You know you're getting old when.....

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
when you start Uncharted 4 (again, after losing my savegame last year) and set it to "easy" because you just can't be arsed.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You are reading the Wow Classic thread and have to tab out and see what the fuck ASMR stands for because you have no fucking idea.

• 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Just got my first one of these.... Which kinda amazes me as I know a lot of people who get them pre-50...

IMG_20190923_205350[1].jpg

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
You are reading the Wow Classic thread and have to tab out and see what the fuck ASMR stands for because you have no fucking idea.

Over the last while I have had to look up YEET and YOLO. Fuck me.

That being said I said the word meme to a coworker the other day and they had no idea what that was. So there are far worse people than us.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Doing a light jog and you yank a hamstring.

When you define the quality of your life experiences by the accumulation of chronic injuries.

Let me see: Chronic lower back issues from one shitty-aligned shoulder press rep in the mid 90s. Shredded rotator cuffs from blocking giant linemen. Seemingly steady Achilles strains from too much golf swing torque (one was ruptured and healed up strong as shit, the other is still a chronic problem).

I once threw my lower back out while brushing my teeth. Also, ala stand-up comedy bits, I now sometimes wake up in the morning with random injuries because apparently I sleep extreme or something.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
When you define the quality of your life experiences by the accumulation of chronic injuries.

Let me see: Chronic lower back issues from one shitty-aligned shoulder press rep in the mid 90s. Shredded rotator cuffs from blocking giant linemen. Seemingly steady Achilles strains from too much golf swing torque (one was ruptured and healed up strong as shit, the other is still a chronic problem).

I once threw my lower back out while brushing my teeth. Also, ala stand-up comedy bits, I now sometimes wake up in the morning with random injuries because apparently I sleep extreme or something.
Chronic lower back pain from popping a disc doing a deadlift a few years back. Haven't really worked out since. Gotten "fat", making the rest of my body go to shit.

Broken ankle from 13 years ago, tend to lean on my other foot primarily, exacerbating back issues.

Left shoulder and arm completely numb after waking up last few days, hurts all gd day.

I feel ya, man.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I knew I was getting old when I realized that I already own the house I have to live in for the rest of my life. Barring a lotto win, the wife and I don't have enough working life left to take on another mortgage. Well, she doesn't, because she's counting the days till retirement. I plan to work forever.

Anyway, yeah. That took me a while to get over. I was in a bad mood for a while. I don't like this house very much. If I want to move though, I have to act quick and I'm way too lazy for that shit.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I knew I was getting old when I realized that I already own the house I have to live in for the rest of my life. Barring a lotto win, the wife and I don't have enough working life left to take on another mortgage. Well, she doesn't, because she's counting the days till retirement. I plan to work forever.

Anyway, yeah. That took me a while to get over. I was in a bad mood for a while. I don't like this house very much. If I want to move though, I have to act quick and I'm way too lazy for that shit.

Well, owning your home is crucial for ease of finances when you retire (IF you retire I guess haha) so consider yourself a success. I both hate my home and won't have it paid off when I hope to retire in 15 years or less, and the local home market sank into the shitter significantly since i bought it a couple of years ago..... so there is NO way I could sell and not lose serious ground in another place.

So I am actually a little envious! I should copypasta this into the Rustle my Jimmies thread.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I inherited my parents home, where I've lived since I was 11. I have no other plans but to die here as well, barring lottery winnings. I guess I became old at 11. :D

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
You start shitting your pants on accident

The easiest way to avoid shitting your pants on accident is to shit your pants on purpose! You gotta go proactive here! 💩:emoji_poop:

• 3Solidarity

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
The easiest way to avoid shitting your pants on accident is to shit your pants on purpose! You gotta go proactive here! 💩:emoji_poop:
Never thought about it that way. You're a glass half full kinda guy aren't you. I like the way you think.

• 1Worf

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Well, I've usually considered myself the Cheesburger type...

d19cd58134d8f13f6dc72990bc0f17d3.jpg

• 1Quality Calories

Haus

<Silver Donator>
You start shitting your pants on accident

This can happen really early in life too. At some point we all gamble on a fart and lose. I think old is more noted by the "walking fart" where you let out a chain of them as you walk. It's like power cropdusting.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Did you know that when airline stewardesses fart as they are walking down the plane aisle they call it cropdusting? It's a real thing.

• 1Worf