You know you're getting old when.....

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm fat and I sleep on my side the same way I have since I was a kid. In movies and tv, everyone sleeps on their backs like a corpse. Does anyone really sleep that way?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

I'm fat and I sleep on my side the same way I have since I was a kid. In movies and tv, everyone sleeps on their backs like a corpse. Does anyone really sleep that way?
read that back is really only good if in great health. know 2 women that sleep on their backs and it is so strange to me, one reads the other knits, once they get done, just put the book/yarn to the side and poof asleep, not moving.
i flip from side to side to stomach constantly all night unless using sleep aids. only way i can sleep on my back is with pillows to my sides.

• 2Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm a side sleeper as well. Top end memory foam/gel mattress and in the last month I've started getting some pain in my right hip. I'm still in denial that it's because I'm in my mid 50's and arthritis runs in my family... So let's blame the mattress. ;)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i have nordic covid and i've been suckin on cough drops and i sneezed and i don't know where it went, and i just pray that its stuck behind a wall somewhere and not in my lungs

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

astgte

Trakanon Raider
read that back is really only good if in great health. know 2 women that sleep on their backs and it is so strange to me, one reads the other knits, once they get done, just put the book/yarn to the side and poof asleep, not moving.
i flip from side to side to stomach constantly all night unless using sleep aids. only way i can sleep on my back is with pillows to my sides.
I’m like a washing machine turning all through the night but always end up on a side usually looking out of the bed rather than inward. I’ve also know a couple of women like that, put book down or phone and out cold on their back like a dead body? Also one who slept on her front, that was actually more weird 🤔

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm a side sleeper as well. Top end memory foam/gel mattress and in the last month I've started getting some pain in my right hip. I'm still in denial that it's because I'm in my mid 50's and arthritis runs in my family... So let's blame the mattress. ;)
Check if you top leg crosses over your bottom leg when sleeping on your side. As your hips get older this can cause some joint pain in the hip.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
i have nordic covid and i've been suckin on cough drops ...
season 3 youre a fucking pussy GIF by Shameless

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Check if you top leg crosses over your bottom leg when sleeping on your side. As your hips get older this can cause some joint pain in the hip.
Yeah, checked that and even tried one of those stupid pillows that goes between your legs to help and it didn't help.....

I'm bracing myself for finding out that my youthful love of playing goaltender (with the subsequent hip and groin pulls/injuries) is combining with my genetics to cause issues...

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i have nordic covid and i've been suckin on cough drops and i sneezed and i don't know where it went, and i just pray that its stuck behind a wall somewhere and not in my lungs
how does an asian get a nordic cold? are you a viking samurai?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You all need to get a sleep study done
my first girlfriend was a weird sleeper, she curled up into a little ball and slept like that. i would be a dick and pull the covers up over her head so she would wake up not knowing where the fuck she was. my drunk ex would curl her arms and legs in with mine and we slept like a pretzel. other girlfriends did the normal fetal thing.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I sleep mostly on my back, but some on my side. When I sleep on my side I pull a handful of covers between my knees. Both work for me. I'm also the kind of sleeper that doesn't move in my sleep. If I get uncomfortable I wake up, move, then try hard to go back to sleep.

I've had insomnia my whole life. So people who just go POOF, I'm asleep drive me absolutely crazy. But only because I'm jealous. I typically get 4-5 hours a night. 6 is like luxury.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I sleep mostly on my back, but some on my side. When I sleep on my side I pull a handful of covers between my knees. Both work for me. I'm also the kind of sleeper that doesn't move in my sleep. If I get uncomfortable I wake up, move, then try hard to go back to sleep.

I've had insomnia my whole life. So people who just go POOF, I'm asleep drive me absolutely crazy. But only because I'm jealous. I typically get 4-5 hours a night. 6 is like luxury.
if i get 5 hours sleep its like a vacation. 3-4 hours here. i just lay in bed til its time to get up.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

I stay up way too late almost every night, and I'm so exhausted that I'm probably asleep within 2 or 3 minutes of closing my eyes. I can do the same with a nap (2-3 hours) in the afternoon after work. However, if I were to take a nap and then try to go to sleep at 10pm or something, I would lie there too. But with my typical 4-6 hours every night, I am asleep in moments.

The real "getting old" thing for me though is that I'll stay up way too late all week, and then on Friday night I'll be so fucking exhausted that I might go to bed by 10 or 11pm, which is way earlier than the weeknights.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users