You know you're getting old when.....

TheYosh

Trakanon Raider
When you’re newly single and you’re confused about what the hell people are talking about with jargon like “simp”, and “incel”

Fucken lol, I can relate to that one. I was on a date and this was before the shit hit the fan with this whole covid thing, girl asked me what we should do... I have a pretty nice home theater system so I asked her if she wants to watch a movie at my place. I thought it was weird that she was thinking it through pretty hard and finally says okay. Get to my house, pull a movie up and literally watched a movie while I pretty much just had my arm around her.... while I'm driving her home (she has kids so had to go home to relieve sitter) she giggles and calls me "cute" and asked if I knew what netflix and chill was, said of course and that's when it hit me. I pretty much didn't think she was down to fuck but I fucked up and I always that you literally had to say "netflix and chill" when asking to fuck but apparently inviting a girl over for a movie is the same thing... sadly I did not get a chance to the dance with no pants with her and yes I'm a fucking loser.

• 5Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Mandriana

In the year 2020, not fucking a single mother on a first date will never make you a loser. Bullet dodged.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Age has finally done me in. Took my daughter to Six Flags today and felt like I was going to puke after Green Lantern. Figured it was just the mask we have to wear in the heat. Tried Superman and nearly lost it again. My Rollercoaster-warrior days are behind me 😠

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Brony
Reactions: 3 users

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
That Mission Space ride at Disney is what did me in. I used to be able to ride rides non-stop all day. I thought I was hardcore and rode the side that does more g-forces in a claustrophobic setting. My brain was jacked up the rest of the day and I haven't been able to do more than a couple of rides a day since

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
  • Society reaches a point of openness about its sexuality and you are all like "I liked it better when people respected their own privacy and kept that fucking shit to themselves."
  • You watch movies and if you see digital effects where practical effects (with a little cgi enhancement) could have been used you sigh and enjoy the movie a little less.
  • You are bored with digital effect action spectacles like Avengers and Star Wars
  • You listen to modern "Alternative" or "Rock" music and think "all these whiney assholes sound the fucking same." I don't just mean their voices, I mean the same bland dispassionate way they sing and play. (In my defense my teenage kids agree with me and would prefer to listen to Metallica, The Misfits, Anthrax, and the like... Goddamned I love those boys)
  • You look at every new game people are excited about and all you can think is "Seen it"
  • You prefer watching older crap movies you haven't seen over new movies you haven't seen because it looks like people actually give a shit about the movie they made even if it fails on every level
  • You remember when Science Fiction/Fantasy like Star Trek was about hope for the future and not just bad horror, action, or shitty commentary on today's society instead of presenting something nobler to aspire to
  • Your kids are teenagers and one is close to finishing high school
  • You miss when people actually watched movies/tv instead of just having something on while they use their phone/ipad/computer
  • You want to socialize with people and are considering going to church because people might be less judgemental towards you and less self-righteous about their beliefs
  • You see a gif like below and say "goddamned right"
giphy.gif

I feel really old today, I turn 45 soon...

• 7Like
  • 6Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Age has finally done me in. Took my daughter to Six Flags today and felt like I was going to puke after Green Lantern. Figured it was just the mask we have to wear in the heat. Tried Superman and nearly lost it again. My Rollercoaster-warrior days are behind me 😠

Don't give up! I don't know if it's just those 2 rides, but they did the same thing to me years ago. Other people too, when I went last time there were multiple puke piles right at the end of the Superman ride when it stops in the heat, but before it pulls back into the station. Like 5+ separate puke piles. This was back when it first opened and was probably more smooth. I blame the design :p

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Watching an older show and a guy says, "I'm in the phone book!"

I miss when the only calls I got were actually people who wanted to talk to me. Not scam me, collect "donations" from me, political spam, or calls from some health organization telling me not to gather in groups during a holiday weekend.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
When you realize that there are people old enough to drink legally, who were born AFTER Google was invented.... Who have never known of needing to go to a building where books were to "look something up". Try to describe how a card catalog works to someone in their 20's.....

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Playing witcher 3 on ps4, not very far but got the enhanced griffin gear, flashy and green. My 3yo notes I’m playing a very old man. True, but damn that’s cold.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
When you realize that there are people old enough to drink legally, who were born AFTER Google was invented.... Who have never known of needing to go to a building where books were to "look something up". Try to describe how a card catalog works to someone in their 20's.....

You're so full of shit. You never knew how a card catalog worked, you sure as hell don't know now. You weren't a library lady.

• 1Worf

Silver Knight of the Realm
I was about to post to refute this and then realized I'm in my 30s, bro. Fuck.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
When you’re newly single and you’re confused about what the hell people are talking about with jargon like “simp”, and “incel”

Move to Europe.

We a few years behind on all that, so reading this board enables being a trend-setter.

Except when it comes to clothing.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
When you find out this good looking girl you're eying is born in 1985 and you feel good since she's young. Then you do the math and realise she's 35 and that feels old. Then you remember you're in your 40s so she feels young again. Then you start to feel a bit confused, is 35 considered young or old? You remember when 35 was fucking ancient, and it feels like that was 2 years ago. In the end you don't know what to think any more, drop it, and go back to playing 90s games.

• 1Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
You're so full of shit. You never knew how a card catalog worked, you sure as hell don't know now. You weren't a library lady.
Knowing what these are and how to use them was pretty required when I was going to college, long before Wiki was a thing. My local library had a rudimentary database in place as an updated version of the card catalog on a computer that allowed you to search for generic terms, and it would reference book locations in the DDS. We still had the card catalog when I was in high school. I miss my youthful spirit where I once considered doing these things as "fun". Now I'm spending hours writing up search algorithms in SQL and I'm gaining no new knowledge in the process (other than how to become more efficient at searching for shit...).

Classes
000 – Computer science, information & general works
100 – Philosophy & psychology
200 – Religion
300 – Social sciences
400 – Language
500 – Pure Science
600 – Technology
700 – Arts & recreation
800 – Literature
900 – History & geography

Tables
T1 Standard Subdivisions
T2 Geographic Areas, Historical Periods, Biography
T3 Subdivisions for the Arts, for Individual Literatures, for Specific Literary Forms
T3A Subdivisions for Works by or about Individual Authors
T3B Subdivisions for Works by or about More than One Author
T3C Notation to Be Added Where Instructed in Table 3B, 700.4, 791.4, 808–809
T4 Subdivisions of Individual Languages and Language Families
T5 Ethnic and National Groups
T6 Languages

Also microfiche. The only movie I can remember that ever used microfiche was the original Batman (1989).

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Also microfiche. The only movie I can remember that ever used microfiche was the original Batman (1989).

I know microfiche was used in a lot of movies. Anytime a reporter or lawyer was shown researching they'd be at the library pouring through them. Like, I bet Erin brockovitch used them.