You know you're getting old when.....

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Does anyone actually do that shit? If sex presents itself but I was all sorry babe no nut November and all then that’s a new level of ultra cuck.

Nah you just claim to be participating in no nut November so chicks will try to tempt you. After you give them a pearl necklace you can be all like "damn baby you so hot you made me give up my deeply held conviction"

Brad2770

...you have pain so bad, you have to go to the Dr.

I hurt my back about 4 years ago. Nothing major, but I know some damage was done. It hurt on and off for the last 4 years, but nothing I couldn’t tolerate. Last Tuesday, it was so bad I couldn’t bend. I left work early and went to the Dr. He wanted to do an MRI and some blood work. I turned it down for now because our insurance at work is changing in March and I wanted to wait until then, plus I am scared of needles. I wasn’t psyched up to get stuck with one, so immediately rejected it.

“It’s ok Mr. 2770, they are small needles and the nurses are trained professionals.”

“Do you think it would change someone’s mind that was scared of flying if you said, “It’s ok Mr., it’s a small plane and the pilot is a trained professional.”

“Good point. Please do not put this off. I expect to see you in March.”

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I don't like needles either. The proper response to that should have been "Don't be a pussy. Sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

Then you could have countered with "At least distract me with a nice set of tits to play with"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
Why do today what I can put off until tomorrow?

Happy thought of the day: When you get older, all those little aches and pains can kill you. Get shit looked at so you'll actually have a tomorrow to procrastinate for.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I've never understood the fear of needles. I watch the needle go in to make sure they are doing a good job. And it fascinates me to see it. It barely even hurts. Pussies!

That being said, my mattress sucks and I'm getting old and out of shape, so every morning when I get out of bed I feel more and more like a turtle trapped on its back.

I also think I'm getting hip displacea (sp, and I know that's mainly for dogs/cats, but that's the only term I know to describe it) or something, because if I turn funny or, as mentioned above, try to get out of bed wrong, something tweaks in the pelvic area of my right leg/hip, and it is getting slightly worse and worse every time.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I've never understood the fear of needles. I watch the needle go in to make sure they are doing a good job. And it fascinates me to see it. It barely even hurts. Pussies!

That being said, my mattress sucks and I'm getting old and out of shape, so every morning when I get out of bed I feel more and more like a turtle trapped on its back.

I also think I'm getting hip displacea (sp, and I know that's mainly for dogs/cats, but that's the only term I know to describe it) or something, because if I turn funny or, as mentioned above, try to get out of bed wrong, something tweaks in the pelvic area of my right leg/hip, and it is getting slightly worse and worse every time.

I don't fear needles per se I fear my body's reaction to them.

Fear of needles - Vasovagal - Wikipedia

My dad has the same thing, last time I had a physical I warned the nurses first, they did bloodwork and a booster shot at the end of my appointment, and someone had to monitor me for like 20m afterwards. They wouldn't let me stand up or leave for more than half an hour. Fucking sucks.

Ironically my coping method of deep breaths to calm myself is the worst thing to do, I read a medical journal story that described the best treatment being behavior similar to fighter pilots. Flexing the leg and arm muscles to artifically boost blood pressure to prevent the blood pressure crash and black out.

Weirdly enough, the only needles that don't cause any problem are Novocaine shots into my mouth, even though I can see the needle inches from my face it doesn't cause the same effect. My theory is the mouth is desensitized to the sensation of a needle from eating various hard/sharp/crunchy foods.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I had an average of 2 needles a week for close to 2 years. I can't imagine what hell that would have been if not for only needing to not look for it to not bother me.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
if not for only needing to not look for it to not bother me.

Doesn't require me to see the needle, when I went the Nurses knew how to handle it. They had me lay down, did the booster/bloodwork at same time, one in each arm. They did the two needles simultaneously so I wouldn't have to deal with more than one "event" it didn't help.

I had an average of 2 needles a week for close to 2 years. I can't imagine what hell that would have been if not for only needing to not look for it to not bother me.

Oh if I ever get diabetes and have to self inject I'm mega fucked.

On the plus side it really helps keep me away from intravenous drug use.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
When you stop being surprised/annoyed by white hairs showing up everywhere on your body. Always had a few since my teens, but I have a salt & pepper thing going on now and they're spreading to everywhere else.

... and you think to yourself "At least there's still hair there"

Trust me, you'll get to that point... in due time.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
... and you think to yourself "At least there's still hair there"

Trust me, you'll get to that point... in due time.

I've been going increasingly bald for the better part of a decade. I'm into the "it's finally time to just shave it with a razor" territory.

Fucking genetics.

Brad2770

I don't fear needles per se I fear my body's reaction to them.

Fear of needles - Vasovagal - Wikipedia

My dad has the same thing, last time I had a physical I warned the nurses first, they did bloodwork and a booster shot at the end of my appointment, and someone had to monitor me for like 20m afterwards. They wouldn't let me stand up or leave for more than half an hour. Fucking sucks.

Ironically my coping method of deep breaths to calm myself is the worst thing to do, I read a medical journal story that described the best treatment being behavior similar to fighter pilots. Flexing the leg and arm muscles to artifically boost blood pressure to prevent the blood pressure crash and black out.

Weirdly enough, the only needles that don't cause any problem are Novocaine shots into my mouth, even though I can see the needle inches from my face it doesn't cause the same effect. My theory is the mouth is desensitized to the sensation of a needle from eating various hard/sharp/crunchy foods.

The link to the Vasovagal sounds like how I am, but I’m not sure about the decrease in blood pressure. I had a friend trying to help me get over my fear by going to donate plasma. They would never let me through because my heart rate and blood pressure was elevated beyond acceptable. I tried 5 times until they black listed me. I’m not allowed to try anymore. I can’t really explain the fear. I can look at a needle without freaking out. I can handle clothes pins and sewing needles; no problem. As soon as I think I’m going to get a shot or get stuck with a needle and I get anxious and uncomfortable. This is usually when I cancel trips to the Dr. or Dentist and tell myself I’ll go in a day or two and then I don’t go. I have already had a couple of moments where I thought about going in March and I might not go, especially if I’m not hurting.

I can’t explain it. This is beyond “don’t be a pussy”.

I cut off one of my fingers when I was four. Was in the hospital for a couple of weeks and was on IV that came out or had to be changed often. I hated it. It’s the only thing that has stuck with me from the age of 4 and I’m pretty sure that’s where it started.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I can watch movies with people getting decapitated or impaled with big shit, head shot off, whatever. But seeing small pokes, or stabs, even the thought of it just completely wiggs me out. It's like a straight up flight response, I get super uncomfortable, involuntary reactions, etc. I got diagnosed with a brain tumor back in 2001 and since then have had to get lots of bloodwork and MRIs with contrast, so lots of needles. I've never gotten any better with dealing with them. I always have to have some juice on hand, otherwise I start getting faint. I still try to give blood when I can, but I get DQ'd a lot from getting faint on the stupid finger prick before hand. It's stupid because I know it's just a small sting for a second, but I can't help it.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I've been going increasingly bald for the better part of a decade. I'm into the "it's finally time to just shave it with a razor" territory.

Fucking genetics.

I'm fighting that fight sir. Also thinning since my 20's. Almost 50 now. I give myself about 5 more desperate years.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm fighting that fight sir. Also thinning since my 20's. Almost 50 now. I give myself about 5 more desperate years.

I'm only in my late 30's. You're lucky to have kept it going that long.

I don't mind shaving my head except for needing to do it frequently so as to not mess up the ease of it by letting it grow too long, and I have the right shaped head for it. But, I really wish I had the hair I had as a younger guy.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm only in my late 30's. You're lucky to have kept it going that long.

I don't mind shaving my head except for needing to do it frequently so as to not mess up the ease of it by letting it grow too long, and I have the right shaped head for it. But, I really wish I had the hair I had as a younger guy.

My problem is a very considerable lump on top of my head I picked up in my hockey playing days....

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
A friend started a new job and have co-workers who are 19-24. I was invited to go out drinking with all of them and I opted for drinking at home in my comfortable chair whilst watching a documentary.

I have no regrets.

• 1Solidarity

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

Hip dysplasia is usually a congenital condition (born with it) and you would probably know it due to having a shorter leg or frequent dislocations etc. It's basically where the cup (pelvis) is too shallow to cover the ball (thigh bone).

hip-dysplasia-symtoms.jpg

If it's actually related to the hip joint, the pain will be in the groin. If it's in the back, buttocks or side, then it is almost definitely not the hip joint itself. The most common bone disorders with the hip are osteoarthritis, labral tears, femoroacetabular impingement, avascular necrosis of the femoral head (long term steroid use or drug use can cause this). If you're having pain in the groin, the first thing I would recommend is a hip xray.

You can also have issues with the hip flexors (iliopsoas). These are the muscles that control flexion of the hip, ie bringing your knee towards your chest. See the link below:
Hip Strains - OrthoInfo - AAOS

If you're having pain on the side of the hip (which is actually the thigh) that's most commonly trochanteric bursitis and can be treated with stretching, heat, NSAIDs, injections. Can often stem from tightness in the lower back.

A tight IT band (iliotibial band) can also cause this, as you can see it puts pressure on the trochanteric bursa.

shutterstock_662497660-600x546.jpg

Anyway, go get evaluated, get an xray, start some stretching, see if that helps.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hip dysplasia is usually a congenital condition (born with it) and you would probably know it due to having a shorter leg or frequent dislocations etc. It's basically where the cup (pelvis) is too shallow to cover the ball (thigh bone).

This is correct. I deliver medical devices to orthopedic surgery patients, and I had a 17 year old girl on her second hip surgery due to hip dysplasia.

On the needle topic, I won't watch them jab it in, but I will watch my blood flow into those tubes.