You know you're getting old when.....

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
When Tony Hawk is like 50 fucking years old. This popped up on Youtube and made me feel old as shit, really inspirational at the end.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Speaking of which, the RIP Tony Hawk or "tell him Tony Hawk died" memes and pranks have been going strong into 2018.

I don't understand why Tony in particular was selected for this RIP meme. I guess he's that beloved a figure to many of our generation and it creates the most "oh man!!" factor because he tugs on everyones childhood/young adult nostalgia.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
When you look at the old forums on web.archive.org and see your original join date.

fohold1.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Judging by your old and new avatars, I'm going to say that comment on your name is correct!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm almost 40 and I put my socks and underwear on standing up everyday as a test. It's getting harder and harder (the socks mostly).

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm almost 40 and I put my socks and underwear on standing up everyday as a test. It's getting harder and harder (the socks mostly).

I'm 48 and also do this. It's OK as long as I'm awake for at least 5 minutes before I try it. Otherwise it's time to lean on something.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
You're taking your life in your hands daily. Someone is going to find you one afternoon with your head cracked open because you fell against the dresser.

• 4Worf

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm 48 and also do this. It's OK as long as I'm awake for at least 5 minutes before I try it. Otherwise it's time to lean on something.

ya a few years ago I noticed I was sitting on the bed to put on my socks and I was like fuck this. i workout regularly but my stretching was lacking, which was the sock putting on bottleneck, so now I stretch fairly regularly.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
You're taking your life in your hands daily. Someone is going to find you one afternoon with your head cracked open because you fell against the dresser.

this is not out of the realm of possibility, i'm married though so my body should be found pretty quick, imma start putting socks on before underwear so if that happens i'm found butt ass naked with 1 sock on.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider

I'm 33, I'm pretty sure I've never stood up to put my socks on. Why would you ever do this standing up? The underwear at least makes sense

• 2Solidarity

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Shit, it is harder. Noticed but hadn't noticed. 38 in a couple months.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not even 40 and I sit down for sock on putting. Fuck trying to balance on one leg while half groggy from sleep. Yeah, I'm old, get off my lawn! :p

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm 33, I'm pretty sure I've never stood up to put my socks on. Why would you ever do this standing up? The underwear at least makes sense

I'm almost 37 and didn't notice these kinds of issues until the last year or two, at 32-33 everything seemed normal. It seemed like I aged 10 years in a few years, it is a weird feeling.

The other thing is having no grey hairs last year to having a fuckload seemingly overnight. I don't like it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I've put socks on while standing and while I don't like it, I never thought of it as a challenge. I use the shoes and socks time to stretch. I flex the hips while putting on socks, then put the leg straight out to tie the shoes and warm up the hammies for the day. Underwear always goes on while standing. The times i did it seated or laying down it was bunched and rolled up. Fuck that shit.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm almost 37 and didn't notice these kinds of issues until the last year or two, at 32-33 everything seemed normal. It seemed like I aged 10 years in a few years, it is a weird feeling.

The other thing is having no grey hairs last year to having a fuckload seemingly overnight. I don't like it.
Damn you old, assumed you were like 26-28

• 2Like

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
46 here. I recently discovered 3DS XL screens are really, really small and I can't read text of some games like Xenoblade Chronicles. Damn

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
How about some typo lessons while he's at it?

• 1Worf

Zhavric

Molten Core Raider
When people talk about "memes they grew up with" and you're like "I grew up with Atari and Voltron."

• 4Like