Your Favorite Painting/Artist?

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The artist who painted these went on to have a pretty badass career. Albeit not in the arts. Probably why he went out as so many artists do, by committing suicide.

HitlerPicture_1725391c.jpg

xnbfJZnc.jpg.pagespeed.ic.aLq_axrwqS.jpg

The_Courtyard_of_the_Old_Residency_in_Munich_-_Adolf_Hitler.jpg

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
sorry if I shit up too much of a storm. outside of contemporary anything rococo or romanticism.

If its fair game
Straight to the point @1030
Takato+Yamamoto1207352320607.jpg

Takato Yamamoto

and Liu Bolin is legit
Never heard of Yamamoto before, but this dude issick. Loving this stuff a ton, but looks hard to find any of it for sale.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've seen this in person and it's really impressive.

Always been a big fan of Dali. Surrealism is great. Some great surreal art posted by Nester already in this thread.

rrr_img_90935.jpg

rrr_img_90936.jpg

rrr_img_90937.jpg

rrr_img_90938.jpg

The ridiculously long battle mural in one of the hallways at El Escorial is also awesome.

img_1225.jpg

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Was actually going to post A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte but Abe beat me to it. Got to see it in person and completely blew me away.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Never heard of Yamamoto before, but this dude issick. Loving this stuff a ton, but looks hard to find any of it for sale.
Yeah, I don't think he has much critical acclaim. Buut I'm sure your googlefu pulled the same results. I have a few of his books.
Takato Yamamoto Art | AkaTako.net - Contemporary Japanese Art Shop
and a body of work with some citation
Takato Yamamoto, The Heisei Esthiticism style | Pseudo Ape

And just for shits, 'similar' eroguro artists, because love.

Shintaro Kago(Recently Collab Fly Lo, abit more pop,seizure warning?)

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I like william turner for his fiery skies, but I don't know much about painters. I watched a docu or two but I forgot most of it. Neat stuff in this thread, moar

Palum

what Suineg set it to
There's lots of good art, but as boring and simple as some of his pictures are, I always liked Kinkade. His ability to paint light sources always intrigued me, of course it didn't hurt that he was so prolific. I wouldn't say any particular pieces I've seen are masterpieces, though.

rrr_img_90962.jpg