Xbox Megathread

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Apparently Amazon sent out emails to some who preordered XSX to let them know they won’t actually get the console until the end of December. Less than 24 hours before the console launch.... wow.

Yeah fuck amazon, they have become a complete garbage company. I’m sure the Xbox they finally do send you will be some counterfeit Chinese shit like everything else on their site.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

spronk

FPS noob
i'm kinda surprised at how high demand for the X is, i had 2 extra from best buy i sold today. a few people flaked, and a bunch of lowballers, but ended selling them both for $800/ea right outside the store and my own from microsoft is arriving today. I saw lines at the gamestops I drove by from people who stayed up all night, pretty goddamn insane.

If the demand is that high for the X, I gotta wonder how high its gonna be for the PS5 which feels way better to me from a game perspective.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
The PS5 is ugly as sin, the battery life on the controllers is garbage due to the new trigger haptics, the exclusive pool is VERY small out the gate, and hardware wise it's shadowed by the XBOX, but I'll still get a PS5 once they're available.

Microsoft has a lot of catching up to do but they've done a really good job this generation. I like their approach of not targeting exclusives to get a leg up, instead, they broaden their platform availability, improve backward compatibility, and have stronger hardware. As a gamer, I feel as though exclusives suck and shouldn't be what drives competition. Games should be available on all platforms while console innovation, hardware, feature set should drive competition. It is what it is though and this is coming from someone who's been a Sony fan for decades.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
I've had my Series X for about 2 hours now. Hardware wise its 10/10, the system looks like a work of art, its way smaller than I thought it'd be, and just looks gorgeous.

Its FAST. Remember how using the UI on the Xbox One X sometimes felt like either you didn't click a button or the system was laggy as shit? Thats gone, everything is quick as fuck and responsive and its GREAT. Its the same UI still, so if you hate that shit (i'm indifferent, its not great but its fine) you won't change your mind.

Games run great. Sometimes you notice, sometimes you don't. Loading into RDR2 multiplayer was super fast. I played Forza Horizon 7 and didn't notice a thing different.

So far two games have required massive updates just for the X version, Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 5 both required ~70 gig new updates, and I had updated everything last night on my X. Destiny 2, Ori 1 & 2, Gears Tactics, RDR2, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order (now in gamepass), etc all worked fine no updates.

The new controller feels GREAT, it feels way better in the hand than the old one. I'm using my elite 2, but honestly i may like the new controller hand feel a bit more. The buttons also feel a bit more responsive. Still using AA batteries, you can buy your own rechargable play-n-charge kit.

All in all super, super happy I kept one instead of selling them all, this is a great console to fuck around with gamepass games. I've got Gears Tactics, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, Destiny 2 FULL, Tales of Vesperia DE, and Dragon Quest XI-S all to mess around with. For 2 days, until my PS5 arrives. A real gaming machine.

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I am super impressed with my XSX. I can't believe it's this small. Way better look and fit on my desk than my vertical XBO. Destiny 2, the only game I have played, looked amazing. I have a bunch I moved over on a usb 3.0 external drive I have had for a while (bought for Anthem) so it wasn't so much faster but can't wait to get going with AC: Vahalla and other games this weekend. MS did a great job I think.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Local store has shelves of series s. Series x is nowhere to be found. Meh.

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
Loving the XSX. Played 6 hours of Valhalla tonight. Looked fantastic and ran silky smooth 100% of the time. Really excited to see what developers can do with this thing.

spronk

FPS noob
couple things

1. install seems broken when system is off, at least if you have a USB drive plugged in. Multiple people reporting it, whenever I turn my X off it stops installing, internal or external. I queued up like 20 gamepass games to install (Fables, Tetris Connected for Series X, Wastelands, tons more) so just turned power options to never turn off and leaving it running until everything installs.

2. few people reporting X is overheating and stops working
www.reddit.com/r/XboxSeriesX/comments/js1oni/buddy_of_mines_new_xbox_came_with_a_campfire/

seems VERY rare, like maybe 5-6 reports total on reddit

3. might be COMPLETELY unrelated to 2, you know how this shit is on launch day (remember the 3080 and "OMGZ THE CAPICITATORS", turns out it was just driver issues) but a lot of people have said their X shuts off after running AC Valhalla. May wanna hold off on that game on X (and maybe PS5) until its for sure not a overheat culprit.

Malkav

French Madman
couple things

1. install seems broken when system is off, at least if you have a USB drive plugged in. Multiple people reporting it, whenever I turn my X off it stops installing, internal or external. I queued up like 20 gamepass games to install (Fables, Tetris Connected for Series X, Wastelands, tons more) so just turned power options to never turn off and leaving it running until everything installs.

2. few people reporting X is overheating and stops working
www.reddit.com/r/XboxSeriesX/comments/js1oni/buddy_of_mines_new_xbox_came_with_a_campfire/

seems VERY rare, like maybe 5-6 reports total on reddit

3. might be COMPLETELY unrelated to 2, you know how this shit is on launch day (remember the 3080 and "OMGZ THE CAPICITATORS", turns out it was just driver issues) but a lot of people have said their X shuts off after running AC Valhalla. May wanna hold off on that game on X (and maybe PS5) until its for sure not a overheat culprit.

Played Valhalla without any issue on Series X for 5 hours yesterday, had no issues at all.

Just don't put your console in a fucking closed space.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I've had my Series X for about 2 hours now. Hardware wise its 10/10, the system looks like a work of art, its way smaller than I thought it'd be, and just looks gorgeous.

Its FAST. Remember how using the UI on the Xbox One X sometimes felt like either you didn't click a button or the system was laggy as shit? Thats gone, everything is quick as fuck and responsive and its GREAT. Its the same UI still, so if you hate that shit (i'm indifferent, its not great but its fine) you won't change your mind.

Games run great. Sometimes you notice, sometimes you don't. Loading into RDR2 multiplayer was super fast. I played Forza Horizon 7 and didn't notice a thing different.

So far two games have required massive updates just for the X version, Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 5 both required ~70 gig new updates, and I had updated everything last night on my X. Destiny 2, Ori 1 & 2, Gears Tactics, RDR2, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order (now in gamepass), etc all worked fine no updates.

The new controller feels GREAT, it feels way better in the hand than the old one. I'm using my elite 2, but honestly i may like the new controller hand feel a bit more. The buttons also feel a bit more responsive. Still using AA batteries, you can buy your own rechargable play-n-charge kit.

All in all super, super happy I kept one instead of selling them all, this is a great console to fuck around with gamepass games. I've got Gears Tactics, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, Destiny 2 FULL, Tales of Vesperia DE, and Dragon Quest XI-S all to mess around with. For 2 days, until my PS5 arrives. A real gaming machine.
Are there actually new games? Everything you named sounds like something from the previous generation which you've reinstalled on a new box.

spronk

FPS noob
only gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 redownload essentially the entire game to update to a Series X version thats fully patched, everything else so far is just the same version that runs on X. I just haven't used gamepass much so I finally ran it and just downloaded everything I might wanna play the next year, it was like 30 games.

Tetris Connected also seems to be an SEX only version, those games have a different icon bump on the bottom right to indicate they must run on the internal SSD. You can cold storage them on external USB though when you want to rotate games or whatever. All the games that are not SEX-only patched run fine off the USB drive.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Why the fuck can't I order an Xbox, from Microsoft, you know, the company that's fucking making them?

I want to use my Dell Preferred Account, which I can use at Microsoft.com or Dell.com. Just an annoying inconvenience.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Why the fuck can't I order an Xbox, from Microsoft, you know, the company that's fucking making them?

I want to use my Dell Preferred Account, which I can use at Microsoft.com or Dell.com. Just an annoying inconvenience.
It’s a load of shit, why not just let the consumer order it on back-order so you don’t have to bash your head into a website to try and catch a glimpse of it not being sold out.

• 1Like