Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Get the +agi chips for
Morag
, give her agi boosting gear and equip all her blades with +heal on driver art and +arts agro. Best tank by far imo, she tanked the end boss w/o getting hit once lol.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Tora is a better tank in the end, and his 3rd blade is the best damage. But it takes ALOT of grinding Tiger! Tiger!

The boss theme is so great.

Last edited:

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
took out the 117 on the first attempt this time after properly re-gearing for him. Tried the 130 and 1-shotted him as well, hes not the most difficult by far in my opinion. Wrapped up the rest of my quests so all that there is remaining to do is the weaving / baking / tigertiger / trust grind which I'm probably not gonna do.

I still need 3 blades, but spent a ton of crystals at 725+ luck and still need em, so they will have to wait.

was a good game, I ended up with about 180 hours into it, some of that was afk time waiting for merc missions, but pretty damn good value for the money

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
I got lucky and got her pretty early on, seeing how rare she is I feel pretty fortunate to get her. Wish there was a better system for getting the rare blades

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
They hit the last chapter out of the park. Great ending.

Think it passed Persona 5 for most enjoyable JRPGs I played this year.

1. XB2
2. Persona 5
3. FF12 Zodiac Age
4. Nier

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finished this morning. What a great fucking game. Whatever I play next will surely be a disappointment.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Next game Monolithsoft is working on is a new IP supposedly, but now they have an easy sequel to XC2 or XBX lined up - or both.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah there was a thread on ResetEra about this but I do think Xenoblade is probably my new favorite Nintendo franchise. XCX was a little disappointing to me but I'd be totally fine with a more story focused sequel.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
I agree. I enjoy the combat systems and the "grind" in all 3 XC games. At this point they are must buy games for me. I bought a Switch in Nov to get used to it before XC2 came out.

I hope they keep going with the Xenoblade Universe, they have the framework setup to do it

There is a significant "let down" for me right now having finished it. I need something good to fill the void, may try Horizon on PS4, I've had it for the 9ish months but havent had the spare time to crack the plastic wrapper on it yet.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So hit chapter 7. Is there anyway around the affinity requirements here to pass certain roadblocks or is this the “grind” portion of the game?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So hit chapter 7. Is there anyway around the affinity requirements here to pass certain roadblocks or is this the “grind” portion of the game?

DON'T FORGET ME!

• 1Worf

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
favorite pouch items for the blades can be force-fed to raise affinity but its really slow as you only get 10-15 per item that is their favorite. I found that completing side quests with the blades you wanted to raise affinity with in the active slots (they didnt have to be the one visible but needed to be in the active group) helped out quite a bit. I don't have numbers off this but it seemed like the bigger the side quest the more affinity I got with them as I maxed out guys like Wulfric pretty easily by just having him active but not the main one I used in battle. Make sure the characters who are not in your party are also doing this because it seems like their active set of blades also gets the affinity for completed side quests too.

• 1Like

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Food gives same affinity favorite or not. It's actually better to use pouch items that isn't a favorite of any blade equipped so you can spam it without anyone saying unskippable dialogue.

Do some googling but there are pouch items are give 18-21 affinity each.

What is blocking you exactly?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Popping in to say I'm still really enjoying this - I think slightly more than Persona 5, which is saying something. I get distracted easily though so at 65 hours I'm still in Chapter 6. I get OCD about leveling every skill for every blade.

Lol at the Boreas quest, and general growth. Just buy the fat man food and he's maxed out. He's also, at least at my levels, a tremendous healer.

Still trying for Ko-Mos, I pulled an Azami a few days ago but she doesn't seem that great. Running with Mythra, Perun & Vale on Rex and enjoying all three - love the Vale/Perun weapon type. For tanks, I've got Brighid/Electra/Aegeon/Perceval.

Still so much to do with just rare blade quests I forget to advance the story sometimes... Ha

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
The end game depression for this is real.

END GAME SPOILERS
Great twist with the Architect and Shulk to tie in both games. Normally I don't care for "happy endings" or love story stuff but I'm satisfied with the way this ended. Poor Nia.

What a fantastic game with an incredible journey. This IP is my favorite at this point and I have a feeling it will probably be the most enjoyable thing I'll play on the Switch (not sure how this will be topped). It could have used a couple more months to iron the obvious things out and I'm still not sure how I feel overall about the "English" voice acting despite warming up to it, but this game is definitely a must have and pulls at your emotions.

Finished at 200 hours with nearly all rare blade affinity maxed out with just several rare blade side quests left to do and the superbosses that I have yet to attempt. Probably 50 hours of that is Merc quest afk time with 45 hours of that probably being Ursula. Used about 150+ common, 120ish rare, and 50ish legendary core crystals with 500 LCK at the end trying to get the final two RNG rare blades I'm missing (with Kos-Mos obviously being one of them) to no avail, so I'm bullshit over that still.

I abhor DLC and very rarely purchase it but I'm probably going to make an exception for this one.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
What is blocking you exactly?

Well, right now in chapter 7 I just hit what I will call the spider web. That area if you remember where you start off above, can walk on some webs, and others break, and you drop down into the lair where there is a really big spider. (Middle Worm Ridden Cave)

Behind it is a web you need to have level 2 fire mastery, and 2 wind mastery. But later will need what sounds like level 3 ancient and focus and some others to get passed some of the "blocks", which amount to using some areas needed to fire down a web, jump across a chasm, etc. Some of the blades I have I can do this (Upgrade Fire mastery for example) with "collecting ore items from the collectibles list". Where is this list so I know what ore I need?

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Any collectible ore/minerals from collection points in the world will suffice. Just look for collection points next to walls or rocks.

Alternatively, just resonate with two fire blades and 2 wind blades and swap them into the party somewhere. Any equipped blade will work for field checks as long as the blade is actively equipped onto someone. That someone doesn't need to be in your direct active party, so you can use the characters you're not currently using as walking field checks if you want.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I need to make sure they still have the affinity correctly attained though. Rok's was easy, I just had to go to Uryra and kill a skeeter, problem is I still need to unlock that tier so I am going to have to do a few other things. (They do not look that major or time consuming)

I still have barely touched getting new blades with my rare crystals. And from what it sounds like, I want to level the "Idea" portion of the affinity skill set per blade to the highest and that has more of an impact than luck, to get the rare/legendary blades.

Last edited: