Xbox Megathread

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Dumb question: does the backwards compatibility only work for the games digitally or if I get a physical copy of some of these 360 games will those now work in our series X?

spronk

FPS noob
works perfectly fine for physical too, it basically installs the digital version of the game but just makes sure the disc is inserted while you play. Its a really good idea to grab the digital version though when it goes on sale, no reason not to since discs eventually fail.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
works perfectly fine for physical too, it basically installs the digital version of the game but just makes sure the disc is inserted while you play. Its a really good idea to grab the digital version though when it goes on sale, no reason not to since discs eventually fail.

Mostly needed the physical because LEGO Lord of the Rings I guess can’t be sold anymore due to licensing shit.

spronk

FPS noob
lol got the email from microsoft and i can buy a series X bundle for $605+tax, it includes a digital game and an extra controller. Email title is "Limited quantities available: Xbox Series X" from Microsoft store

i mighta jumped if it was a halo series x

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Smart of them, but a bit late. Are Series X still hard to get? Because this almost looks desperate to do it now.

With their entire gaming existence built around Game Pass subs I was confused why the big brains at MS didn't come up with a way to offer them directly to subscribers and get them into hands of their actual customers at launch.

But what do I know. I'm also confused at the existence of their constant Girls Who Code campaigns and Bill Gleefully talking about getting to inject kids with vaccines.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Finally decided to buy one for myself, signed up to a discord stock checker and got one within about 2 weeks (collected it today). Still a lack of stock everywhere in UK, probably worse due to new halo and Christmas coming up.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looking like $25 is as good as it's going to get this year for Ultimate codes. Gamestop is now selling for the same price as Target, Amazon and Walmart are $38, Best Buy is $45 so no discount at all unless they're saving some stuff for actual Black Friday.

Anyone know if GS lets you spend gift cards and reward certs towards stuff like Game Pass Ult? I have tons of points and supermarket I shop at runs a promo for $10 off $50 gift cards every Thanksgiving/Xmas season.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
yeah just do it in store though the web system online is super funky and broken when it comes to gift cards and reward certs. in store works fine.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Misread an acronym. Too many G's but whatev.

As far as I know you can buy Game Pass with whatever funds you have in you MS balance. Only way it differentiates funds is MD Rewards redemption funds have a 90 day expiration.

If using MS Reward points it's a better ratio to purchase Game Pass directly with reward points, I believe.

I was gonna shop for more ultimate codes, but I maxed out at 3 years gold before converting to ultimate and have been getting a free month code every three months for their Ambassador program, so still have 2 years and 3 months left and haven't been many good deals.

Codes are only getting more expensive, though, so might be worth stocking up if there is a good deal (though will prob just redeem time through reward points if my sub gets short).

MS Gift cards are where the good value is, so I try to find those deals. Bought $300 worth a few years ago with 25% off that made me feel good buying games 75% off with those funds.

Vorph

Series S seems to be in stock far more often than not at Best Buy these days. Can confirm it's great for Forza too, other than the obvious difference between a 1080p monitor and a 4K TV it's practically identical to the Series X version.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
That Forza Horizon design looks like the time I sneezed with a bloody nose. People raving about it though, so to each their own I guess.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Yeah, that Forza controller is hideous. My Walmart has the 20th Anniversary one in stock and I grabbed one for pickup later, so thanks for that tip.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

1637793700640.png
\

the museum is really cool

1637793891930.png

Vorph

A bit strange...

Screenshot 2021-11-24 175834.png

It also thinks my first 360 login was when I got Arkham City for PC, but I never had a 360 until like 2018 when a friend dug his out of storage so I could finally play Lost Odyssey.