You know you're getting old when.....

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
I take 80mg Uloric daily, no flare ups since. Been 3 years now /knockonwood

Uloric 40mg is quite good for my gout. Basically eat what I want. Dark cherries was some bullshit though. A long course of celery juice is supposed to get rid of gout for good. Haven’t tried that, but baking soda also calmed things down if I ate restricted gout diet (basically air and water).

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Uloric 40mg is quite good for my gout. Basically eat what I want. Dark cherries was some bullshit though. A long course of celery juice is supposed to get rid of gout for good. Haven’t tried that, but baking soda also calmed things down if I ate restricted gout diet (basically air and water).

A long course of celery juice? I can't imagine, but I am intrigued. I'd love to eat seafood again.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have you tried uloric?

Yeah, I think I started the Uloric tangent, lol. But If I eat things that are off my diet, I still get flare-ups.

My son closed the car door on my foot this weekend, and it's felt like shit since. Thank god he's only 10 and wasn't putting much force behind it.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Yeah, I think I started the Uloric tangent, lol. But If I eat things that are off my diet, I still get flare-ups.

My son closed the car door on my foot this weekend, and it's felt like shit since. Thank god he's only 10 and wasn't putting much force behind it.

Perhaps a larger dosage? Also try baking soda, icuredmygout

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When you go home early from work with intentions of playing some of your back catalog of games but you just sit and enjoy the silence instead....

• 10Solidarity
  • 6Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 16 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Perhaps a larger dosage? Also try baking soda, icuredmygout
15 years ago saw a rheumatologist for my gout. At the time allopurinol was all the rage. She said she had a better solution. 1000 mg of ibuprofen 3x a day. After a month with no flare ups go to 2x a day. Another month go to 1x a day. Stay at 1x day ongoing. If a flare up occurs to back to 3x a day for and reset. I have had 3 or 4 flare ups in 15 years and eat anything I want. Keep in mind I am 6'4 and weigh 225 which impacts the dosage. Also previous to this I had flare ups so bad the swelling made walking impossible. Apparently it keeps the blood just thin enough that the purine crystals cant form in the joints and eventually I piss away the excess puric acid with lots of water.

Some people say it's too much ibuprofen but a)I have bloodwork regularly and it is top notch 15 years later and b) I dont care if it is bad for me, nothing is worse than gout.

• 1Like

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some people say it's too much ibuprofen.

That's the exact dosage my dentist had me taking while I was waiting for a root canal. I looked like a drug addict at my work meetings. Popping four pain killers with breakfast, lunch, and dinner, lol.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
15 years ago saw a rheumatologist for my gout. At the time allopurinol was all the rage. She said she had a better solution. 1000 mg of ibuprofen 3x a day. After a month with no flare ups go to 2x a day. Another month go to 1x a day. Stay at 1x day ongoing. If a flare up occurs to back to 3x a day for and reset. I have had 3 or 4 flare ups in 15 years and eat anything I want. Keep in mind I am 6'4 and weigh 225 which impacts the dosage. Also previous to this I had flare ups so bad the swelling made walking impossible. Apparently it keeps the blood just thin enough that the purine crystals cant form in the joints and eventually I piss away the excess puric acid with lots of water.

Some people say it's too much ibuprofen but a)I have bloodwork regularly and it is top notch 15 years later and b) I dont care if it is bad for me, nothing is worse than gout.

I’ve never heard of ibuprofen thinning blood, wouldn’t that be aspirin? Interesting though as before I had gout I was taking a lot of ibuprofen. I did take allopurinol as the first gout medicine, all that did though was wipe me out, slept so much and had zero energy.

I’m pretty happy with uloric, usually only take nsaids when I have ache and pain. I rarely get headaches after raising my magnesium level with a lot of Epsom salt baths. When I do get a headache I rub some magnesium gel where the headache is, drink plenty of water, and it’s reduced or gone rather quickly. Previously I would take 800mg ibuprofen and 1000mg Tylenol to deal with that.

And yeah, gout attacks in the feet are the worst, every step is like having a ball spike in your joint move all around and smush into nerve endings. I also have a fucked up ankle with a piece of bone floating around, that’s what gets inflamed the most. That 10,000 steps a day thing...I do that enough and I have trouble walking within a few days. Ankle brace and all the nsaids helps a lot with that. Also lasix to get fluid out from the swelling.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
When you go home early from work with intentions of playing some of your back catalog of games but you just sit and enjoy the silence instead....
Just wait until you start taking naps instead.

I'm single, no kids, live alone, and every day when I get home from work it is a struggle not to take a 2-3 hour nap. Funny thing is, I typically go to bed at the same time (after midnight) whether I've taken a nap or not. Everyone always says it will mess up my sleep schedule, but that only happens if I do something dumb like nap at 8pm. If I nap at 5 or 6, I'll be tired again around the normal time.

To contribute to this thread, you know you're getting old when you go to bed earlier on Friday night than Sun-Thur.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just wait until you start taking naps instead.

I'm single, no kids, live alone, and every day when I get home from work it is a struggle not to take a 2-3 hour nap. Funny thing is, I typically go to bed at the same time (after midnight) whether I've taken a nap or not. Everyone always says it will mess up my sleep schedule, but that only happens if I do something dumb like nap at 8pm. If I nap at 5 or 6, I'll be tired again around the normal time.

To contribute to this thread, you know you're getting old when you go to bed earlier on Friday night than Sun-Thur.

2 to 3 hours is my free time, I can sleep when i'm dead.

• 1Like

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
2 to 3 hours is my free time, I can sleep when i'm dead.

safely-endancered-webtoon-you-look-tired-ill-sleep-when-im-31024370.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Beer, wine, and whiskey all make me feel like crap the next day. Even if it was just one drink on a full stomach with plenty of hydration.
i feel ya. i pretty much have skipped everything cept beer now. in my 20s i would drink all friday night and get up the next day to do it all over again on saturday. now i drink up new years eve and have a sammich, the next day i am incapacitated. very sad.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I think working in a sales organization has prepped my liver for a longer haul. Although I will admit now I drink less, I just seem to be less interested in getting drunk. Almost all my drinking is involved with work events now. But at those.. well... I definitely still drink.

Kinner

Clear eyes. Full Hearts. Can't lose.
You fall down and snap your patella tendon. This sucks boys.

20190226_090836.jpg

• 2Rustled
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Brad2770

... you shave your face with toothpaste.

My shaving cream and toothpaste have similar looking tubes. Grabbed the toothpaste, applied it and was almost done shaving. Didn’t even realize.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
... you shave your face with toothpaste.

My shaving cream and toothpaste have similar looking tubes. Grabbed the toothpaste, applied it and was almost done shaving. Didn’t even realize.

Sounds like you're now old enough to not give a shit about shaving.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users