Xbox Megathread

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Does the new Xbox finally have working CEC support? I still find it mind-boggling that X1X never had it (aside from the broken implementation that was in the OS for a few weeks before they just nuked it entirely instead of fixing it) when even the Switch does it perfectly.

spronk

FPS noob
mine turns my TV on and off just like my switch and PS5 when I turn the system on/off (kinda annoying, I actually had CEC off on ps4/xb1 so it would leave the TV on) but i just have a soundbar and not a complicated receiver setup so dunno if its supposed to do more. It also sets the soundbar to ARC if it was on bluetooth/etc

Vorph

mine turns my TV on and off just like my switch and PS5 when I turn the system on/off (kinda annoying, I actually had CEC off on ps4/xb1 so it would leave the TV on) but i just have a soundbar and not a complicated receiver setup so dunno if its supposed to do more. It also sets the soundbar to ARC if it was on bluetooth/etc
Seems to be working fine for me too. Still amazes me they could never get something so simple to work on Xbone. Btw, there's settings for how power on/off works. I always set up CEC so consoles turn my TV on, but I never have anything turn the TV off and I don't have the TV going off turn off the consoles either.

Unrelated question -- when you copy Xbone games over, do you know if it's ok to copy ones that have a next gen version too? I'm not sure if it can just patch those or if it has to download it all from scratch.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Where can I get one of these?
Walmart, target, amazon, best buy, comp usa, the internet, ebay, frys, qvc, staples, sharper image, peir 1 import.

I thought you said that anyone that plays video games are super cuck fucking faggots?

spronk

FPS noob
Where can I get one of these?

ebay. Stock at retailers is expected to be near zero for the rest of 2020 or snatched up by capitalist resellers using bots within seconds. For example the PS5 went up today at Sony direct and was gone in under 30 seconds, same with X at walmart was gone in under 10 seconds.

Seems to be working fine for me too. Still amazes me they could never get something so simple to work on Xbone. Btw, there's settings for how power on/off works. I always set up CEC so consoles turn my TV on, but I never have anything turn the TV off and I don't have the TV going off turn off the consoles either.

Unrelated question -- when you copy Xbone games over, do you know if it's ok to copy ones that have a next gen version too? I'm not sure if it can just patch those or if it has to download it all from scratch.

my understanding, and the way its played out, is that on xbox there is no seperate version. There is only one single game version, and it automatically migrates to the highest level. So I copied over Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 for example, but it was kinda pointless since it basically redownloaded the entire game for the optimized Series X version. If I had an S I think i would have gotten a slightly different version without 4k textures and smaller install size.

PS5 is very different, there are seperate PS4 and PS5 versions of many next gen games (Ubisoft games, COD Black Ops, Miles Morales) and its confusing as hell since you could end up installing and playing the PS4 versions by accident. They do seem to share saves in some way.

Vorph

my understanding, and the way its played out, is that on xbox there is no seperate version. There is only one single game version, and it automatically migrates to the highest level.
Ah, makes sense. I downloaded Yakuza 7 from the store again, but I have some other stuff like Gears 5/Tactics, Ori, No Man's Sky, etc. that I wasn't sure about. Guess I'll actually have to play Gears 5 now, it's over 70GB with the Series X patch applied.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
We got lucky as fuck somehow. Husband didn't preorder at all like a doof, so I spent yesterday lazily refreshing websites despite knowing better. Suddenly noticed the out of stock button on the Walmart site was gone but had to way to purchase it, either. Expand the pickup and delivery options and it says it's in stock at a Walmart nearby in the hood. Tried to call up to confirm, but they transferred me to electronics three times with no one picking up before the lady got pissed at me and just told me they weren't selling it in store. Said fuck it, drove over anyway, went to electronics and the guy goes looking to confirm it. Dude was gone like 15 min before he comes out the back with the damn thing. Sure enough, there was a single one just chilling in the depths of the back of the store.

Load times on this are fast as hell. It also switches the color profiles on our TV depending on which app is open, which is kind of cool. Now I just need to convince him to get the new complete edition of Overcooked in its X/S optimized glory to take full advantage of this thing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
How about some forza for him and you cook in the kitchen instead, Koushirou Koushirou ? :D I wish my wife was this cool. No next gen box for me so far :S

Janx

<Silver Donator>
We got lucky as fuck somehow. Husband didn't preorder at all like a doof, so I spent yesterday lazily refreshing websites despite knowing better. Suddenly noticed the out of stock button on the Walmart site was gone but had to way to purchase it, either. Expand the pickup and delivery options and it says it's in stock at a Walmart nearby in the hood. Tried to call up to confirm, but they transferred me to electronics three times with no one picking up before the lady got pissed at me and just told me they weren't selling it in store. Said fuck it, drove over anyway, went to electronics and the guy goes looking to confirm it. Dude was gone like 15 min before he comes out the back with the damn thing. Sure enough, there was a single one just chilling in the depths of the back of the store.

Load times on this are fast as hell. It also switches the color profiles on our TV depending on which app is open, which is kind of cool. Now I just need to convince him to get the new complete edition of Overcooked in its X/S optimized glory to take full advantage of this thing.
Probably some pissed as fuck Walmart employee wondering wtf the xbox he stashed so he could pick it up later went.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Crone

Here's hoping for restocks this coming week, but I kind of doubt it.

Vorph

Friend got one Friday afternoon from Walmart so it's possible. Doesn't ship until early December though.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Friend got one Friday afternoon from Walmart
Well Done Reaction GIF

Doesn't ship until early December though.
groundhog day suicide GIF

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
Halo Master Chief Collection just got a series X optimization update, adds 120 fps 4k etc. Its no Halo Infinite, but then again, what could ever replace great ape

41.5 gig update (on top of the 120 gig install) for my X

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Halo: The Master Chief Collection is also available on PC now on gamepass. 161.8gb for a fresh install.

spronk

FPS noob
dont sleep on Destiny 2, you get the full new DLC (not deluxe though, just base model) so you can play the new story campaign. i played mission 1 last night, no idea what the hell anyone was talking about, i vaguely remember Varicks as a goofy dude but he's apparently really important now, all in all it was fun but i'm so glad I didn't pay for it

was gorgeous on series X, running 60 fps and crisp

Crone

Hoping to score Xbox tomorrow from Walmart. Probably not, but we'll see!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Contemplating trying to score one with all access, google search says that the two years comes as a code so I can wait until my current sub gets down to 12 months and then stack the two year code on top of it. I don’t have an Xbox 1 so I’m thinking I’ll take advantage of the console games (only have been using sub for PC). That’s if I can out click the bots...