Ye Olde Sodie Pops Thread

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Dr. Pepper and IBC root beer.

IBC.jpg

Corndog

Lord Nagafen Raider
So being a total hipster fish store. We have a vintage soda machine where we stock only glass bottle vintage sodas. $1 each which is basically cost. But The flavors are awesome.

Here is our current lineup:
Brownie Root Beer Cream
Frostie Blue Vanilla Cream
Frostie Orange
Nu Grape
Lemmy Lemonade
Spiffy Cola
Americana Huckleberry

rrr_img_98411.jpg

rrr_img_98412.jpg
rrr_img_98413.jpg
rrr_img_98414.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sodastream is alright, pretty hit or miss with flavors. Typically the fruity ones are really good, while stuff like Cola is terrible. Slightly healthier than regular soda, no real cost savings or anything. Kind of a pain to get refills for the CO2 around here.

My favorite soda is Code Red, but I've heard a lot of people hate it.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
So being a total hipster fish store. We have a vintage soda machine where we stock only glass bottle vintage sodas. $1 each which is basically cost. But The flavors are awesome.
No Moxie? I do approve of that lineup though, some great classics.

I've been into Sparkling Ice lately, mainly because of the no sugar thing. I'm assuming it's nationally distributed since they sell it on Amazon.

Sparkling-ICE.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Sodastream is alright, pretty hit or miss with flavors. Typically the fruity ones are really good, while stuff like Cola is terrible. Slightly healthier than regular soda, no real cost savings or anything. Kind of a pain to get refills for the CO2 around here.

My favorite soda is Code Red, but I've heard a lot of people hate it.
Almost every big box store will accept the trade in's, typically used 60ml for 15bucks, the Walmart(they recently stopped doing this)/BBB or staples all have this program.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Almost every big box store will accept the trade in's, typically used 60ml for 15bucks, the Walmart(they recently stopped doing this)/BBB or staples all have this program.
Yeah just the walmart is 30 minutes away and kind of a pain

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Here were my favorite growing up. Haven't lived in North East PA in awhile so I'm not sure if they are still around.

rrr_img_98448.jpg
rrr_img_98449.jpg
rrr_img_98450.jpg
rrr_img_98451.jpg

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

I've been into Sparkling Ice lately, mainly because of the no sugar thing. I'm assuming it's nationally distributed since they sell it on Amazon.

Sparkling-ICE.jpg
I stock the mini fridge in my office with that stuff. It's pretty good and for a buck each it's even better.

Xevy

Log Wizard

Sparkling-ICE.jpg
This stuff is life. Unfortunately the coconut flavor isn't carried at any of my local Target/Walmart's yet. I'd have to drive like 30 minutes to get some. The orange/black raspberry/kiwi are my favorites. Don't freeze that shit though as it will fizz for about 10 minutes straight due to the super carbonation.

These are the one time where off-brand drinks are like 10 cents cheaper per, but not worth the difference. Sparkling Ice has the perfect carbonation to flavor ratio. The rest are either really flat or taste like cough syrup.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
In addition to IBC I used to love Cactus Cooler, but never saw it anywhere but southern California.

p8AgiwC.jpg

Siliconemelons

This stuff is life. Unfortunately the coconut flavor isn't carried at any of my local Target/Walmart's yet. I'd have to drive like 30 minutes to get some. The orange/black raspberry/kiwi are my favorites. Don't freeze that shit though as it will fizz for about 10 minutes straight due to the super carbonation.

These are the one time where off-brand drinks are like 10 cents cheaper per, but not worth the difference. Sparkling Ice has the perfect carbonation to flavor ratio. The rest are either really flat or taste like cough syrup.
I just hate that splenda and fake sugar has infected every darn "soda"... those syrup mixes used to make at home soda all has suclarose etc. FFS even KOOLAID syrup things have fake sugar... how is that product ever considered anything but pure sugar?! There is not much midground, you have the flavored sparkling water from nestle and the like that is just carbonated (or natural) water + flavor - or full fledged non diet soda - almost everything inbetween has stievia, suclarose or the good ol boys of artificial sugar. The ICE stuff would be awesome if made with just a little real cane sugar rather than whatever amounts of suclarose is in there.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
The ICE stuff would be awesome if made with just a little real cane sugar rather than whatever amounts of suclarose is in there.
Hasn't this been done? If not, it should be. I'd drink sugar drinks if they just had less sugar.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I don't get the "I NEED REAL SUGAR IN MY DRANK" thing going on. Sparkling Ice is made with bat cum for all I know but they fucking nailed the taste.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Well one gives you the urge to hump small furry creatures and the other DIABEETUS!