Yellowstone

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Season 4 is off to a good start. Episode one was so over the top, it was great. The dynamic with the kid looks like it will be a good storyline.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Apparently there is going to be a spinoff of this show about the 6666 ranch, which may be why they shipped Jimmy there. No idea if he makes it back to the Yellowstone or not. I would assume yes, and there is some sort of redemption story with him, but who knows.

kroenen

Regimen Morum
Apparently there is going to be a spinoff of this show about the 6666 ranch, which may be why they shipped Jimmy there. No idea if he makes it back to the Yellowstone or not. I would assume yes, and there is some sort of redemption story with him, but who knows.
We also have the prequel series to look forward too called "1883", that tells the origin story of the Duttton family with a premiere date of December 20th.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I assumed Jimmy would become a real cowboy, whatever that means, and replace the old timer on the Yellowstone ranch that's getting long in the tooth.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I assumed Jimmy would become a real cowboy, whatever that means, and replace the old timer on the Yellowstone ranch that's getting long in the tooth.
That actually makes sense. Lloyd seems to be on the outs, and it appears he is headed for an exit in one way or another.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Maybe it's because I'm getting older myself, but I've been curious for a while now what the ranch hands do when they get old. Do they just sit around the ranch telling stories like those old guys at 6666? Other than Lloyd we don't really see any at Yellowstone. I assume there's enough work similar to what the kid is doing to keep less mobile guys busy. Maybe that's where the Lloyd - boy storyline is heading; that old Lloyd is going back to the beginning. Some of them might have interests outside the ranch for later in life but I'd guess there's many like Rip who don't even exist legally outside the ranch.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
We also have the prequel series to look forward too called "1883", that tells the origin story of the Duttton family with a premiere date of December 20th.
That's crazy, don't know how I missed it. Here is the trailer for anyone interested

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Maybe it's because I'm getting older myself, but I've been curious for a while now what the ranch hands do when they get old. Do they just sit around the ranch telling stories like those old guys at 6666? Other than Lloyd we don't really see any at Yellowstone. I assume there's enough work similar to what the kid is doing to keep less mobile guys busy. Maybe that's where the Lloyd - boy storyline is heading; that old Lloyd is going back to the beginning. Some of them might have interests outside the ranch for later in life but I'd guess there's many like Rip who don't even exist legally outside the ranch.
It's not a good situation. If you've been a ranch hand all your life you probably don't have much if any savings. You probably don't own a house, etc. Some ranches will keep an old guy around who can't do a lot anymore but in a lot of cases that's just not an option so they can easily wind up pretty destitute, living on social security in a shitty trailer house somewhere. As far as career choices go, it's not a great one. Most guys working as ranch hands are hoping to have their own place someday, but with the wages most ranches can pay that's a pipe dream. I know a couple of nice stories where a rancher left the ranch to a long term hired man but they're few and far between.

• 2Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
This was a pretty good episode this week. Lloyd is my hero. The beginning had me cracking up.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
The breakfast scene was lol. This is coming from someone that never laughs at tv crap.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Still the best thing to watch with the wife. My money is staying on Rip getting killed and Beth going full vengeance.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Jimmy jacking off a horse had me rolling. I bet that was pure anguish from the actor and not acting.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Jimmy jacking off a horse had me rolling. I bet that was pure anguish from the actor and not acting.
I'm pretty sure that face right there isn't acting.

1639525369527.png

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Well the first two episodes of 1883 are out and I think I'm going to like it more than Yellowstone. It's pretty brutal and a good take on frontier America. Ft. Worth seems like a crazy no holds bar town back then. I wonder how true it is. Acting is top notch.

• 2Like

kroenen

Regimen Morum
Well the first two episodes of 1883 are out and I think I'm going to like it more than Yellowstone. It's pretty brutal and a good take on frontier America. Ft. Worth seems like a crazy no holds bar town back then. I wonder how true it is. Acting is top notch.
Agreed, started a new thread for it. Also Sam Elliott rock solid as always!