Ye Olde Sodie Pops Thread

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Keurig KOLD

Interesting tech but it drives the price of a glass of coke to over a $1.
Sprizzi looks like a better product whenever they get it to market (listing march on their website I think) - similar machine costs posted, but "cartridge" prices aren't insane like KOLD. [And they're covering carbonation too - as long as you're active with purchasing cartridges]

Think I did the KOLD math at around $1.40 for equivalent to a can of soda (remember they're 8 oz per "cartridge") - Sprizzi ended up around $0.40-60 IIRC still pricier than store bought but not astronomically so.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Saw some of these on the shelf next to the beer for the first time yesterday. 6% ABV and they claim no alcohol taste, which I find hard to believe given how lightly flavored seltzers typically are.

tumblr_nlhrmsw4Be1qf19evo1_500.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saw some of these on the shelf next to the beer for the first time yesterday. 6% ABV and they claim no alcohol taste, which I find hard to believe given how lightly flavored seltzers typically are.
Reminds me, local bar has Coney Island Hard Root Beer. Pretty tasty if you want a sweet boozy drink.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Reminds me, local bar has Coney Island Hard Root Beer. Pretty tasty if you want a sweet boozy drink.
I've had the coney island and the not your father's and both are too sweet to drink, I'd have like maybe an 8oz glass and be over it by the end.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It goes in a category with all the other tasty sweet drinks. Have 1, acknowledge that it's tasty for booze, go back to beer.

Szlia

God tier: Fanta Green Apple from a fountain distributor at the Ikebukuro station of the Seibu line in Tokyo, Japan, in the '90s.

For something more available: fountain Sprite.

For nostalgia: Sumol de laranja (basical the portuguese Orangina or Sinalco).

rrr_img_114616.png

That being said I have never been a big soda drinker (never ever had any at home) and now I drink maybe two glasses a year. At home it's tap water and milk, outside it's ice tea or cold chocolate (I was about to say sports drink, but I almost dropped those completely).

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Virgil's has the best "old style" soda. They have Root Beer, Cream Soda, Orange Cream and I think Black Cherry. Fucking awesome stuff.

Virgils-Orange-Cream-Soda-4-Pack-Hi-Res-253x300.jpg