Xbox Megathread

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I'm honestly surprised the Xbox will be in short supply. There is literally nothing exclusive coming out for that at all. At least Sony has Demon Souls remake and the Spiderman remix.

This game is going to be hot garbage.
Wondering if he was outed for it being delayed or left being disgusted at the $5 per color unlock system they made for the armor.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Are Smart Delivery games also Play Anywhere or something? I was going to preorder Yakuza today now that reviews are out, and while debating between physical and digital I noticed that the MS Store version seems to be X1X/Series X/PC, all in one listing: Buy Yakuza: Like a Dragon Hero Edition - Microsoft Store

There's no Play Anywhere logo though, just Smart Delivery.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Are Smart Delivery games also Play Anywhere or something? I was going to preorder Yakuza today now that reviews are out, and while debating between physical and digital I noticed that the MS Store version seems to be X1X/Series X/PC, all in one listing: Buy Yakuza: Like a Dragon Hero Edition - Microsoft Store

There's no Play Anywhere logo though, just Smart Delivery.

Yeah, interesting. Wonder if Play Anywhere will remain a thing or be phased out. From a catalog perspective they're not interchangeable on the store, only a dozen Smart Delivery and there's more than 80 Play Anywhere (multiple skus for many titles like Yakuza, Gears and Forza inflate those numbers a bit)

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I thought play anywhere became a all titles thing? maybe I'm thinking of something else

Vorph

MS first and second party titles are all Play Anywhere and Smart Delivery. I don't know if MS did some sort of exclusivity deal with Sega that involved Yakuza going that route along with it coming to PC and next gen Xbox several months before PS5 or what, but it's definitely buy once and play on all MS platforms. Play Anywhere includes cross save functionality too, and I haven't seen anything to confirm that will be happening with Yakuza and maybe that's why it only says Smart Delivery on the page.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
yeah mine shipped yesterday but says delivery held until 11/10, lame. i know a few people who got best buy shipments apparently being delivered tomorrow, and one guy got it today.

everything about xbox is great, the SSD seems to load stuff better than PS5, the auto HDR is better than the PS5 version, the BC of 360/One games is fantastic, it supports (proprietary) external SSDs, acoustics and thermals are amazing, etc. just too bad there aren't any great games that only run on X.

still, its gonna be a pretty good gamepass machine, destiny 2 whatever the latest xpac is is part of gamepass and launches Nov 10th so i'll check that out the day I get mine, been like 2 years since i played destiny

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
and destiny 2 with all xpacs will be on gamepass starting this month sometime, plus you can play the same characters as whatever other platform. i haven't played in like 2 years now since D2 launch / Leviathan, so it'll be interesting to get back in. i expect like every MMO after a few hours i'll just be confused and bounce off, but it'll be a cool way to fuck around with xbox series X since there are no exclusive games for launch lol

Vorph

Yakuza 7 is kinda-sorta exclusive. Yeah, you can play it on PS4 (or with BC on PS5) if you want to settle for the gimped last-gen version with savegames that can't be converted once the actual PS5 version is released, but the next gen version is exclusive to XSX (and PC, but if you buy digital you get both X and PC anyway).

spronk

FPS noob
lot of best buy preorders (ship to home) getting their X today. my direct from microsoft X arrives tuesday. 3 more days :(

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Crone

So if I didn't pre-order, and am willing to go trample some people in person, or try my luck at an online lottery, where do I do it to get one of these?

All the games that I want to play for a long while on Playstation will be released on Ps4, and with Gamepass the XSX just seems like the no brainer option.

Edit: Looks like online is the way to go, Walmart at 9am PT, and Best Buy and Target throughout the day. I'll try my luck and roll the dice!!

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
Apparently Amazon sent out emails to some who preordered XSX to let them know they won’t actually get the console until the end of December. Less than 24 hours before the console launch.... wow.

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users