XCOM 2

Krag

Peasant
This was interesting, changes from the review copy to what we get Friday:

Mark Nauta on twitter_sl said:
@NostalgicNoob don't really want to get into specifics, but the changes definitely made Legend a good bit harder

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah that comment at the bottom sums up my feelings pretty much perfectly, unless whoever posted that completely misunderstands the joke, they're saying XCom2 is not coming out on consoles.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
rrr_img_125107.png

IF you're still on the fence, here's a 23% off code for GMG.

GMG still hasnt' sent out their codes, but they usually have them out before or right as the game comes out.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Whyyyy must I be on a trip friday-sunday? Evil work! I will be able to put this on pre-load then have to be away 3 days doing fuck all while nodding politely at meetings that do not concern me or my work /sigh.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Steam forums says there will be a preload, but the exact time is unknown.

They say the same thing for release time. Unknown.
Depending on how large the game is, I am not sure if I am going to preload even though I have it pre-ordered.

I don't have more room on my SSD (only have two 125gb ones on my laptop + 2 750gb, 5200rpm or whatever normal ones) and unless I pre-load on a ssd, it can take as long (or longer) to unlock than to download.

Anyone know if you leave the computer on with steam, will it automatically start unlocking once the time comes or will I have to restart steam for the unlock to activate? If it is automatic, I can download and leave it on while I'm at work.

Krag

Peasant
Release time is updated on the store page now, midnight release. Still no word on pre-load.

Edit: Pre-load is up now.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
GMG just sent me my key
biggrin.png
Yeah keys are up on their website now as well.

Take note that it is two sets of keys with 3 sets of 5 letters each. If you copy it all as one long string, it will come back as invalid. Also you have to redeem XCOM 2 prior to redeeming the Resistance Warrior Pack key.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
As the timer seems to indicate a midnight release to the 5th here, does that mean the New Zealand trick will work similarly to Fallout 4? Unlock in 16 hours?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Depends if the game unlocks in New Zealand at midnight New Zealand time.

If so then, yeah, can vpn to unlock like 16 hours early or some shit.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
The files are transiting to my command center of liberation. 24.7 gig download, it asked for 31 gigs of space I think.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
If that's accurate, then Eastern US could feasibly unlock this at 2 am tonight with a Australian VPN.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If that's true im gonna have to figure out how the hell to do that. And a russian one while I'm at it.