misty_mood___leonid_afremov_by_leonidafremov-d2k3jaw.jpg

and Vladimir Volegov.

Sun Drenched Garden

V_V229825.jpg

and Malta Waterfront

vladimir-volegov-vladimir-volegov-malta-waterfront-painting-1349023948_org.jpg

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Alex Ross' work is fantastic, my favorite stuff is his Batman Joker etc art. I think he shows lighting in black and white better than about anyone.

screens212.jpg

screens210.jpg

Sledge

Trakanon Raider

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I think my lady friend would really like this one, any idea where to get a print? I went here:The official online virtual gallery of Leonid Afremov here you can order original oil paintings directly from the world renown artist Leonid Afremov1

But going by the reviews it seems as if they are actually repainted to be like the original and shipped out. Seems odd.
Wow.. I never realized how famous this guy really was at the time. I went to college with his son, Boris (seriously), and met him once. He helped finance a short film I produced, that Boris did camera work on. Nice guy, his son, VERY thick Russian accent too. It was almost comical how stereotypically Russian he was when you first meet him, but really a very nice guy. I'm pretty sure I'm still friends with him on facebook, but I never see him post anymore.
I'm not sure if it's the case with the one you are talking about, but part of his whole appeal is the technique he uses. He only paints with a palette knife, no brushes. He just kinda plops the paint onto the canvas with the knife. So, it's possible he painted more 'replicas' of the same thing, rather then just do prints, so you'd get the textured look.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Oh, and I've never been a huge fan of 'normal' art, always seemed a little boring. I enjoy a lot of fantasy/sci-fi art, the more intricate the better, the Ravnica lands (basics and shocks, and both original and return to ravnica) from MTG are some of my favorite art ever for this reason. I wish I could find a wallpaper of all of them, but trying to google them oftens only finds me a couple. I'd put some of them up as art in my house if I had lithographs.
As far as 'real' artists go, I've always liked Dali and Escher style stuff. Surprised Escher hadn't been mentioned yet, since Dali was. Escher's stuff is kind of old hat now, there's people who have taken his concepts further by now, but I still respect and enjoy it for being the original. Sort of like how Kraftwerk pioneered electronic music, but they aren't as intricate or refined as someone like Daft Punk now
rrr_img_91616.jpg

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm not sure what my favorite would be but this one is up there. This was the cover to the first fantasy novel (The Coldfire Trilogy) I read as a young adult and I was hooked from that day forward.

tarrantsrealm.jpg

And with a son due in a couple months this piece from a friend of mine is definitely one of my favorites now also.

rrr_img_91689.jpg

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I think my lady friend would really like this one, any idea where to get a print? I went here:The official online virtual gallery of Leonid Afremov here you can order original oil paintings directly from the world renown artist Leonid Afremov1

But going by the reviews it seems as if they are actually repainted to be like the original and shipped out. Seems odd.
It's not odd: He redoes his own work. The reproductions are less expensive, since he isn't making exact copies but they are still painted by hand. The originals are way more expensive, more like $1500 to $3000 and up to $25k, than the repros he sells for $150. I love his work; I am going to get a couple today.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Man this is a hell of a picture.. Did quote but - thanks for posting it...

rrr_img_91947.jpg

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Man this is a hell of a picture.. Did quote but - thanks for posting it...

rrr_img_91947.jpg
rrr_img_91960.jpg

rrr_img_91961.jpg

I bought these three on sale. Since these are actual oil paintings as opposed to glicee prints, I may survive my wife's wrath.
smile.png
This really made my day! Thanks again for recommending him.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Well.. this is probably shitty timing, but Leonid Afremov just posted this on facebook today:
"Only today buy this listing, and then email me ([email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */) the names of ANY 3 paintings that you like to have and I will send them to you , at total price of 198$ for 3 art works
The offer valid for any paintings listed on afremov.com accept the large sizes and one of a kind originals
Nor valid with any coupons and other discounts" Link to his profile:https://www.facebook.com/afremovart?fref=nf
Don't know if the post was for friends only or not.
rrr_img_92134.jpg

p.s. he does stuff like this every so often, so if you miss this one, I suggest adding him as a friend if you are thinking of buying some of his art in the future.