Xbox Megathread

spronk

FPS noob
pretty neat, looks like soon you'll be able to play xcloud games that are NOT on gamepass like Elden Ring

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
best buy running a deal, buy a series S and get 2 free (digital) games including elden ring, lego star wars, and all the random ass sports games

personally i think with series X pretty available its dumb to buy an S since the X includes almost double the SSD storage (worth $100+) but maybe if you just want a streaming guest room machine or something

spronk

FPS noob
$130 cheaper elite 2 controller, i think you'll soon be able to design your own colors and shit too from design labs

i've been using an elite 2 for at least 2 years now and happy with it.

spronk

FPS noob

didnt even know they were working on it but apparently offline access to owned games is a lot better now. i think gamepass games still require online connection to validate, its only bit me once in the ass in the past 4 years when the xbox servers were offline for 12 hours and i couldn't play an xbox game.

i just went outside

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fuck the Elite, when will we finally get the option to just shut off that ungodly bright Xbox button on the plain controllers?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fuck the Elite, when will we finally get the option to just shut off that ungodly bright Xbox button on the plain controllers?
I love my Elite Gen one. It’s by far my favorite controller I have tried.

Vorph

Fusion Pro 2 is still the best imo. Just have to get used to wired and it's got everything the Elite does plus a better d-pad and no stupid Xbox button light at all, at a fraction of the cost.

Sometimes I want wireless when I don't actually need paddles and I still have to use a regular Xbox controller on my Series S all the time, and that stupid light drives me insane.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>

Do people really give a flying fuck what the color of the xbox button is? Is this like the equivalent of pc nancies who spend time color coordinating their graphics card liquid cooler with their light bright keyboard and mouse color scheme.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do people really give a flying fuck what the color of the xbox button is? Is this like the equivalent of pc nancies who spend time color coordinating their graphics card liquid cooler with their light bright keyboard and mouse color scheme.
Or the people that spend 3 hours customizing their character for a game they get bored with after 15 minutes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Or the people that spend 3 hours customizing their character for a game they get bored with after 15 minutes.

I'll even one up this - cosmetics for your character in 1st person.... (Cough - Sea of Thieves)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'll even one up this - cosmetics for your character in 1st person.... (Cough - Sea of Thieves)

I'd argue it makes more sense in a game like Sea of Thieves where you're trying to look cool to other people, just like in real life

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok I HIGHLY recommend beacon pines on gamepass. I cannot put this game down. Stark reminders of Edith Finch. Awesome stuff!

Last edited:

Vorph

I can't believe it took me almost a year to realize a Series S|X system update added a 'night mode' that isn't just that retarded blue light filter shit weirdos use on phones and tablets. It also has settings for 0/50/100% brightness on the console power light and 0/20/40/60/80/100% brightness on the controller, for both night and normal modes. Shut that shit off and finally I can use the 20th Anniversary controller I bought last year.

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
Ok I HIGHLY recommend beacon pines on gamepass. I cannot put this game down. Stark reminders of Edith Finch. Awesome stuff!
Will give it a try as soon I finish the Evil Within 2, I am on a strick single game per platform policy ;)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
phil spencer likes to drop little easter eggs in his microsoft directs (whatever they call them) and i guess the last one leaked the upcoming xbox streaming device, its basically a chromecast/firestick/roku/etc but will play gamepass games, stream services, etc

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Brazillian regulators revealed some MS financial details we've never seen before as part of their disclosures to report approving the MS-Activision merger.

in fiscal 2021 console Game Pass subscriptions accounted for $2.9b in revenue.

1665431816540.png

spronk

FPS noob
microsoft has also spent like $500-700m/yr on deals for gamepass games, plus all the money they have sunk into the first party studios. Its probably a profitable business on its own but its not $3b of profit/yr, probably closer to a few hundred million. They also have that deal with EA where basically EA play is folded into gamepass and rumors persist that Ubisoft Connect could get folded in too.