Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Once you get to a place you will see stars under the region area. You do side quests and such to level that area up. The higher the level the higher the goodies. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Someone needs the increase the drop rate of confusion ivy. This quest is driving me nuts. I’m doing this while I wait for a Merc main story quest to finish in chapter four. Anything I’m missing here? I have 6 of 7 and keep running close to the points where trees are there, and keep getting the RNG shaft.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
How's salvaging work? 5 star a region? I have 1 star so far, it's 1850 for the silver item to salvage with that's a lot of cash at level 14 I don't have lol, I'm supposed to be going up a root now

When you salvage, you get a bunch of shit you can turn into a set that will sell for alot at the salvage merchant(the one with the scale over his head). If you have the blades that have salvage mastery as a skill, you should easily turn a profit on each cylinder. The normal cylinders kinda suck but at silver/gold you get a lot more items per run.

You increase the stars(you can see the star over a region in the Skip Travel menu) buy buying/selling shit in a region, talking to npcs with stars over their heads, or doing sidequests. Easiest way to raise it though is through salvaging, just buy cylinders at a spot and sell the stuff you get back. Before you get a region to 4/5 stars cylinders are a bit expensive but you once you get one region up, you can just buy them there then salvage in a new area.

Main reason to raise an area up is to get the new Merc missions, the missions you get unlock new contracts on merchants. When you buy one of everything from a merchant that has all his contracts, you get a special item that gives you a bonus, such as increase to run speed or more ex/gold earned in battles, etc.

Here is a pretty good general info spreadsheet, includes stuff on the merchant deeds and what you get, as well as some side quest stuff. There might be SPOILERS there so just a warning:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Been playing since yesterday, in chapter 3 I think, still don’t really feel like I know what I’m doing.

Seconded that Pyra’s tiddies are ridiculous.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
What's the FOH verdict on this? Is it worth a buy?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
It's a pretty solid JRPG, if you are into the genre and own a Switch I don't see why not.

There is a patch on Friday to help with the map being basically useless.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
What's the FOH verdict on this? Is it worth a buy?

If you played Xenoblade on the Wii the combat system is similar to that. I enjoy it a lot, around 20 hours in and still in chapter 3. Huge game.

Combat system seems simple at first, but is actually very in depth. I still get tutorials for it. You start off with just using attacks. Then that grows to using attacks at the right time to speed up the abilities. Then that grows to using combos. Then it grows to chains. Then it grows to chain combos. Then that grows to chaining chains based on using the right elements to cancel out element build ups for ultimate combos for extreme damage that gives "overkill" bonuses that give more exp and loot. I've not gotten to that point yet. 20 hours in I just got the tutorials for chains.

So it "looks" slow while watching it, since similar level mobs seem like HP sponges and the fights take longer, but they do that so you have time to build up the combos.

Character development seems ok so far, and not that "anime" though it does have its tropes. Certainly falls into the "obviously made in Japan" type of game.

I enjoy it a lot, but hard to outright recommend it without knowing the type of games you like.

If you like huge (J)RPGs (J in parenthesis due to not being turn based) that takes 70+ hours for the main stuff and probably goes into 100+ with doing everything, then you'll probably like it. Especially if you played and enjoyed the first Xenoblade.

PS: This game gets a lot of hate for the English voice dubs. I don't mind it at all other than at times the lip syncing is horribly off due to the animations haven't been localized. Accents seem strange at first, but 20 hours in, I've come to like them.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the combat system alone makes it worth a try for sure. While juvenile, the story doesn't totally suck but be prepared to watch long cut scenes especially after completing a major area and boss. But it is VERY Japanese so mileage may vary on your enjoyment. It skirts the border for me because I have kind of grown past ogling cartoon chicks in g string armor with size quadruple D tits and a little fury dude who has a fetish costume stash for his sex robot.

Needless

Toe Sucker
as fun as the game is for where i am... it's really fucking obnoxious that i have no idea where i need to go 90% of the time. The quest to get wood to repair uncle pon's boat? i would have had absolutely no idea where to find the diamond wood if i didn't google it

Nobody actually found that without looking it up right? lol

Last edited:

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I found the place where it spawns earlier when exploring. The quest icon shows where it is on the map you just have to figure out the route to get to it.

Main ones I've had issues with are the sidequests that want salvaged materials which I've mostly neglected.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I don't think it even showed a cursor for me? the quest indicators seem really inconsistent and i'm not sure why. It's entirely possible i had the wrong quest active or something, but i'm pretty sure i didn't lol

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Chapter 3 level 20 this game is awesome although I still only have what I call the Putty patrol from power rangers, all this blue and white blades. When and how do I get those sweet rare ones like kosmos

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
You'll get most through core crystal RNG while others are obtained through the main quest line, side quests, and some from defeating unique monsters that have a blade. Finish chapter 3 and then backtrack to each town and start to clean up some of the new side quests. It's not a bad idea to start doing this after each chapter and don't forget to check the informant NPC.

LUCK determines your chances at scoring a rare blade and at level 20 your passive LCK is still a bit low so throw on your strongest LCK accessories before you attempt the resonance. At 20 I think I was averaging one rare blade per 30-50ish common core crystals but I can't tell you if this is good or not. At level 50 I was averaging 1 rare per 10ish.

Core crystals are a common drop from crabs that spawn during salvaging. The first dock spot from the first town has a high crab spawn rate and the first salvage spot outside the Chapter 4 town has a good crab spawn rate with a high chance of dropping rare core crystals.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Some of the rare blades are from quests or just playing through the story. KOS MOS is a random pull, just have to get lucky.

Without going into spoilers, try and not bond blades on Rex.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Bought a fucking switch just for this game, sidenote bought a wiiu just for x as well(only wiiu game we have)

I saw some reviews online, just tell me it's better than ffxv

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's better than FF XV in fact I told my friend this is what they should have done with that battle system. It shares the same foundation: control one guy while commands for the other 2 pop up over time. But the overall flow and depth is so much better. The game finally hooked me once I got past chapter 1. It finally opened up some and wasn't so on rails. I also got Zelda and couldn't get into it either and I'm hoping when I do go back to that one it will be the same. But it won't be for a while as I will beat Xenoblade first.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Hit chapter five tonight and the story is getting very intriguing. Chapter five music. Just... wow.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Definitely hit a fatigue wall in this game. The combat time for each little random encounter for things even a little lower level than me has gotten a bit out of control.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Definitely hit a fatigue wall in this game. The combat time for each little random encounter for things even a little lower level than me has gotten a bit out of control.

What chapter did you make it to? Also, are you upgrading your cores at the blacksmith at each new town? This speeds things up dramatically in a TTK perspective. Plus, you can also run away from a lot of fights if you get trapped. I just started Chapter 5 last night and the story has some other arcs popping up now. Accessory upgrades seem to be more situational then anything, but those cores are really needed.