You know you're getting old when.....

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I have gout, so I can't eat shellfish, or red meat, or most seafood, or high fructose corn syrup....

Also if I'm awake, I'm usually in pain. From reading about all these mattresses I finally broke down and shelled out for a new one myself. My current one is like 11 years old.

rofl, auto correct FTL

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kinner

Clear eyes. Full Hearts. Can't lose.
I have gout, so I can't eat shellfish, or red meat, or most seafood, or high fructose corn syrup....

Also if I'm awake, I'm usually in pain. From reading about all these mattresses I finally broke down and shelled out for a new one myself. My current one is like 11 years old.
I too have gout. Add dark cherry pills /extract or just eat 5 of dark cherries a day and watch your pain go away. Those things are a miracle worker. I can't eat papa John's or pizza hut or I get a guaranteed flare up, other pizza joints I'm fine at.

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
...you have pain so bad, you have to go to the Dr.

I hurt my back about 4 years ago. Nothing major, but I know some damage was done. It hurt on and off for the last 4 years, but nothing I couldn’t tolerate. Last Tuesday, it was so bad I couldn’t bend. I left work early and went to the Dr. He wanted to do an MRI and some blood work. I turned it down for now because our insurance at work is changing in March and I wanted to wait until then, plus I am scared of needles. I wasn’t psyched up to get stuck with one, so immediately rejected it.

“It’s ok Mr. 2770, they are small needles and the nurses are trained professionals.”

“Do you think it would change someone’s mind that was scared of flying if you said, “It’s ok Mr., it’s a small plane and the pilot is a trained professional.”

“Good point. Please do not put this off. I expect to see you in March.”

my X had the same thing about 4 years ago. she slipped going down the stairs (no, i didn't push her), and had a hair line fracture on the transverse processes(sp?), the little spikes on your vertebra that muscles attach to that allow you to twist and turn. after a few weeks, it mostly went away. 2-3x a year she would get a steroid shot. then one day, completely debilitating. fire pain down her leg, can't move. see dr and say fix asap.

when she fell, the must have damaged the disk, and part of it eventually broke off. to get rid of it, the body surrounds that chunk w/ flesh and blood vessels to make it dissolve. slowly, more flesh and blood vessels. the problem is that this new grown can push against the nerve. and once it's big enough to, then you think you're dying. cut her open, cut out that chunk and excess blood vessels, she's 100% a few days later.

• 1Like

Brad2770

my X had the same thing about 4 years ago. she slipped going down the stairs (no, i didn't push her), and had a hair line fracture on the transverse processes(sp?), the little spikes on your vertebra that muscles attach to that allow you to twist and turn. after a few weeks, it mostly went away. 2-3x a year she would get a steroid shot. then one day, completely debilitating. fire pain down her leg, can't move. see dr and say fix asap.

when she fell, the must have damaged the disk, and part of it eventually broke off. to get rid of it, the body surrounds that chunk w/ flesh and blood vessels to make it dissolve. slowly, more flesh and blood vessels. the problem is that this new grown can push against the nerve. and once it's big enough to, then you think you're dying. cut her open, cut out that chunk and excess blood vessels, she's 100% a few days later.

I’ll be getting it fixed. Much better insurance and much more affordable deductible. Just gotta wait until March. I have some Neproxen that has been working great. No real pain and barely uncomfortable.

SyKicK

Trakanon Raider
When you get your hearing tested and they tell you that you need a hearing aid. Fuckkkkk. (Knew it was coming but its still a kick in the balls)

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I too have gout. Add dark cherry pills /extract or just eat 5 of dark cherries a day and watch your pain go away. Those things are a miracle worker. I can't eat papa John's or pizza hut or I get a guaranteed flare up, other pizza joints I'm fine at.

I take Uloric 40mg daily, and haven't had a flare up in almost a year. Some weird stuff will kick it off though.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Me before my Christmas vacation starts: I'm going to play all these games during my nice, quiet relaxing Christmas vacation.

Me during my Christmas vacation: maybe I can squeeze in 30 minutes of gaming in between all the shopping, visiting friends and relatives, activities, cooking, eating, and all the other god damn crap I have to do now that I'm an adult who has a friends, a family, obligations and responsibilities.

• 4Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I ate like six cookies and thought, "that's enough cookies"

so I'm either getting old or spontaneously transitioning.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I'm taking about 90% of the sweets and cookies I got for Christmas to work once I'm through. Let them get fat, not me! :D

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
When for the second year in a row someone you knew well and really liked through your work passes away, and they're within 5 years of your age.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
When a Presidential hopeful (Tulsi Gabbard) is younger than you are (born in 1981).

• 2Like

iannis

Musty Nester
When a Presidential hopeful (Tulsi Gabbard) is younger than you are (born in 1981).

FEELS BAD MAN.

... When you see someone pull up in a car straight out of the movie Brazil, then you have to ask her if she's ever seen the movie brazil, then she smiles and says no.

Then you realize that movie came out well before she was born and you might as well have asked her if she's ever seen Casablanca.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Beer, wine, and whiskey all make me feel like crap the next day. Even if it was just one drink on a full stomach with plenty of hydration.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like