Your guilty pleasure movies

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Demolition Man.
Stallone Judge Dread.
Commando (This is borderline, is it old enough to be good now? Because it was mega cheese when I was young).
Rocky 4 and 3.
Wing Commander.
The Wizard.
(Below is mostly so bad its good).
Mario Brothers.
Wicker Man (New one, with the bees.)

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Demolition Man.
Stallone Judge Dread.
Commando (This is borderline, is it old enough to be good now? Because it was mega cheese when I was young).
Rocky 4 and 3.
Wing Commander.
The Wizard.
(Below is mostly so bad its good).
Mario Brothers.
Wicker Man (New one, with the bees.)
Blasphemy! Do not speak ill of Commando!

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Commando is the mega cheese of the mega cheese. It is also Arnold's greatest work.

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm with a few others here with Starship Troopers.
Is Rambo First Blood too good to be fall into the guilty pleasure mold? Constantine too.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I didn't read the whole thread, but The Last Starfighter is fucking terrible, but I just can't turn that shit off.

Also Bubble Boy - Words just can't explain. Fabio. An early Galifianakis makes an appearance. One of Gyllenhaal's best.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Walk Hard: The Story of Dewey Cox
Robin Hood: Men in Tights (pretty much anything by Mel Brooks)

More serious note: Catch Me If You Can, Count of Monte Cristo

Honorable Mentions: American Pie 1 & 2, Van Wilder, Can't Hardly Wait.

Tried to leave out big time movies... Lord of the Rings / Harry Potter level stuff. I have several movies on my DVR that I can watch pretty well anytime and get a entertainment fix. Really just tried to pick my more obscure choices.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Ok wow.. thought this was a fun, suggestive type of post and got neg'd and everything lol.

My obscure comment was in regards to seeing a lot of obvious choices in addition to blockbusters and multi-million dollar budget movies in people's list. And to the neg comment, yes, I know what a guilty pleasure movie is by definition but you might need to understand context a little.

Based on the pages, it appeared people were really sharing their guilty pleasure movies at a more personal, localized comparison and not necessarily based on the general populous. My list was really just saying this is what I watch for a good time, not many others care much for them, and they're not something that either had a large budget or on any kind of Oscar's watch but yeah, i'm kind of ashamed I enjoy them as everyone looks at me like i'm from Mars when they see them on my DVR list.

Anyway, obscure was probably a poor choice of words but was just saying I was trying to think of movies that were not commonly listed.

I can't believe I had left out some of my favorites though...

A Mighty Wind
Mighty Python and The Holy Grail
Death at A Funeral

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I give a pass to Men in Tights, it took years for people to properly appreciate that film.
Sad truth... sad truth
frown.png

dangler_sl

shitlord
Instead of "Your Guilty Pleasure Movies" thread, maybe it should be worded "Movies that you love that you feel bad admitting that you love" Thread.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Ok, I think this one checks the appropriate boxes for everyone's definition. This movie cracks me the fuck up.