You just won $1.6 billion!

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I've thought about winning the lottery a few times - hell, who hasn't?

First, quit job. I'm 45 so I can say I got enough severance to pay off the rest of the house. Then, do some fake business freelance thing where people / family will assume I earn money. Then, wife quits job maybe. Travel the world. Maybe private school for the kids. Trust funds for the kids. Trust fund for me because I know it's going to burn a hole in my pocket one way or the other. Maybe get flying and boating licenses. Tour the world some more. Have nice cars. Build a few houses. Buy land in the village I live in. A $10m jackpot would be enough to buy the whole village, even if you pay double market price. Let the good people live for free, kick out the incompatibles. Build a fence around my village. Buy lots of guns and ammo. Explosives too. Maybe a tank or three. Some artillery while we're at it. Some security guards. Declare myself king. Have my face printed on my kingdom's money. Declare 0% tax in my kingdom.

Plus I might actually give a big amount to my current place of work (which is a nonprofit) and put some conditions concerning HR decisions. Yeah I'm a bitter bitch.

P.S. it's Berchtesgaden. You are welcome.
Berchtesgaden - Wikipedia
1) Buy a house in Bertschesgaaden in the alps

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
P.S. it's Berchtesgaden. You are welcome.
Berchtesgaden - Wikipedia

Thanks Dad that was keeping me up at nights and I kept forgetting to edit it.

Add another one to mine. Fly any poster of my choosing on a one way vacation to Mars with a complete base structure and resources to last 90 years - sans an internet connection.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
It's rigged that way so Uncle Sam gets an even bigger cut from the soon to come inheritance tax!

AlexJonesZoom.gif

• 3Jonesing
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It always ends up like this, some old ass granny or granpa winning lotto. /sigh
"Hi, gamgam! It's me, Soygen, your favorite grandson!"

Looks like South Carolina lets you stay anonymous when you collect your prize. Hopefully they are smart enough to do so.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Not being able to choose to stay anonymous is retarded. Announcing to the world that X just won a shitload of money encourages all the scumbags to harass them (or worse)... also AlexJonesZoom.gif?

• 2Jonesing
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Not being able to choose to stay anonymous is retarded. Announcing to the world that X just won a shitload of money encourages all the scumbags to harass them (or worse)... also AlexJonesZoom.gif?
I have a feeling you'll see the states start to allow this more often. Someone just sued for it and was granted it by a judge.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

It sucks, but it has the benefit of the lottery winner being verifiable/transparent. "Someone totally won, honest" just doesn't really cut it. I'm not sure what middle-ground could work though.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
all is not lost! Powerball is up to 750 million, its crumbs, but you can still scrape together enough to buy your 50 million dollar mansion. i think i will buy one of those abandoned malls they show on youtube and start my own mega flea market like they have in Mallrats.
mallrats04A.jpg

yes it was a real place, i went there once, it was awesome.

• 1Like

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Thanks Dad that was keeping me up at nights and I kept forgetting to edit it.

Add another one to mine. Fly any poster of my choosing on a one way vacation to Mars with a complete base structure and resources to last 90 years - sans an internet connection.
Well you're welcome, isn't the internet a source of knowledge!

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Take all my vacation and claim some sort of family leave emergency. Because in 4 months when I'm penniless I'm going to want my job back.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The problem with this method is they are collecting the interest on your money not you. This is why you take lump sum and invest, then live off the interest. I think one dude here at work calculated it out, you only need like 3 mil lump sum to live off the interest quite nicely, let alone 640 mil. youre just throwing money away by taking they yearly install.

They pay you the interest. That's why you take such a big cut when you take the lump sum. They basically use the interest to jack up the advertised number. Sure you might earn more interest on your own, but they're not just pocketing it.

The real reason to take the lump sum is so youre family doesn't lose it if you die in less than 20 years. Or if you have big plans where you need it all now.

• 2Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
even with the name release policy of all states. just sign the ticket with the name of a blind trust.

so you win, call a high end lawyer- hi cad- establish a blind trust -etc.
contact a high end investment/accountant firm and get one of their best people on retainer

claim winnings- since the signatory is the blind trust they just release the blind trust name (for example mine would be something like DMJB Family won the lottery Trust (kids first initials and first initial of last name)

have the trust setup-
for my kids - 20 million into a college "fund" for the family to utilize. & establish a full boat scholarship for deserving "poor/low middle class" (say under 65k income) ~10 students from the state to go anywhere in state or a university with a tuition match program.
again for kids 30 million each - setup trust funds for kids- that limits the amount they can access annually (say 150k a year) until they are ~40yrs old then it gets boosted to say 300k a year...(basically the money would never run out)
toss a few million at nieces and nephews via trust funds, except for my older sister's kids-they get squat.

immediate use - pay off all debt.
next use...Vacation....buy a place in aruba or some other country... maybe an island, allocate 50 million to buy and develop island....
a nice boat...(wife wants a boat anyway)
get sweet computer.

• 2Like

Brad2770

I would buy every year of the corvette made including one of the forty four 1983 corvettes made. All of them, except the 1953, would be red. The 53 would be white, of course. I would then have a garage built to house all of them plus another 40 or so to buy over the years.

Everything else would be typical bullshit you would do with lottery winnings.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fund digitizing concious/memory backup and cloning research.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i'd build my own personal theater

shit, my own personal Imax if there's a way

• 1Like