeed seem to have a more responsive UI but in-game it doesn't seem to matter much. 4k60 works well on both, and both seem to be great to play on, if not a little edge to the PS5. If I can ever find a 5600x and a 6800 XT I am going to build a New Rig in a NZXT H1 so my Console like desk is complete.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Of course I say I don't want to play on my PC lately because I have no games I'm super interested in on it right now. Ask me that a year ago when I was putting 100 hours a week into WoW, and I would have probably had a different story. I suppose it ebbs and flows, and right now I'd rather chill on the couch and play games.

Do the same thing. I'll go through phases where i just want to play consoles, then phases where i just want an MMO, then I'll also go months where i don't feel like playing any kind of games and rather eatch TV/movies

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
My kids love watching me play retarded games like bugsnax. The problem is I want to be playing Ghost of Tsushima
Gonna let your kids watch you play cyberpunk 2077 as you customize your cybertranny's 10 inch pierced cyber dong? Lol

• 1Worf

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
When are we getting ff7 remake on xbox? Legit only reason I'd ever buy a playstation.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Is XSX a new generation or just an upgrade to existing xbox? Like will it have games that cannot be played on the previous xbox?

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I play a lot of FPS games with my son on console, primarily because his friends are all on console, but also because it’s cheaper and I can actually hang with the console plebes better (you may remember how bad I was on PUBG PC running with some of you on occasion). Response time @ 50 sucks.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Is XSX a new generation or just an upgrade to existing xbox? Like will it have games that cannot be played on the previous xbox?
New generation, so yes they will be making games for this that will not run on XB1(X).

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

not for a while, i think microsoft themselves has said all their games will run on old consoles for at least 2 years. Sony is a bit more circumspect, Demon Souls is PS5 only but they haven't really said too much about whether the next God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc will also run on PS4.

re: FF7R, it was exclusive on PS4 until March 2021. It should be on xbox and PC after that. Well worth it, I platinum'd the game and its in my top 3 for 2020.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This is why their current marketing / branding strategy is an absolute fail. It should never occur to anyone that the new product is not actually a new product, but by blurring the lines with the Xbox One X name they have fuxored themselves.

There are complete non-gamers who know instantly that the PlayStation 5 is a new console.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Sold my second Xbox today for $650 on Offer Up. Not huge profits but absolutely acceptable. Bought it in Oregon so I didn’t pay tax on it either, so that helped.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
This is why their current marketing / branding strategy is an absolute fail. It should never occur to anyone that the new product is not actually a new product, but by blurring the lines with the Xbox One X name they have fuxored themselves.

There are complete non-gamers who know instantly that the PlayStation 5 is a new console.
It's not really a big deal, people will learn generations mean something different to the Xbox ecosystem over time. For the most part there will only be the current gen models on the shelves when they are available and the confusion is largely manufactured.

There's probably just as much confusion over whether the PS5 digital and disc editions are 'the same' which seems silly to anyone paying attention - just like the Xbox generations question(s).

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
There's probably just as much confusion over whether the PS5 digital and disc editions are 'the same' which seems silly to anyone paying attention - just like the Xbox generations question(s).
Uh, no. PlayStation went from PS1->PS2->PS3->PS4->PS4 Pro->PS5, with PS5 having a digital and a disc version (excluding slim versions because they are 1:1 with the normal version).

xbox had Xbox->Xbox 360->Xbox One->Xbox One X->Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S. It is so needlessly convoluted, and the latest releases are the biggest offenders (Series S is digital only, but it’s not a digital version of Series X). Of course people here know the difference, but there’s nothing intuitive about the progression unlike PlayStation.

• 4Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users