Xbox Megathread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
probably fake but fun if it ends up true

EqFz3ssXAAcAKa8

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looks like a list of pipe dream bullshit with just enough obvious/already confirmed stuff in there to make it seem plausible.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Had a friend of mine go apeshit after getting his Series X because they removed the optical out audio port. I tried to reply with 'bro do you not have HDMI?' but he was having none of it and just cussed up a storm.

I suppose in my own setup I have the Xbox going to the CEC HDMI port (port 1) but the TV itself connected to the soundbar with an optical cable, but only because the port meant to be for the soundbar is also that same port 1.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Eh I have some old Turtle Beach wireless headphones with a wireless transmitter that use an optical input, so I’d switch them between my X360 and PS3 as needed. I’ve been looking for something to use with my series X. Or he might have an old receiver with no HDMI - but yeah, sounds like time to upgrade if that’s the case.

faille

Molten Core Raider
So it seems I'm too old and stuck in my ways to get proficient with a controller.
Obviously the games where a controller are better I'm fine, ie sport, facing, party type games,
but get into anything fps and I turn into some unco who can barely turn and move properly let alone aim and shoot.

So I've been considering just getting a kb/m for the xbox. Anyone have any experience with them? are they generally configured from the get go or would I need to set up the key binding for every game I play.

• 1Solidarity

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Wish the Series X would ever be in stock through MS store. I'm a poor, but have $300 in points to redeem and $300 balance from gift cards I got at 20%-25% off. So, kinda stuck with this plan waiting for their stock to come back in, and they still have a holiday related message from November that boxes may not arrive until after Christmas. By the time any come available might be some sweet Black Friday 2021 deals though. Extra annoying because this shit tier one s feels closer to being bricked with every update, lagging and crashing more and more. Haven't bought a console near release since Playstation 2. This normal or Covid related somehow?

spronk

FPS noob
a bit of covid, and a bit of Trump tariff waivers expiring meaning all these things made in China are getting a 25% hit that someone has to pay for, and I'm guessing Microsoft and Sony don't wanna suddenly up their prices by 25%.

Ironically its only USA being hit hard by this price jump due to Trump, if it doesn't get rolled back companies may decide its better to sell in Europe and other places at regular MSRP and just hold stock for USA to near zero. Thanks, Trump

• 1Like

Vorph

Don't worry, Biden & Harris will be on their knees for Winnie the Pooh before February even rolls around.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Happysmiles

Trakanon Raider
I had a random crash problem with my Xbox. It would happen with both digital and disc games. At random points, the system would just crash with a flash green screen on my TV as it crashed. The controller would keep blinking, but I had to physically turn the system back on. It happened with Game Pass games (Fight Night, Battlefront 2, Madden 20), disc games (Master Chief Collection), and free games (Rocket League). I could sometimes play 2-4 hours without a problem, and other times it would crash 5 minutes into whatever game I was playing. The system was vented properly, the room was like 70 degrees with heat on, and I couldn't intentionally cause the crash (like loading from a specific save file).

I thought it might have been an issue with overheating, so I moved the system to a different location. Still had the same problem. Tried to lay it horizontally and vertically, tinkered with settings, plugged directly into a wall, and reset the system (both keeping game data and deleting game data). Nothing worked. I ended up making a warranty claim on Saturday and shipped it back to Microsoft for service. Their customer support wasn't awful and I tried everything suggested prior to making a warranty claim. Fingers crossed when I get it back it is either fixed, or I receive a non-defective system. Anyone else have this problem?

Vorph

My Series X has shut off a few times. Once in a game I can't remember, once while browsing the store, and then twice in CP2077 (crashed while driving across a bridge, powered it back on and loaded my save, then crashed again in the exact same spot). It's a known issue people have been posting on reddit and various news sites since right after the consoles released. Some people have it so bad they need a warranty replacement, some like me just have a minor annoyance that isn't worth sending it in... yet.

Seeing as it did it once while just in the store, I'm pretty skeptical about it having anything to do with heat.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
xbox live gold going up from $40/6 months to $60/6 months

new games for feb

with gamepass ultimate gold doesn't really make any sense anymore, wonder why they still have it

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Usually you needed a peripheral like a XIM type device to play with M&K on xbox and playstation. They have their own little codes in them that make the M&K 1:1 like it should be. If not every game would be different and odd feeling. Not sure about the new xbox and plastation, maybe they added M&K support? not sure.

I’m reading that the new Xbox has keyboard mouse support and supposedly it should be enabled for most games. Apparently you are matched against PC players if you’re using KBM and when you unplug you go back to console.