Your Ideal EQ Server

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
What I would love to see is if a custom server and P99 had a bastard child. Essentially, the bug fixing and overall polish (for EQEmu at least) that P99 has, but with a custom take on classic EQ. Just wipe all the items and NPCs and re-do it by scratch. Uber loot every 5 feet in Lower Guk but not a single fucking named in Blackburrow? Fix that shit. Get rid of hybrid penalties. Redesign classes to be more interesting (for example, shamans have no direct heals, only efficient HoTs). Add more raid mobs, and give them interesting scripts to bring Luclin+ style raiding to classic.

Basically, I love classic EQ but I've played that shit so many times and it's pretty flawed/boring by today's standards. Give me a new game to discover, but keep it classic EQ.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Isn't that shards?

I have not logged on that server in YEARS but I seem to remember they actually redid spells, zones, mobs, aa's...the whole deal. new quests and all that. I only played for a bit but it was essentially a redone eq

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Isn't that shards?

I have not logged on that server in YEARS but I seem to remember they actually redid spells, zones, mobs, aa's...the whole deal. new quests and all that. I only played for a bit but it was essentially a redone eq
My thought exactly.

Shards of Dalayaif you've never checked it out. I played there a little and enjoyed it.

Reiker

How the fuck do you guys consider Shards of Dalaya a "classic" server? It's so fucking custom the zones don't even connect the same way, and there's 2000 hp 2000 mana loot. It's about as far away from what I said as you could possibly get.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
What I would love to see is if a custom server and P99 had a bastard child. Essentially, the bug fixing and overall polish (for EQEmu at least) that P99 has, but with a custom take on classic EQ. Just wipe all the items and NPCs and re-do it by scratch.
That is what you said, and that is what SoD basically is. I didnt say you would like it.

Reiker

So, my only response to you is to repeat what I just said earlier. There's nothing "classic" feeling about SoD whatsoever. SoD has 2000 HP loot, its own lore, its own map, its own custom everything It turns EverQuest into a completely different game. I'm not looking for a different game, I'm looking for a reworking of EverQuest.

SoD was pretty fun a few years ago. Nowadays I can't really recommend it unless you have 17 other friends to do the 18 man raid content with. After nearly 10 years of SoD being around, they've added raid tier after raid tier and the mudflation is out of control. If you're going to jump into SoD now, all you can really do is level up to 60 and quit. The level of gear you can farm at level 60, even dual boxing, is maybe a max of 100 hp / 100 mana. If you want to join a raiding guild, everyone has 10x your stats so they're going to have to hold your hand and replace all of your gear before you can even be considered an asset to a raid (which are all capped at 18 players). This means that you'll never progress past getting level 60 unless you know and are friends with someone in a raid guild, since the only people they're recruiting are friends. And you're never going to just randomly meet someone in a raid guild and become their friend, since even if they're leveling new characters they're not going to be grouping with randoms due to how insane powerleveling can get with that level of gear and spells.

If you had 17 other friends though, SoD will be really damn fun. You can do adepts while leveling up and you can work your way up through all the amazing raid content. Otherwise, you're going to be disappointed.

Anyways, way off topic.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
idk what my ideal server is, but i do wish i could just pick one existing server to play on! my server ADD is seriously holding me back

fuck