Your guilty pleasure movies

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dunno, I don't know a single person that doesn't like it. Hell, people drop a "Would you like to know more?" fairly regularly.

Guilty pleasures are usually movies everyone hates I would think. Avatar the last Airbender - That's a guilty pleasure for some people I'm sure cause 99.9% of the rest of the world hated it.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I guess it gets into semantics. My theory is it's the best guilty pleasure movie there is. It is objectively not a great movie, but despite that many (most?) people enjoy it. It uses every trope known to man, has next to nothing to do with the source material, has a lot of painful dialogue or scenes, etc. but despite that it is endearing as all fuck.

Is something a guilty pleasure because of most other people not liking it, or because of being generally bombed by critics? Or some other metric?

Despite Starship Troopers being pretty popular in the nerd-circles and beyond, I would still classify it as a guilty pleasure. Whereas some of the examples in this thread sure never would pass as that :p

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think guilty pleasure just means you are embarrassed to tell people that you like it, not that it's an objectively bad movie. I'm not a fan of the movie "Silver Linings Playbook" but if I was it would be a guilty pleasure for me despite the fact that it was a best picture nominee because I'm not a rom-com kind of guy. Ditto for something like "Frozen" even though it was highly acclaimed.

I would not be telling a woman on a first date about my love for Frozen and Silver Linings Playbook even though both are considered good movies.

Nuttin_sl

shitlord
https://youtu.be/you86-CKNtI

My guilty pleasure movie of all time has to be the movie I have seen the most.
"The Fearless Vampire killers" by and with Roman Polanski.

Vampires has fascinated people for ages and I have after having seen this movie for like 100+ times, come to the conclusion that all vampires are in fact gay / bisexuals, this is a fact that when stated usually drives people who are into live roleplaying / cosplay into a frenzy, shit if I know why though, it should be obvious that if your a male vampire that sucks on another man, that there are not only a "little" gay tendencies there, now I dont have anything against homosexuals / or bisexuals for that matter, infact as many of the gay men are good looking men, I as a middle age man with the start of a pot belly is glad that alot of guys are gay, wish there were more of them, hell I wish you all were.

And a "menage a trois" with 2 women is much nicer if the women actually dare touching each other.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Mine were usually really bad B movies but here's a few; Cherry 2000, Ice Pirates, old Godzilla movies, Logan's Run, Wizards, Steel Dawn, etc. I occasionally will take them out of my video library and just fire them up.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Signs. Not for it's plot, but for the way the plot was teased out. Much like Blair Witch in a sense, which I suppose is also a guilty pleasure of mine. It's not that these movies were great or even all-around complete or Best Picture worthy or whatever in their totality, it's just that they both represent a paradigm shift in movie-making itself. They sort of found a mixture that hadn'tquitebeen found before. In both movies I can plainly see that they burnt the chicken, but I can also appreciate the skill and understanding that went in to the original spice mix they had going on the chicken to begin with, before they burnt it.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Mine were usually really bad B movies but here's a few; Cherry 2000, Ice Pirates, old Godzilla movies, Logan's Run, Wizards, Steel Dawn, etc. I occasionally will take them out of my video library and just fire them up.
Nice list, watched Cherry 2000 a bunch as well as Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone, Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn, Hell Comes to Frogtown, Krull and a few others like these.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I don't think some of the most classic movies in history count as "guilty pleasures" there sir.

Someone said Not Another Teen Movie... I tend to not like most of those comedies that came out around then but that one works for me. Which is ironic since I was homeschooled and shouldn't be able to relate at all.

"We're related!"

"ONLY BY BLOOD"
I watch probably less than 100 hours of TV/Movies a year. So they are all basically guilty pleasures. I've seen very few of the movies listed in this thread.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
TNT/TBS used to run it all the time back in the day.

When I was young, I never could figure out if the beastmaster was supposed to be blind. Something about the way he acted. Honestly, it's been so long since I've seen it, I can't say for sure even now.

Also, LOL at the ferrets showing up when they said he was a great lover in the trailer.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Halloween H20, Lake Placid, Evolution, Resident Evil 1+2, The Covenant. Sadly, I'm willing to bet I've seen any one of those movies more than all people in this thread combined. Ruts, I like 'em.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Gotta put "Clash of the Titans" on the list (the original), and one of my all time favorite guilty pleasure movies, "Return of the Living Dead."

Caliane

like everyone of those is a massive cult hit. did you like "The Pirate movie" as well? or maybe the little known movies, Clue ,and rockie horror picture show?