Your Own Photography

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
That Tamron lens is kind of tempting, still a pretty large chunk of cash but for the distance it can zoom and the sample photos I saw it works great.

Moonball Moonball : I discovered that Cornell Lab of Ornithology has a free app in the Apple/android store called Merlin that has a bunch of bird calls and photos for identification purposes. I put a portable speaker out on my balcony area and started using it's bird song/call recordings for cardinals. Turns out the birds will actually respond and chatter back or even come to investigate even though it's a recording. Going to try my luck and use it at a local prairie preserve next weekend to see what I can get to come around. You should give it a shot and see what's in your area.

edit: Female/Male that came to visit our balcony after using the call.
oi6bexU.jpg

V9CNnQc.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Moonball

Lord Nagafen Raider
That Tamron lens is kind of tempting, still a pretty large chunk of cash but for the distance it can zoom and the sample photos I saw it works great.

Moonball Moonball : I discovered that Cornell Lab of Ornithology has a free app in the Apple/android store called Merlin that has a bunch of bird calls and photos for identification purposes. I put a portable speaker out on my balcony area and started using it's bird song/call recordings for cardinals. Turns out the birds will actually respond and chatter back or even come to investigate even though it's a recording. Going to try my luck and use it at a local prairie preserve next weekend to see what I can get to come around. You should give it a shot and see what's in your area.

edit: Female/Male that came to visit our balcony after using the call.
View attachment 141123
View attachment 141124
Cool, I'll have to check that out, crazy thunderstoms right now...:p

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
if you were wondering, a 70cm fall can break your Nikon D810 into pieces, even when in its protective bag.

• 2Triggered
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Moonball

Lord Nagafen Raider
if you were wondering, a 70cm fall can break your Nikon D810 into pieces, even when in its protective bag.

Tell me you didn't break you D810? I dropped my D800E on the sandy/pebble shore of a stream when I tripped crossing it and threw it to dry land while I went SPLASH. A little dirt but was a-ok.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
So far it's been raining all weekend, tomorrow night looks promising I hope.

74qGOQh.jpg

nirg7Uj.jpg

zfF8UdO.jpg

Last edited:

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Here are a couple shots I took in Yellowstone with some various croppings for the same shot. With all the different colors and formations available, I found just a single shot could be broken down into a lot of interesting perspectives.
A
CuPzfW4.jpg

B
3JpTPLy.jpg

C
GOP5ISO.jpg

and

A
LlPrNZi.jpg

B
b14m93I.jpg

C
FHzhHLu.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got a brief glimpse of open night sky tonight. Hoping tomorrow provides more since the forecast is for clear sky.

While I was setting up and testing settings I managed to snag a shooting star by accident:
N5SQ3IXh.jpg

There's so much moisture in the air so it is a little hazy.
1rfRM0Ah.jpg

awUcIt0h.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
Staying up paid off, got a wide open sky (running as many exposures as I can to try and do a time lapse at the moment). Straight from the camera no editing:

fATfiOW.jpg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

woot!

Trakanon Raider
Was in Toronto for two weeks, here are a couple shots I made there :
DSC04901_HDR.jpg
DSC05627_HDR.jpg
DSC05906_HDR.jpg
DSC05961.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
Been an active night out in the bay area of the place we're staying.

Beaver that was coming on land but then got scared off by cranes:
1Q2ihtJ.jpg

Asshole cranes that scared off the beaver:
wNpQk52.jpg

CkFKam5.jpg

QitrtOm.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
Black tail skimmer:
WwM3DEG.jpg