You know you're getting old when.....

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Cannot stress how much yoga helped me with feeling better and flexibility. But still fucking old.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Don't forget horniness! Nothing better than being a middle aged dude in the middle of a yoga class full of hot, young, flexible chicks!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nissir

Lord Nagafen Raider
I fart way too much doing yoga to hang out with a bunch of hot flexible chicks while doing it.

I brought class to a screeching halt when I called an androgynous cable a "Boy George cable" no one knew who Boy George was :(

• 2Worf

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Well, I don't know what the fuck an androgynous cable is. Does that make me too old or too young for that post?

• 1Like

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
You notice a Starwars franchise sale on steam. You look down through the list of games. You see "Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3D". You don't remember a Starwars game with 3D in the title. You check it out and think, "Wow these are some flying-brick-with-laser-blaster-graphics, this game is old as fuck." You suddenly realize after looking at a few more screenshots that not only have you played this game, but you beat it when it came out for the Nintendo 64.

Gamer dementia, it's real people.

• 2Solidarity

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
You notice a Starwars franchise sale on steam. You look down through the list of games. You see "Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3D". You don't remember a Starwars game with 3D in the title. You check it out and think, "Wow these are some flying-brick-with-laser-blaster-graphics, this game is old as fuck." You suddenly realize after looking at a few more screenshots that not only have you played this game, but you beat it when it came out for the Nintendo 64.

Gamer dementia, it's real people.
That game was fucking amazing okay. I played the shit out of that.

• 1Solidarity

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
sundayMorningCleanUpCarnage.jpg

• 7Solidarity
  • 5Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Ykygow you get super excited when you see birds using the new bird feeders you bought.

Yktgow you buy bird feeders

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
When you watch a youtube video with younger folks who bring up DSL and they say "isn't that the router that's really noisy when it connects?" -- "yeah, heard it was really shitty internet, too"

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

loudgas

My entrance into the PC world was a 386-SX with 640k of ram running pc-dos 5.0 (IBM at the time I believe). The next major upgrade for me at that time a cd-rom drive and a sound card, it really made wolfenstein feel immersive lol

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Boot disc so I could play MechWarrior 2 and Tie Fighter. God, I don't even remember the computer's specs. But, it was an IBM of some type. I'm pretty sure my computers today collectively cost less and could fly me to Jupiter.

• 1Solidarity

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Noobs! I ended up setting up my old 486 SX 25MHz with a folder containing separate copies of Autoexec.bat and Config.sys for each of the games I played. I then also had a .bat file to change both files with one command. For example, if I wanted to play Sim City 2000, I'd just type sc2000 from any directory, then restart the machine, and then run the game. Good times!

Anyway, YKYGOW... you start looking forward to the weekends again for the Bob Ross marathons on Twitch.

• 3Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Oh we're going down this path....
First computer - TRS-80 Color Computer, with 4k of RAM. I felt I was the pimp when I managed to solder together a bubble memory module to to a 128K upgrade.
First computer most of you would recognize - Apple ][e
First PC - 8086 based, no actual hard drive, was fancy because I snagged a "math co-processor" for it.

• 3Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
...your description of someone else's room includes the phrase "hit by a tornado."

Rime

<Donor>
Antibiotics from dental surgery led to a case of C. Diff... holy fuck is this the worst thing that I have ever experienced and it can end up with life changing ramifications. Fuck.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Antibiotics from dental surgery led to a case of C. Diff... holy fuck is this the worst thing that I have ever experienced and it can end up with life changing ramifications. Fuck.

The ONLY good thing about my body is my teeth and gums. Haven't been to the dentist in ten years and not even a hint of a cavity or weird inflamed gum/puss thing that my buddies talk about.

I'm good for another 20 years if my teeth keep up.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
My entrance into the PC world was a 386-SX with 640k of ram running pc-dos 5.0 (IBM at the time I believe). The next major upgrade for me at that time a cd-rom drive and a sound card, it really made wolfenstein feel immersive lol
Young whippersnapper, I started on a 8086 with a 10MB HDD and a 5.25" floppy. Black/white screen too.
PC1512 - Wikipedia

Before that I had a Commodore 116 Commodore 16 - Wikipedia and before that I had an Atari VCS2600.

I didn't get into CD-ROM territory until I had a 486-SX/25 which I later upgraded to a 486-DX4/100. This was the era where optimizing your HIMEM and stuff was important to get your games to run.

I also had a 1st gen Atari Lynx and that thing ate batteries like a fat kid eats candy.

Get off my lawn.

• 1Solidarity

loudgas

I will trump you with my Commodore 128 (whopping 128k memory and of course the 5 1/4" floppy) while all my friends had the Commodore 64 or the Coleco Adam :)

whenYouCouldntHideBehindComputer.jpg

• 1Like