Expansions - Velious max
Progression or Full Release - Progression
Red or Blue - Red
Transportation - Classic
Soul Binders - None
Additional Details -

yraapt_sl

shitlord
A multi-server progression. New accounts start on the classic era server. Then through some form of personal progression the account gets transferred to the kunark era server...

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I really like the idea of removing no drop tags (except on epic items, and possibly other long quest related items).

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of the differences between the various clients? I know the clients after Titanium do not have coin weight, and calculate hp differently (Giving you more hp and thus making EQ easier...) which I dislike. I'm under the impression that Titanium does not have a raid window but that might just be a P99 thing.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I really like the idea of removing no drop tags (except on epic items, and possibly other long quest related items).

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of the differences between the various clients? I know the clients after Titanium do not have coin weight, and calculate hp differently (Giving you more hp and thus making EQ easier...) which I dislike. I'm under the impression that Titanium does not have a raid window but that might just be a P99 thing.
P99 has a lot of client tweaks to make the game more 'classic' than Titanium normally is.

Titanium is considered the 'middle ground' in terms of classic clients. It has all the features that are considered classic still coded in, except there is no need to rewrite the netcode to get a client to connect and it has fullscreen/windowed options. As a downside, it has some windows that are displayable that shouldn't be in classic like the map window.

Trilogy is the 'holy grail' of classic. EQClassic's client is dated right before Luclin came out. This means Beastlords are missing from the client and almost everything is 'how you remember it'. The downside is it's a bitch and a half to get working on modern PCs due to its outdated version of DirectX, not many people can get it on pirate bay due to its current popularity within EQEmulator, and it has no windowed mode option. Not to mention there's not an EQEmulator server with all the opcodes and structures figured out beyond EQClassic's codebase which does have it working.

Underfoot is a crash happy piece of shit that everyone seems to like. It has graphics corruption on relogging to server select, it has memory leaks, yet, it still performs performance wise the best out of all clients. The only benefit is it has more modern EQ features and thus has some ease of life features built into it like alt currency windows, xtarget window, etc. It's basically a MQ2-user's dream.

Seeds of Destruction is my personal favorite. While rare, and had to be obtained from Steam and not patched, it has the old graphics library, and has the ability to be hacked to support all EQ zones, even modern EQ zones/races if you load them from EQLive using DLL injection. The downside to this client is the highpass zone is missing entirely and has to be hacked in, a lot of the features in this client do not work, and due to its rarity/availability, not many people have it as an option short of you providing it to them which could give any project legality issues as was the case with Winter's Roar and Scorpious2k.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy shit, this guy. I thought I knew a lot about EQ.

Professor Secrets' class is now in session.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Template:
Client - Underfoot
Style - Semi Classic
XP Rate - 150%
Spawn Timers - No Variance for raid mobs. Semi spawn-able explained below
Difficulty - Full Raids
Boxing - 2
Expansions - Planes of Power
Progression or Full Release - Slow Progression
Red or Blue - Blue, just don't think there are enough people interested to make red a possibility. Tallon zek was my original server from 1999-2003 or so. Loved it but the population was massive. I think it would require 1500+ players to give that feeling again which won't happen on red.
Transportation - Per expansion rules
Soul Binders - Yes in starting cities. Why not? Poor melees
Additional Details - Here's a funny thought. I actually agreed with one thing that Kegz said for his server. I actually like the idea of guilds being able to instance or spawn their raid content. Not as fast or as often as they spawn naturally but something.

I loved EQlive's progression servers. I played on both and was in the top guilds. My main problem with the servers was the time the expansions released was too fast and that too many people got locked out of content. I understand that is how it was back in the day but today people have too much knowledge of the content and they want to see content without being in a hardcore guild.

The solution to me is to add the ability to either spawn an instanced zone or just spawn the boss given to the leader of the guild. On the legends server they had a GM come out and test your guild to make sure you could kill soandso mob and when you passed, you were given rotation rights. I think something similar could work. Guild leader ask for a gm test on a boss. Once the test is passed, that guild leader would have the ability to either spawn an instanced zone or boss for his guild. I think the details could be hammered out but I like this idea a lot.

Some won't like this because it brings more loot into the game ect but those things can be ironed out. The whole idea is that so many people that played on Fippy and Combine never got to see the content they set out to or they saw the content 3 expansions late and it ruined that experience. P99 players experience something similar and many don't like it.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Client - Titanium.
Style - Semi Classic. (Classic everything but class balance tweeks from Luc/PoP)
XP Rate - 100%
Spawn Timers - No Variance. Faster.
Difficulty - Full Raids.
Boxing - No Boxing.
Expansions - PoP
Progression or Full Release - Progression.
Red or Blue - Blue
Transportation - Classic.
Soul Binders - None.

Additional Details - Pretty much what I want is classic mechanics, so classic porting, classic buying/selling, Classic classes. But with PoP content, and PoP class balance. I love AA's, well, before they became absurd. And I think they helped a lot with class balance. But I also liked how things worked overall in Velious the best.

So I'd have the game almost precisely as it was in Velious, except with the changes AA's brought, and the content up through PoP--and the notable "Class based" fixes in Luclin PoP (Like the small buffs to certain classes, the nerfs to others, in order to get them all functioning in a strong, defined way--which is something velious lacked--lulz monks or shamans.)...But I'd leave out all the other garbage like the TLC, or "recommended levels".

Tulain_sl

shitlord
Client: EQ Trilogy
Boxing: 2 max

Titanium is Just too far from Classic. The only thing I like is the new water. The fact that it doesn't work with classic spell effects makes me hate the client. You cannot call it classic without those working. The shadows never looked good either.

I would love to remaster the classic midis into mp3s then have classic zones play those instead of the midi.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd just nominate Zorbee to select how the server worked, that would work well right, Zaide?

He still rants about you and PO on Facebook at times.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Who is Zorbee? Lol.
iceburn.gif

kudos

<Banned>
EQ up to Velious. Don't need anything else. Exactly the same as it was at the time.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Whats EQ? Is that some lame hardcore mmo before WoW only nerds play?

I've gotta focus on getting all the happy v-day love & children's day achieves for my 4th alt, no time for any of that.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Who is Zorbee? Lol.
You don't remember Zorbee the Bunny Slayer the very annoying High Elf Paladin?

Or did I get confused about your older names? Thought you were the Iksar Warrior GL of PO that was some unrememberably complex name, no? (Keaedian or something bizarre like that?)

But yea, Zorbee's best forgotten it seems most people on the Stromm boards can't even when they want to though, was memorable in a "most obnoxious person on server" kind of way.