You know you're getting old when.....

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Quality of toilette paper has been the same for years but I seem to be getting careless and am having a lot more brown finger ponchos than usual. No biggy as I'm really good with the wash up but still somewhat disturbing and I can only attribute it to the carelessness of older age.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I don't get along with Prednisone. I don't know if a different steroid would be any different, but holy shit that was a week of hell. (I put it up with it because my poison ivy had lasted a goddamn month already...) Anxiety was through the roof for weeks after.

Kilroy - today I took a dump, wiped exclusively with paper in my right hand as always, and my left hand smelled like poop. Wat?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Maybe you need to check for shit on your lip bro.

Either that or on the wall you touched with your left hand while you wiped.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I don't get along with Prednisone. I don't know if a different steroid would be any different, but holy shit that was a week of hell.
Prednisone will fuck you up. It's a potent synthetic stress hormone, and it very quickly causes changes to your natural production of adrenaline and cortisol. I was on 60 mg/d for a week for a case of spontaneous hearing loss due to nerve inflammation. During that week I was super irritable ('roid rage) and had trouble sleeping. My doctor cut off my prescription cold turkey instead of tapering, which is the normal thing to do. I went through 48 hours of nasty withdrawal - my resting heart rate was 120-130 and I had headaches so bad I basically had to stay in bed with the lights off. Afterwards, they gave me a note saying that if I had surgery within the next TWO YEARS that I had to let the anesthesiologist know because the aftereffects of Prednisone could change how I respond to sedation. On the plus side, I felt like I was 19 again. All my aches and pains - back, knees, shoulder - vanished (temporarily). We don't realize how much discomfort we're in until it's removed suddenly.

I related my withdrawal story to a few friends who are physicians, and the universal reaction was "He had you do WHAT? After THAT dose? What a dick!" I'm never going back to that guy again, for sure, and never taking Prednisone unless I absolutely have to.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Quality of toilette paper has been the same for years but I seem to be getting careless and am having a lot more brown finger ponchos than usual. No biggy as I'm really good with the wash up but still somewhat disturbing and I can only attribute it to the carelessness of older age.
Your fingers get stronger naturally as you get older. It's even more noticeable if you do some kind of manual labor or supplemental training in karate. You might just be getting some old man strength in your hands and you haven't adjusted your wiping pressure.

VariaVespasa_sl

shitlord
Nah, its the alzheimers kicking in making you forget which hand you were actually wiping with...

Mikey

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I hurt myself....sleeping. Yep. Apparently if you SLEEP wrong when you're old, you can get put on the injured reserved list. This was also the morning that the wife was extra frisky. Can't babe. Slept wrong. Daddy's gotta rest from resting now.

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't get along with Prednisone. I don't know if a different steroid would be any different, but holy shit that was a week of hell. (I put it up with it because my poison ivy had lasted a goddamn month already...) Anxiety was through the roof
Bro. Forreal. That shit fucked me up the time I took it. Ravenously hungry, wild mood swings, anxiety, all that shit. Prednisone is some ole bullshit. Totes.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Your fingers get stronger naturally as you get older. It's even more noticeable if you do some kind of manual labor or supplemental training in karate. You might just be getting some old man strength in your hands and you haven't adjusted your wiping pressure.
I've been in the gym for the last couple years so that could be it. Also might attribute it to the seasons switching to summer so my hands get dry and fingers don't really grip the paper for the wipe maybe. May get a mister to mist my hand towards the end of the dump.

• 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 1 user

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Get a roll of that brown stuff they use in public restrooms, I think its made from cured leather.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I'd heard the joke about John Wayne TP all my life, but I hadn't actually run into any until I started working offshore. In case you wanna try that, the brand is Scot. I can't tell which Scot product it is, but my best guess is 100 grit.

It's much better than the other stuff they use which begins dissolving as soon as it makes contact with your hand.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Your balls sag and touch the water when you take a shit.

You know you're getting old when....

• 1Jew
  • 1Triggered
  • 1Nationalist
Reactions: 4 users

Dhameon

N00b
cassette-tape-and-pencil-li.jpg

My kids will never understand what either is because it's now digital and mechanical pencils.

• 1Jew
  • 1Hodjing
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
When some kid makes a joke and thinks it isn't something you have heard before but you remember hearing it 30+ years ago as a teenager.

• 2Hodjing
  • 1Jew
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users