XCOM 2

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
This is their image, not mine, it wasn't user created
Awesome.

If that's true im gonna have to figure out how the hell to do that. And a russian one while I'm at it.
Google "Australian VPN". Services like GoldenFrog and VyperVPN are good enough for what you need.

If you can find one with a free trial, or they don't bill you till after like a 3 day trial period with full access, that's what you want to go for so you don't have to pay anything.

Log out of Steam.
Log into the VPN in the region you are wanting to spoof your IP from, in this case probably Australia. I like Sydney usually.
Go Settings -> Account Detail -> Change your country to the region where you've got a VPN set up.
Change your download location to that region as well.
Restart Steam.
When the game launches, activate and unpack it and launch it once.
Exit the game.
Put Steam into Offline Mode.
Disconnect from VPN. If you're not stupid and don't put Steam back into Online mode until the game launches in your region, then you can go ahead and cancel your VPN service now. If you want to hold on until the game officially launches in case you need to redo the steps for some reason, go ahead.
Play game in offline mode until it launches.

That's the general gist of things.

Added: Ignore anyone who says you'll risk your Steam account for this. They're wrong. They'll only ban you for bypassing regional pricing, not for unlocking games early.

Sulrn

Deuces
In all honesty, I'm more curious about when the LW Mods + ECP are online in the workshop. Won't be starting my campaign until they're green, assuming LW mods should be green when Australia opens, but ECP seems NA/Euro centric.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Awesome.

Google "Australian VPN". Services like GoldenFrog and VyperVPN are good enough for what you need.

If you can find one with a free trial, or they don't bill you till after like a 3 day trial period with full access, that's what you want to go for so you don't have to pay anything.

Log out of Steam.
Log into the VPN in the region you are wanting to spoof your IP from, in this case probably Australia. I like Sydney usually.
Go Settings -> Account Detail -> Change your country to the region where you've got a VPN set up.
Change your download location to that region as well.
Restart Steam.
When the game launches, activate and unpack it and launch it once.
Exit the game.
Put Steam into Offline Mode.
Disconnect from VPN. If you're not stupid and don't put Steam back into Online mode until the game launches in your region, then you can go ahead and cancel your VPN service now. If you want to hold on until the game officially launches in case you need to redo the steps for some reason, go ahead.
Play game in offline mode until it launches.

That's the general gist of things.

Added: Ignore anyone who says you'll risk your Steam account for this. They're wrong. They'll only ban you for bypassing regional pricing, not for unlocking games early.
Offline mode? I can't go 24 hours without achievements. Get fucked.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
If that's accurate, then Eastern US could feasibly unlock this at 2 am tonight with a Australian VPN.
Unless my math is off, 6 pm gmt is 1 pm Thursday est. 11 am for me in sunny AZ. I think I know what I'm doing at work all day tomorrow. ...

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Offline mode? I can't go 24 hours without achievements. Get fucked.
You still get achievements in offline mode, they just don't register till you go back online.

But whatever floats your goat.

Edit: Just realized the times given are in GMT, so the time you'd be able to download is 10 pm tomorrow evening in Eastern US if you spoofed an Australian VPN.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
You still get achievements in offline mode, they just don't register till you go back online.

But whatever floats your goat.

Edit: Just realized the times given are in GMT, so the time you'd be able to download is 10 pm tomorrow evening in Eastern US if you spoofed an Australian VPN.
I'm not crazy right, you guys are all just really bad at math? It should be 1 p.m. tomorrow if you spoof an Australian VPN and are on the East Coast. Again, maybe I'm crazy, but I think that's right.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm not crazy right, you guys are all just really bad at math? It should be 1 p.m. tomorrow if you spoof an Australian VPN and are on the East Coast. Again, maybe I'm crazy, but I think that's right.
Correct.

But the mistake I made was I glossed over that the top times were in GMT. I usedThe World Clock - Time Zone Converter - Time Zone - UTC vs U.S.A. - Kentucky - Lexington-Fayetteto convert 6:01 pm in Sydney, which is time zone Australian Eastern Time Zone, instead of GMT.

Sulrn

Deuces
Everything about this game, now that I have been following it more, seems fantastic Especially the reviews. The only thing I wish is for controller support so I could play over steam link. I think they mentioned it doesn't have it right now correct?
May or may not help you, but this is now floating around. Looks like Steam Controllers are a go for release.

zBsItXD.png

Also,Xenonauts 2 Announced Itselftoday.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Good. Xenonauts had a lot of promise, but ultimately it was just a more balanced but a lot more boring remake of the original. Still, it wasn't bad, and they actually managed to make the air game kinda fun, so I'm sure they'll do well with the sequel.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Product key from GMG is invalid on steam. I've never had this happen before with anything I've bought from there. Ungh.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Product key from GMG is invalid on steam. I've never had this happen before with anything I've bought from there. Ungh.
As posted earlier in the thread, GMG is giving you 2 keys, so don't just copy/paste the whole string. One is for the game, one is for the preorder bonus. For me, the 2nd key listed was actually the game, which you need to redeem first.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
That is really unclear. What were they thinking?
You just saved 20 bucks. They put the two keys stacked...granted the expansion one is the first they gave you. But even on Steams redemption it tells you "Please input the other key first to activate the main product" if you happened to put them in the wrong order. Even Steam tells you what a valid key looks like, so combining the two stacked keys isn't really possible.

It wasn't that complicated
tongue.png
Just admit you were overly excited and only tried it once before saying WHAT THE FUCK!?!, but 30 seconds later you inputted the keys correctly. Amirite?

I do the same shit. Not with this game but with other shit.