Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
What chapter did you make it to? Also, are you upgrading your cores at the blacksmith at each new town? This speeds things up dramatically in a TTK perspective. Plus, you can also run away from a lot of fights if you get trapped. I just started Chapter 5 last night and the story has some other arcs popping up now. Accessory upgrades seem to be more situational then anything, but those cores are really needed.
Yeah I’ve been upgrading cores and chips whenever I can, but either I don’t get good fires or they just don’t help kill shit faster. Think I’m in chapter 4, where you go down into the geothermal processor place (another side note, the map is useless. Took awhile to find the right way into that place). And I do just run through the garbage in open world for the most part. I’m around level 34, using Rex with 3 rare Atk blades and nia with 3 rare healing blades.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I’ve been upgrading cores and chips whenever I can, but either I don’t get good fires or they just don’t help kill shit faster. Think I’m in chapter 4, where you go down into the geothermal processor place (another side note, the map is useless. Took awhile to find the right way into that place). And I do just run through the garbage in open world for the most part. I’m around level 34, using Rex with 3 rare Atk blades and nia with 3 rare healing blades.

Ok slog through that part and get about an hour into chapter 5 and I am thinking that MAY revitalize you. Should only take about 2-3 hours tops. That is right where I took a week long break myself.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
sounds like wife will enjoy, she loved the wii1, we bought wiiux but never found time, i'll have her play this first, if she decides to play wiiu,x is that like going too backwards?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
sounds like wife will enjoy, she loved the wii1, we bought wiiux but never found time, i'll have her play this first, if she decides to play wiiu,x is that like going too backwards?

I hated Chronicles X. The music was garbage, I didn't like the combat and I also like more serene fantasy settings/graphics. Story was also worse for how long I lasted. This one is pretty JRPG troupe until Chapter 5. But I knew about that going in - and didn't care much because the combat is fun, the customization is through the roof with possibilities, the music.... Sweet Lord. Getting to Chapter 5 and hearing the music so far for these areas blew away the other music so far which I was already impressed with, and the overall scope of the game is way more X1 than XCX which is a good thing.

The two complaints I have: The English voice acting is still horrible, and really detracts from what would be more dramatic scenes when it comes time for that. What could be an epic 10/10 moment turns into a 7-8 out of 10. Also, even though there are music sliders and the VA for English is tolerable at best (Depending on the character) the music completely takes over the voice acting during those dramatic scenes (and others) and it's jarring. It's adjustable, but the problem is, 80% of the time I want the music to be loud... They need better mixing talent over there because this shit drove me nuts with XCX and the music for that game was god awful.

Other than that, there is... this. Which my wife was laughing at as she decorated a tree behind me... Where she started saying "Christmas Gifts... Don't forget me!"

And then... later in the game you get to a base FULL of these guys.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
You don't need to kill every encounter you come across, that's tedious. Just run past them.

Especially if you are doing sidequests and resting in the inn, you'll be overleveled anyways.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I run past shit too. From sidequests/merc missions I could easily give my party another 10-12 levels, but I want to keep them were they are at now for story stuff.

Getting Mythra set up as a crit build helps alot. She and Rex have passives that boost the party gauge whenever you crit, lets you pull off the chain attacks multiple times in a fight if you wanted.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Man booted up the game, eng vo is atrocious, thank God Jap vo is available, any other tips?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Good time to jump in, patch just hit that adds a couple QoL fixes to the game(namely the map).

Not much to say in the way of tips, the combat system will take some time getting used to but it starts to click a little while into the game. Nothing is really missable so I'd say just play the game and do your own thing.

If you have any questions though once you dig in feel free to ask.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Good time to jump in, patch just hit that adds a couple QoL fixes to the game(namely the map).

Not much to say in the way of tips, the combat system will take some time getting used to but it starts to click a little while into the game. Nothing is really missable so I'd say just play the game and do your own thing.

If you have any questions though once you dig in feel free to ask.
How I patch? Don't see options in estore?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
If you move your cursor over the Xenoblade 2 icon and press + for options, there should be an update software option there.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
when I "closed out" the game so that no user was logged in to it, it automatically downloaded and applied the update, but it wouldn't do it while you are basically "windowed out" of the game and someone is logged in.

• 1Worf

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Got this from wife today and really enjoying so far. A lot of systems to learn but in chapter two and having a ton of fun

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Finally got around to finishing this. Really enjoyed it overall, much better than XCX. Last couple of chapters I just finished in one sitting, I couldn't stop heh. Only real issues I had were all UI related and a bit too many cutscenes toward the end but overall a really solid RPG.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
Im just about done with everything, lvl 98 and got most of my "good" blades maxed. Finishing up a last few bit of quests, still missing a few blades and there are a few more monsters that I need to find and take down, pretty much all the lvl 100+ guys. If it takes a significant amount of tweaking / farming to get the last 3-4 guys I may not bother, I have a significant backlog of games that I want to get to. I haven't messed with TigerTiger much, i find it annoying and Tora is pretty annoying in combat (gotta mute the TV for him or my family walks around saying "meh meh meh" and "spinning cutter" all the time), so if any of the late stage super-bosses take the Poppi Army then they will probably remain unkilled.

outside of that it was a pretty good ride, the titties were incredible and the story was pretty good too.

• 1Worf

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Spoiler about the ending, Warning:

I didn't get the reference to the first game at the end as I was playing with the japanese audio. During that cutscene with the Architect right before the final battle you can hear Shulk's voice just before the Architect disappears. It was pretty badass that he was Zanza from the first game as well. Alvis being that third missing Processing core that went missing was cool too. Just a nice surprise tie in to the first game that I was not expecting.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
real close to wrapping things up, got everyone to 99 and most of the rare blades fleshed out (not gonna grind affinity on all of em if I'm not gonna use em). Found all the pouch expansions and maxed development with all the places plus got almost all the store deeds.

I beat the 104, 109 and 110 super boses, got the 117 to about 25% with a poor plan and less than ideal setup. Still need to try the 114, 120 and 130. I need a few more good aux cores and weapon chips to fully flesh out my main crew but its close. I'll prolly get it most of the way and save just a touch of it for the DLC thats supposed to come in a few months.

• 1Like

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
farmed up the 114 boss quite a few times, hes not too bad. smoked the 120 down the first time, hes super low health. Took a few runs to get the 100 down, hes a driver and considerably beefy and does a ton of damage..

I've still got the 117 and the 130 left to try out, going to see if I can take them down today. None of these guys seem as a few of the XC1 super bosses were (the dragon and the behemoth bosses were really rough) but seem more similar to the XCX super bosses where it was basically about bursting them down before they tore you to bits. A lot of the XCX boss prep was farming up augs / super weapons on your skell. XC1 seemed to be more about abilities / tactics once you had enough gear to fill out all the basics (anti-spike etc) and XC2 seems to be a decent mix of both.

I wish there was an eaiser way to farm up trust / affinity with blades, getting to 9800+ on a fresh blade takes forever. If anyone has found any good ways besides force-feeding them pouch items for 10-15 trust per item please share. It seems like a merc mission gives them about 5-10 loyalty so even chaining the Ursula missions is pointless for them.

I've still got a few more blades to get, but even with about 500 luck and using boosters my rate of acquiring the few left seems pretty low.

Once I get these last few things done I guess I'll wait for the DLC to see if that adds much for flavor. The boy got Fire Emblem Warriors for Xmas so I may continue with that before I go back to PS4 games. I hate getting used to a controller and then switching systems so I want to exhaust the Switch games before going back to PS4 if I can.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Level 75ish just starting the min/max grind to get ready for the superbosses and I'm regretting my early commitment to Tora as my designated tank. I just can't get the customization correct for him and if he switches to one particular blade in a tough fight he'll often lose agro or it becomes a struggle to outlast the bosses onslaught until he changes back to one of the others. Armored Brennan in Mor Ardain took me 3 hours in attempts and hes only a level 86 unique, although a really frustrating one.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
Agro has a hard time keeping up in this game, the 3rd poppi is a dps and I havent done tiger tiger enough to see if you can convert her to a tank (im sure you can) but I preferred Morag to Tora because I could kit Morag out with 3 tank blades for the extra agro right from the get go. Even with that Rex does so much dps that he ends up with agro pretty quick anyway on a single target.

Armoured Brennan takes a long time, the mobs around him are numerous and he takes very little physical damage as he basically has a perma deflection up. I didnt find him till around 80 but I remember it being a long fight and he had a few moves that did a ton of damage. I remember him having a short topple window.

Territorial Rotbart (big ape) in Gormott drops a nice weapon chip, hes worth farming a bit before taking on the 85+ tyrants just to get your damage up. As you move up to the upper 80s and 90s guys you are going to want to have a decent set of aux cores for your main blades and some decent offensive accessories. The avant garde medal (% of crit is heal) is extremely potent on rex w / mythra and can really help when (not if) you pull agro

For those higher level tyrants if you arent going 4+ orbs deep in a chain attack (and full breaking them if you can) the fights can take forever, especially when they enrage