Xbox Megathread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Been doing Xbox Ambassador program for the past quarter. It's mostly the same as always, just clicking shit without actual participation. Sometimes LFG 'missions' where you just find groups started just to get credit for the mission so you don't actually have to play anything. All pretty dumb and pointless, but got a month of Ultimate out of it. And a bunch of sweepstakes entry tickets, but haven't seen anything good to enter to win yet (mostly just shitty games, but I guess a few cycles back they had elite controllers or some shit).

Also, got a Thrustmaster Wheel with reward points from my account. And my girlfriend's account now has enough points to redeem for $200.

I know some people vehemently oppose MS Rewards, but I kind of like getting shit for what amounts to a bunch of pointless clicking. Skinner Box is a-okay with me.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is certainly a lot more generous than most other similar types of "give us your time and attention to collect points and get shit" systems. But, at the end of the day, the daily time sink is a bad formula for a productive adult. But if you are a 10 year old, out on summer break, with literally nothing else to do, it would be a dream.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Yeah, totally, I could give up MS Rewards and save myself 15 minutes a day of shit I typically do anyway. And boy the free time I'd save. If put it into a job that paid me to sit on the toilet where I do most of Rewards clicks, why I could buy the same games and hardware I'd buy for my gaming hobby anyway.

The thing that cracks me up is people on this forum posting in a gaming thread about other people wasting time. It's like the nerds on a Sat night online telling others they have no life. Got me, my secret time wasting doing reward clicks has really been revealed through irony.

It's okay to just say you personally found MS Rewards too annoying or against your principles or whatever without trying to make refusing to do it some noble pursuit others must follow. Or some judgement on wasting time posted to this thread. LOL.

This website is a time sink and bad formula for productive adults, but the reward in hidden tranny dick hasn't run us off, yet. What are you, 10, wasting time on an internet forum reading about video games? Get a real job, loser!

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
People spend dozens of hours doing pointless and often stupid extra shit in a game just to get an achievement. At least MS points have some actual cash value, however small it is.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
It is certainly a lot more generous than most other similar types of "give us your time and attention to collect points and get shit" systems. But, at the end of the day, the daily time sink is a bad formula for a productive adult. But if you are a 10 year old, out on summer break, with literally nothing else to do, it would be a dream.

There is no opportunity cost for a productive adult. - Click this stuff while you take a shit or where relaxing doing mindless web browsing.
I do much of mine while my remote desktops is logging into my work network.

I can get all my clicks in about 3-5 min - do a long search provided by one of the links you need to lick then just - click back space enter.

on my mobile search history is

A
AA
AAA
AAAA
AAAAA
AAAAAA
AAAAAAA
AAAAAAAA

Takes no time. $$ up over time.
I am sure they are making money off me, but that's cool . i own their stock.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
For PC searches I just back button through cat video categories to pump up cat video metrics, then forward button the next day, then back button the next day. Rarely even stop to watch a cat video! But muh time sink. I coulda been a millionaire if I decided not to work full time for MS Rewards.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
you can actually create a bookmark folder with 50 searches or w/e and just open all in Microsoft Edge and it'll fulfill the MS Rewards task every day with literally under 10 seconds of effort. There are other ways to make it even faster but shady. The bonuses are really what make it, I get like 10k points ($10) every month just futzing around on my xbox every day, playing games and getting achievements.

I just bought the new space jam controller with points earned, so yeah i'd agree its a nice little bonus. Nothing like it on Sony or Nintendo. I haven't fucked too much with Microsoft Ambassador, every time i click one of their links in the email it just brings up a shit load of stuff to do and i'm too lazy to figure it out. Getting 1 month of GPU every month for what, 1 hour of effort with it? is not too bad.

Just cbf right now, since I get essentially 3 months of GPU every 2 months with MS Rewards. If I even needed it, I have enough GPU codes from birthday gifts and shit to last me like another 8 years, since I'm the old guy who everyone buys xbox and PSN codes for every year instead of alcohol. I suspect my wife is involved :(

• 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
if you want a series X its still in stock at gamestop, $700 for a bundle

it goes in and out of stock everywhere all the time, resellers are having a hard time moving it you can probably snag it for $575-600 on offerup which is basically a $25-40 fee (taxes) for some shmuck to courier it from A to B

That is such a scam - requires a Go Pro early access account and I heard when people sign up it's "Out of stock". Fucking hilarious.

spronk

FPS noob
out this week on xbox consoles, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2021. On gamepass too (base game). 112 gig install on my series X, internal SSD only. 92/100 right now on metacritic

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
out this week on xbox consoles, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2021. On gamepass too (base game). 112 gig install on my series X, internal SSD only. 92/100 right now on metacritic

Love MSFS 2020. Its next level in VR.

spronk

FPS noob
Forza Motorsport 7 is being retired and delisted as of Sept 15 2021. Currently its on sale for $10 on the xbox store, but for $20 you get the ultimate edition with the car pass and VIP thingie. If you buy the game you'll keep it forever

its not nearly as fun and exciting as the horizon series (FH5 coming up this holiday) but it can still be fun if you love just track racing

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

interesting, i'd bet in the next 2-3 years most TVs come with xCloud app built in though

• 1Weird Boner

spronk

FPS noob
semi interesting, Microsoft paid Square Enix $100m to have Rise of the Tomb Raider exclusive for 1 year on xbox

pretty insane, I know epic and stadia also paid out crazy amounts of money for games but I think thats died down now, and it mostly seems back to basically "first party games are platform exclusive, so you gotta decide which games are must haves". So far in the past 2 years its been pretty pathetic across all 4 major platforms (xbox, ps5, switch, pc).

The game I loved the most so far this year is Mass Effect Legendary edition, lol

spronk

FPS noob
interesting rumor, series S may get a hardware refresh next year increasing its power slightly, series X would get an update in 2023. makes me less interested in switching my X to the halo X Microsoft Xbox Series S Refresh In 2022, Xbox Series X Refresh In 2023 - Could Utilize New 6nm AMD APUs With Faster Clocks, More Cores

series S is currently 4 tflops, series X is 12 tflops, PS5 is 10 tflops. Refresh would put series S at 5-6 tflops (so still way less than X, but better for xCloud/streaming games) I imagine X would probably stay around the same, just maybe smaller or less heat.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Some more stuff being tested by insiders:

• 1Like